The NFL will help Twitter scale its new set of engagement products as part of an extension of its agreement. Twitter’s new audio tech is a major part of the partnership now. Called Twitter Spaces, it’s a blatant answer to Clubhouse, the audio-based social network that too the tech world by storm, only to see a fall in app downloads. But even with that it’s still valued at $4 billion.
Here’s the NFL press release:
The National Football League (NFL) and Twitter announced a multi-year partnership extension which will include expanded engagement formats and a full-season commitment to produce exclusive content on Twitter Spaces, Twitter’s new live audio feature. Twitter will also continue to be a home for the games’ biggest moments — all the touchdowns, leaping catches, incredible runs, and celebrations after they happen, from season Kickoff to Super Bowl.
With more than 20 Spaces planned for the upcoming 2021 NFL season, the NFL is the first sports league to partner with Twitter to offer sponsored Twitter Spaces, giving both brands and fans new opportunities to connect and engage with live NFL audio. The NFL’s Twitter Spaces will be available throughout the season, as well as in conjunction with NFL tentpole events including Kickoff, Super Bowl, the NFL Draft and more. The Spaces will include participation from current NFL players and other NFL talent to discuss season matchups and insights.
The partnership will continue to engage fans each week of the season through:
New Highlight Offerings – Curated videos featuring recaps of the best touchdowns, highlights and Tweets each week of the season with first-of-its-kind opportunities for brands.
Expanded NFL Twitter Votes – Fans will be invited to vote each week on the hottest topics and takes burning through the NFL Twittersphere in an expanded set of Twitter Polls.
Providing Fans the Best Moments from Every Game – The NFL and its Clubs will bring the best moments from every game to the #NFLTwitter community through highlights, and on-field coverage and Twitter Moments.
“The commitment to Twitter Spaces represents another innovative step forward in the longstanding partnership between the NFL and Twitter,” said Blake Stuchin, Vice President, Digital Media Business Development, NFL. “We’re excited to bring NFL fans a new way to engage with live audio ahead of our biggest events of the year and every week throughout the NFL season.”
“We’re excited to super-serve NFL fans with even more of what they love to see on Twitter, including epic touchdown highlights all season long,” said TJ Adeshola, Head of US Sports Partnerships, Twitter. “In addition to fueling the timeline with the best moments from each game in real time, we’ll be doubling down on innovation by leveraging our live audio format, ‘Spaces’, to bring fans even closer to the game.”
Since announcing their first partnership agreement in 2013, the NFL has developed live programming and distributed on-demand content that takes advantage of Twitter’s unique features to appeal to its highly engaged audience.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Cincinnati Reds vs Pittsburgh Pirates Highlights September 27, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB 2021 September 28, 2021
- Chevron Ecuador’s Steven Donziger And Theranos Elizabeth Holmes Have Fraud In Common September 28, 2021
- Rebecca Kaplan and Noel Gallo Oakland CMs Call For Approval Of AASEG Oakland Coliseum Term Sheet September 28, 2021
- City of Oakland Missing Out On TENS OF MILLIONS Of Cannabis Taxes by Derrick Soo September 28, 2021
- Squash: Coll v Farag – Men’s Final Roundup – Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 September 28, 2021
- Loop Capital CEO Jim Reynolds Tells CNBC How He’s Diversifying His Firm In 2020 Interview September 28, 2021
- Frank Somerville Suspended By KTVU Update – Oakland’s Dr. Elnora T. Webb, PhD Op Ed September 28, 2021
- Zion Williamson injured and will miss preseason September 28, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Move Up In The Top 5 In The NFL Power Rankings September 28, 2021
- Gabby Petito Family Press Conference On Today September 28 2021 1:05 PM EST via CNN September 28, 2021
- How We Can Win Texas and Florida in 2022 with Shaniqua McClendon September 28, 2021
- Frank Somerville Suspended Update: KTVU’s Amber Eikel Avoids Social Media Blasts After Action September 28, 2021
- Davey D Rants on Mayor Ron Dellums After Oakland Oscar Grant Murder, Riots For Not Talking To Media September 28, 2021
- TikTok Video: Brian Laundrie Hitchhiking on August 29th, But Where Was Gabby Petito? September 28, 2021
- Reagan Shooter John Hinckley Granted Release From Court Supervision September 28, 2021
- Squash: Hany v Sobhy – Women’s Finals Roundup – Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 September 28, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders – Is Everyone Being Vetted Before Entering Allegiant Stadium? By Joseph Armendariz September 28, 2021
- National Voter Registration Day is today September 28, 2021
- National Voter Registration day is today! September 28, 2021
- Tuesday is National Voter Registration Day: Where can you register to vote? September 28, 2021
- National Voter Registration Day! September 28, 2021
- News to Go – Events Today for National Voter Registration Day September 28, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Is RB Peyton Barber The Reason For Trey Ragas Release? By Joseph Armendariz September 28, 2021
- Oakland Athletics vs Seattle Mariners Highlights September 27, 2021 September 28, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Running BackTrey Ragas Waived By The Raiders But Why? By Joseph Armendariz September 28, 2021