ONN – New Piedmont Wellness Center At Pinewood Forest Opens In Fayetteville, GA
Fayetteville, GA – The giant new Pinewood Forest Wellness Center opened this morning. Located at 200 J Arthur Rank Avenue, its a fully equipped and strikingly beautiful building that’s part of the “new urbanist” new town in town that is Pinewood Forest.
Pinewood Forest is next to Pinewood Studios Atlanta Fayetteville Georgia, the site of the vast majority of the record-setting Marvel movies like Avengers: Endgame.
According to Emily Poole, who broke the story on Facebook, the Piedmont Wellness Center is “located right in Pinewood Forest!
She reports “It’s a full gym with all the amenities (and then some!) plus therapeutic resources such as physical therapy, nutrition, fitness instruction, etc.
It. Is. Gorgeous. I can’t wait to break in the weights.
AND.. they are lucky enough to have THE Jared Leland teaching a rocking yoga class. You must check it out.
Memberships are available to the public! Pricing starts at $79/person.“
The Piedmont Wellness Center website is at https://www.piedmontwellnesscenter.com
Pinewood Forest And What Is “New Urbanism” Anyway?
Pinewood Forest is a uniquely designed new town that, when I first drove through it, I thought was a giant replica of a fictional town in England.
Pinewood Forest is designed by an architect named Lew Oliver. According to my search, he’s a Southern-based pioneering student of the concept of town development around a “new urbanist” or “new urbanism” approach. But what is that?
According to The Congress For The New Urbanism, it’s this:
New Urbanism is a planning and development approach based on the principles of how cities and towns had been built for the last several centuries: walkable blocks and streets, housing and shopping in close proximity, and accessible public spaces. In other words: New Urbanism focuses on human-scaled urban design.
To me, it’s kind of like walking from my place in Oakland in Adams Point, and down to Perch Coffee on Grand Avenue, as I did here:
Look at my neighborhood in the background. Buildings close together, and a sidewalk that, while somewhat uneven and in bad need of repair, still allows one to get some exercise in as they head for the coffee shop.
Here in Fayetteville, Georgia, walking to a coffee shop is not an easy option. That said, it’s not a complaint – the happy trade off is you get a lot of land that you can call your own.
Still, I think the design of Pinewood Forest is right on, because if I want to go and connect with people, I just walk down the street in Oakland. At Pinewood Forest, it seems that’s basically the same idea. Something that is needed in this society where what I call “digital loneliness” is a major problem. It would seem the Pinewood Forest developers agree.
On the website for Pinewood Forest, there’s a page called “Combating Loneliness”:
At a time in history when we are experiencing unprecedented levels of digital connectedness, the reality is we are lonelier than ever. While the internet, smart phones, email, texts, and social media tools were all designed to improve communication, those same tools have conspired to provide a false sense of relationship and connectedness. Numerous studies have exposed the loneliness problem, one study even demonstrating that loneliness is more damaging to our personal health than smoking, drinking and obesity combined.
As part of our town planning and neighborhood design effort, the Pinewood Forest team has kept human connectedness front and center. Front porches close to the street, miles of walking paths, a community mail center, dog parks, shared micro-parks and amenities, and abundant seating areas are all design elements that help create positive human collisions.
In addition to the built environment, regularly scheduled programming that is designed to facilitate human interaction and social connection provides a 1-2 punch against loneliness
Note from Oakland News Now Technical: this video-blog post shows the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- The New Orleans Gave QB Jameis Winston An Awful Offensive Game Plan – Here’s Why September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Defense Has Been The Difference This Year Compared To Last Year By Eric Pangilinan September 19, 2021
- Timeline of disappearance of Gabby Petito September 19, 2021
- Saints Loss To Panthers Because Coaches Weren’t Prepared, Left Jameis Winston With Bad Game Plan September 19, 2021
- Oakland, CA – Random BAY AREA ROAD TRIP VLOG w Best Fren Lolo! – IamLindaElaine September 19, 2021
- Body Found In Gabby Petito Search Effort In Wyoming – Update September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Upset Win vs Pittsburgh Steelers 26 – 17, Derek Carr On 7,000 Yd Pace For 2021 September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders QB Derek Carr Last Two Games Has 817 Total Passing Yards By Eric Pangilinan September 19, 2021
- Raiders Live: Postgame Pressers – 9.19.21 | Week 2 | Las Vegas Raiders September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders 2-0 Henry Ruggs III Stepped It Up In Week Two By Eric Pangilinan September 19, 2021
- Golden Bears earn first win of season in 42-30 victory over Hornets September 19, 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | September 19, 2021. 10am September 19, 2021
- LIVE: Saints-Panthers Postgame Show Week 2 | 2021 NFL September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Alex Leatherwood Out For 2nd Half With Injury By Joseph Armendariz September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Offensive Line Struggles In First Half At Steelers By Joseph Armendariz September 19, 2021
- Saints At Panthers – Will Jameis Winston Run Sean Payton’s Mike Martz Passing Approach? September 19, 2021
- Raiders vs Steelers Game Betting Prediction – Take Pittsburgh Give Points To Las Vegas September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts 8th Grade Promotion 2021 September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts Class 2021 Graduation September 19, 2021
- Twenty-Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time – Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes – Oakland – September 12th, 2021 September 19, 2021
- Best Nursing Schools in Oakland, California, United States September 19, 2021
- #1 Alabama vs #11 Florida: Extended Highlights | CBS Sports HQ September 19, 2021
- Nick Saban talks Alabama’s win vs. Florida | ESPN College Football September 19, 2021
- UCLA vs. Fresno State Postgame Press Conference After Upset Loss To Fresno State September 19, 2021
- Fresno State stuns No. 13 UCLA after an unforgettable fourth quarter September 19, 2021