During The Pandemic, in Oakland, like the rest of the nation (and perhaps the industrialized world) toilet paper is the one product that is in high demand other than hand sanitizer. So, you say you went to your major chain store and found their was a run on toilet paper? Well, thanks to the friendly folks on Nextdoor, the arrow of help points to the friendly small retail store called Lake Merritt Super Market at 459 Perkins at Grand Avenue.
And yes, in Oakland, in Adams Point, next to the intersection of Grand Avenue and Perkins.
As the Nextdoor tipsters wrote:
If your having a hard time finding T/P, the search is over, they have lots of it at the Lake Merritt SuperMarket on the corner of Grand and Perkins. Your Welcome. Another Nextdoor tipster added “Just a reminder: Sam has plenty of rice, beans (pinto & black) and potatoes to donate to any Adams Point neighbor in need.”
Perkins Market is well-stocke. Plenty of bottled water, pet food, pasta, wine, almond milk, IPA, canned soup, and Pepperidge Farm Goldfish. Go say hi to my man,Solomon.
And on Yelp, the Lake Merritt Super Market has received rave reviews:
A well stocked corner convenience store. You’ll find a wide range of drinks, sweets & just all kinds of non-perishable items. Heck, you can even get here some individual fresh fruits & veggies, which is pretty unique to these kinda establishments.
– right across a gas station (with Zipcars) and a bus stop (with the NL heading to SF)
– right next to one of the more popular casual carpool spots
This is long over due. This store is wonderful and,Sam, the owner is a prince of a fellow. He stocks many items that no other small grocery has. He also has International food. A few times I have gone without my wallet. No problem. Sam just says bring it later. I highly recommend this special place!
So, need toilet paper? Buy it from Sam!
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Velodyne Lidar Introduces Next-Generation Velabit Sensor
- Dave Kaval Oakland A’s President Shows Us Globe Life Field In Arlington, Texas
- Oakland Council President Bas To Hold Old-Media-Only Meetup On Budget Vote In Downtown Oakland
- 25th Street Art Gallery Oakland Saturday Stroll
- Oakland A’s Sergio Romo Drops Pants During Umpire Inspection For Foreign Substances
- City Auditor Pt1 Courtney Ruby, Oakland City Auditor, All About Community, June 8, 2021
- Boxing Keith Thurman Says Pacquiao Fist Feel Like a Rock Spence Better Listen – By Eric Pangilinan
- Atlanta Hawks Upset Milwaukee Bucks 116-113 To Win NBA East Finals Game 1
- Sonic The Hedgehog Celebrates It’s 30th Anniversary As A Franchise, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Hawks Trae Young Shimmy Scores Three vs Bucks NBA Playoffs Game 1 2021
- Raiders Josh Jacobs Was Not happy Losing Hudson And Jackson – By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Coming Out Of Retirement- By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Derek Carr Supports Teammate Carl Nassib – By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Receiver John Brown Building Chemistry With QB Derek Carr
- John McAfee, Who Ran For President vs Donald Trump In 2015, Died In Spanish Prison
- Loki Lamentis Review Recap – By Jessica Dwyer
- Loki Episode 3: Does The Ark Reference Have Symbolic Meaning To Noah’s Ark? By Joseph Armendariz
- 2412 Kingsland Ave Oakland, CA 94601
- Bike Oakland/Alameda: Bay Trail & Bay Farm Island
- Oakland City Budget 2021-23: Oakland City Council President Bas Presents Amendments
Oakland News Now Archives
- California eviction moratorium still in limbo ahead of June 30 expiration – San Francisco Chronicle
- Adams leads in NYC mayoral primary but 2 others have a shot – theday.com
- Giant Crane To Pass Under Golden Gate Bridge En Route To Oakland – Patch.com
- Oakland Police Department using de-escalation simulator to train officers on use of force – California News Times
- Oakland A’s minor-league updates: Who’s making the case for a promotion? – The Mercury News
- Photos: Rally and vigil follows Juneteenth shooting at Lake Merritt – The Oaklandside
- Gwyneth Paltrow Probably Didn’t Write This Guide to What’s Cool and New in SF – Flipboard
- Crystal Teahon Obituary (1941 – 2021) – Cordes Lakes, AZ – Custer County Chief – Legacy.com
- East Bay Assembly candidates lay out LGBTQ plans – Bay Area Reporter, America’s highest circulation LGBT newspaper
- Cruise ships are back in business, but new rules mean changes – CNET