MILWAUKEE—Tonight at the 2020 Democratic National Convention, national security leaders and top diplomats – who have served in Democratic and Republican administrations – came together in a new video to underscore why it’s so critical that we make Vice President Biden America’s next Commander-in-Chief.
The video features former ambassadors, generals, and national security experts speaking to how Donald Trump has undermined our alliances and cozied up to dictators, and how he is directly threatening the lives of American troops by refusing to stand up to Putin.
Joe Biden is the opposite kind of leader—one who is steady, experienced, and always prepared to do the right thing for our women and men in uniform —and it is he who will restore our standing on the world stage.
Featured in tonight’s video:
- Brett McGurk—Former Special Presidential Envoy for Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS (2015-2018)
- Marie L. Yovanovitch—Former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine (2016-2019)
- Chuck Hagel—Former Secretary of Defense (2013-2015); U.S. Senator, R-NE (1997-2009)
- Linda Thomas-Greenfield—Former Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs (2013-2017)
- Jack Weinstein—Lieutenant General, United States Air Force (retired) (1982-2018)
- Rose Gottemoeller—Former Deputy Secretary General of NATO (2016-2019)
- Tom Countryman—Former Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Non Proliferation (2011-2017)
Post based on press release from DNC 2020 Press to Zennie62Media