From New York and the NY Giants and NY Jets to California and the 49ers and The LA Rams (the Raiders relocated from Oakland to Las Vegas), the National Football League’s NFL 2020 Season focus has been on preparations to stop the spread of COVID-19 within teams and in the community at large.
As I explained after an NFL Conference Call held this week, the league has dramatically changed everything it does to meet the Pandemic Threat. Many teams are not having fans in the buildings they will play in. NFL Preseason has already been cancelled. And for those teams that are hosting fans, the NFL has said the stadium experience will be “dramatically different.”
How Will The NFL Recognize “Fan Of The Year” When Some Fans Can’t Attend Games?
In the middle of the whole NFL COVID-19 focus, the league also released the new “Fan Of The Year” contest. It goes like this:
The NFL announced today the launch of the ‘Fan of the Year’ program, which recognizes the unyielding passion and constant support of fans nationwide. The ‘Fan of the Year’ will be crowned at Super Bowl LV in Tampa Bay on February 7th and have a chance to represent their team.
In partnership with all 32 Clubs, this program is designed to spotlight fans who have a special affinity for their local team, provides inspiration to others and showcase how football unites their family, friends and local communities.
Fans are able to submit either themselves or someone they know to receive this honor, and can do so through a dedicated microsite, NFL.com/fanoftheyear, which is hosted by the NFL. Each team will select one fan representative who embodies the values that their Club abides by throughout the year.
The 32 ‘Fans of the Year’ will then be narrowed down to a top eight and eventually a final three format during the NFL Playoffs. The final three ‘Fans of the Year’ will receive a trip to Super Bowl LV in Tampa Bay, inclusive of two tickets plus a VIP experience. The ultimate ‘Fan of the Year’ winner will be crowned during Super Bowl weekend.
Throughout the regular season, all 32 ‘Fans of the Year’ selected will also receive a series of prizes/virtual experiences, recognizing their loyalty to the League and the Club they represent.
Please visit NFL.com/fanoftheyear for full details.
All experiences, prizes and elements of this campaign are subject to change based on the League’s policy and government regulations regarding COVID-19.
That last sentence was made bold not by the NFL but by me. How does the league intend to do the program when some fans can’t come to the games and others can?
NFL Releases Cool Multi-Media Look At How Teams Are Preparing For The Season
The NFL loves the Canva platform, and while I’m more into coding, I have to admit it does have some interesting capabilities. That aside, here’s the league’s multi-team look at COVID-19-focused preparation for NFL 2020:
Training Camp Update 8/18 by NFL PR
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Astros vs. Red Sox ALCS Game 3 Highlights (10/18/21) | MLB Highlights October 19, 2021
- Yet Another Bank of America, SBA EIDL Horror Story Sent For Blogging October 19, 2021
- Cowboy Bebop | Official Teaser “Lost Session” | Netflix October 19, 2021
- Cowboy Bebop | Opening Credits | Netflix October 19, 2021
- Intellectual Property Law Issues in Non Fungible Tokens (NFTs) October 19, 2021
- The New Future Of YouTube | YouTube Video NFTs – Non-Fungible Tokens | RetroPie Guy October 19, 2021
- Drugstores Blame Shoplifting for Locked Up Shelves October 19, 2021
- Nationwide spike in shoplifting October 19, 2021
- Mondays With Vish: Will the 49ers Bounce Back After the Bye Week? October 19, 2021
- MLB Picks – Atlanta Braves vs Los Angeles Dodgers – NLCS Game 3 MLB Playoffs October 19, 2021
- The BEST MLB Team That MISSED The Playoffs October 19, 2021
- 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo is Likely to Start Against the Indianapolis Colts October 19, 2021
- MLB Playoffs, MNF, NHL, NBA Opening Night, NBA Top 100 Players, News & Notes, DWTS, Best Bet October 19, 2021
- Curb Your Enthusiasm (2021) | Season 11 Official Trailer | HBO October 19, 2021
- Korn – “Coming Undone” – Live 10-18-2021 – Oakland Arena – Oakland, CA October 19, 2021
- Brutal Marriage Movie – SNL October 19, 2021
- Five players the New York Jets could deal at the NFL trading deadline October 19, 2021
- 2021 MLB playoffs Red Sox vs Astros odds ALCS Game 3 picks predictions October 19, 2021
- Astros vs Red Sox Game 3 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 19, 2021
- Lowe’s Fayetteville GA Service Tech Shelby Cooper Great Dishwasher Install Service On Call October 19, 2021
- Oakland Unified School District OUSD Celebrates 2021 National Principals Month October 19, 2021
- The Jewel of Oakland – An Aerial Cinematic View of Lake Merritt in 4K October 19, 2021
- Oakland Sideshow SEP. 2021 pt.2 October 19, 2021
- Bike Oakland: Seminary, Leona Heights, Upper Dimond, Laurel, Allendale, Maxwell Park October 19, 2021
- Bike the sunrise in Oakland, San Leandro & Alameda October 19, 2021
- Bike Oakland: Up Broadway, Broadway Heights, Down Monterey October 19, 2021
- Bike Oakland: Up Monterey, Down Park October 19, 2021
- Oakland Sideshow SEP. 2021 October 19, 2021
- Bills vs Titans Week 6 Highlights | NFL 2021 October 19, 2021
- Kate Scott embraces Philly as Sixers season begins | Sixers Talk October 19, 2021