Muslim Advocates to President Trump: “If you’re not condemning this bigotry, you’re co-signing it” in press release sent to Zennie62Media blasting Trump’s racist tweets.
WASHINGTON, DC — Muslim Advocates, the national civil rights organization, released the following statement from Public Advocacy Director Scott Simpson in response to President Trump’s racist tweets attacking Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley and Rashida Tlaib:
“Trump burst onto the political scene peddling the very same bigoted birtherism conspiracy theory that he used this weekend to attack four women of color serving in Congress. Despite real-life consequences for Americans who suffer from hate crimes, hate speech and bigoted policies, Trump continues to govern as a white nationalist.
Previous anti-Muslim rants from the president have already caused Rep. Ilhan Omar and others to receive numerous death threats. Further, we know that white nationalists who have attacked mosques, synagogues, gurdwaras and churches have consumed and expressed the same kind of dehumanizing, alarmist rhetoric that the president expressed on Sunday.
If you’re not condemning this bigotry, you’re co-signing it. Donald Trump is not just a political actor making partisan attacks; he is openly embracing white nationalism as the animating force of his presidency and will continue to do so throughout the 2020 campaign. People of every identity and of both parties must condemn it.”
Muslim Advocates is a national civil rights organization working in the courts, in the halls of power and in communities to halt bigotry in its tracks. We ensure that American Muslims have a seat at the table with expert representation so that all Americans may live free from hate and discrimination.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Community Holds ‘Unity Against Hate’ Rally in Oakland
- Giant Palestine Israel Protest In San Francisco Mission District
- Oakland Councilmember Dan Kalb Asks For City And Oakland Athletics To Keep Ballpark Talks Quiet
- Rombauer Upsets Medina Sprit Comes From Behind To Win The Preakness Stakes – Race Real Time Reaction
- SF Bay Area White “Journalists” Can’t Stand Black Oakland Blogger With His Own Opinion
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Pushes Coliseum Ballpark With Flooding Future
- Let’s Meet. For Real. Meet In Oakland (full video)
- Base Camp 2021 Kick Off Hype Video
- 2021 Honda CR-V EX 2WD Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 4553
- Oakland Police Investigate After Elderly Man Attacked
- POOLE PARTY! Jordan Splashes Home 38 Points in Warriors’ Win | May 14, 2021
- Warriors Talk: Jordan Poole on his 38-Point Night vs. Pelicans – May 14, 2021
- Taj Tashombe, Oakland A’s VP Of Gov Affairs Is NAACP 2021 Black Male Achievement Award Winner
- Tony Buzbee Did Approach Deshaun Watson Reps For $100K Settlement Contrary To Recent Claims
- Oakland Fire Department Sends 3,000 Baby Goats Out As News To Distract From Oakland A’s Relocation
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Accused Of Fraud By Local Atlanta TV Station WSB-TV
- dat Krunchy Couple: Trader Joe’s Snack Haul
- Oakland City Council Leaders Email To Rob Manfred MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Relocation
- Pyro’s Pastrami Jack London Square Is Oakland’s Best Kept Secret
- 1100 Himself on The Meaning Behind The Word “Hyphy” + Explains Oakland Slang. PT.2