Muslim Advocates to President Trump: “If you’re not condemning this bigotry, you’re co-signing it” in press release sent to Zennie62Media blasting Trump’s racist tweets.
WASHINGTON, DC — Muslim Advocates, the national civil rights organization, released the following statement from Public Advocacy Director Scott Simpson in response to President Trump’s racist tweets attacking Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley and Rashida Tlaib:
“Trump burst onto the political scene peddling the very same bigoted birtherism conspiracy theory that he used this weekend to attack four women of color serving in Congress. Despite real-life consequences for Americans who suffer from hate crimes, hate speech and bigoted policies, Trump continues to govern as a white nationalist.
Previous anti-Muslim rants from the president have already caused Rep. Ilhan Omar and others to receive numerous death threats. Further, we know that white nationalists who have attacked mosques, synagogues, gurdwaras and churches have consumed and expressed the same kind of dehumanizing, alarmist rhetoric that the president expressed on Sunday.
If you’re not condemning this bigotry, you’re co-signing it. Donald Trump is not just a political actor making partisan attacks; he is openly embracing white nationalism as the animating force of his presidency and will continue to do so throughout the 2020 campaign. People of every identity and of both parties must condemn it.”
Muslim Advocates is a national civil rights organization working in the courts, in the halls of power and in communities to halt bigotry in its tracks. We ensure that American Muslims have a seat at the table with expert representation so that all Americans may live free from hate and discrimination.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Mock Draft Live Two Weeks Away From The 2021 NFL Draft
- 1974 Oakland Raiders Season
- Oakland Athletics Post-Game From Phoenix By Richard Haick
- Oakland Public Library: Hora De Cuentos: 5 En La Cama
- Oakland Athletics at Arizona Diamondbacks at Chase Field in Phoenix by Richard Haick
- US Calls For Pause On Johnson & Johnson Vaccine | TODAY
- Paul Flores, Rubin Flores: Kristin Smart Case Suspects Arrested, Sheriffs To Announce Updates
- Bishop O’Dowd at San Leandro Football 4.1.21 | Jesse Madden vs Demetrius Freeney
- Justin Fields Is Smartest QB In 2021 NFL Draft With Insane Aptitude Test Score
- Oakland Jobs: Waste Management Hiring Oakland California Residents At WM.com
- City Of Oakland Launches New Poet Laureate Program
- Oakland Fire Department Announced Oakland City Council Approved Return Of Full Service April 13th
- Exploring The Bay Area: Lake Chabot Park, Oakland, California Vlog
- Turf Toy On YouTube Brings 3-Wheel Slingshot SL To Oakland California
- Gina Champion-Cain San Diego Businesswoman Gets 15 Years In Prison For $400 Million Ponzi Scheme
- Grand Lake Theater Oakland Staff Fundraiser Short Of $35K Goal At $30,283 As Of April 13 2021
- 2/24/21 OUSD School Board Meeting – Resolution for Reparations for Black Students
- Oakland Police Chief LeRonne L. Armstrong Press Conference On Weekend Violence 4/12/ 21
- Oakland City Council Unanimously Votes To Use $10 Million To Restore Vital Community Services
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce Good On Greens, Fish, Shrimp, And Pasta. Mark Zuckerberg, Thanks!