UPDATE: Movano Inc. Exits Stealth Mode and Secures $10M in Additional Funding to Transform Glucose Monitoring with Non-Invasive Technology
Company’s needle-free wearable technology will provide painless, real-time glucose readings at the glance of a wrist
PLEASANTON, Calif., July 14, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Movano Inc., a health-focused technology company dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for people affected by chronic health conditions, has raised $10M in a bridge round led by Tri-Valley Ventures. With $27M in total funding since its inception in 2018, the company is actively developing its first product – a wearable, non-invasive continuous glucose monitor (CGM) powered by Radio Frequency (RF) technology that is painless, smart and simple.
The International Diabetes Federation estimates there are 463 million people with diabetes (PWD) worldwide. Without proper care, PWD are at greater risk for heart disease, kidney failure and other serious health complications. Despite the prevalence of diabetes, only a small subset of PWD use a CGM today, primarily due to affordability.
“There’s a considerable disconnect between the demand for an inconspicuous and inexpensive glucose measurement solution and what’s on the market. Today, people with diabetes have two options to get a glucose reading – either prick their finger daily or wear an expensive, disposable patch,” said Michael Leabman, founder and CEO of Movano. “We plan to bridge this gap, so that measuring your glucose becomes as simple as glancing at your wrist, whether you’re a person with diabetes, pre-diabetes or a part of the greater wellness community. We’re going to break down the current cost, usability and accessibility barriers with CGMs so that anyone can manage their glucose levels with confidence and in a way that best suits their lifestyle.”
Movano’s novel approach to glucose monitoring is centered around its patent-pending RF solution, which can be embedded in a wearable and connected to apps and the cloud. The combination of custom-built, miniature and highly flexible sensors, smart antennas and proprietary machine learning algorithms will form a glucose monitoring system that is more affordable and smaller in size than competing CGMs.
The company’s cloud-based network app will give users real-time data, including trending lines and time-in-range information. This will enable data sharing with healthcare providers, caregivers and family to optimize care routines, reinforce positive behaviors and serve as a catalyst for long-term behavioral changes. Armed with real-time knowledge about how glucose levels impact a person’s overall well-being, Movano’s solution is being designed as a valuable preventative care tool to aid users in making data-driven decisions, reducing the frequency of doctor and hospital visits.
“What makes a digital health tool effective is its ability to keep consumers engaged without disrupting their normal routine and a design that makes the wearer feel like a person, not a patient,” said Greg Hitchan, Managing Partner of Tri-Valley Ventures. “What resonated with us about Movano is its consumer-centric approach to glucose management. Its non-invasive solution, which can be included in wearable devices, enables users to get a continuous reading no matter where they are. With the potential to improve the quality of life for so many people dealing with serious health conditions related to diabetes, we see a bright future for Movano and its technology.”
The $10 million in new capital will be used to finalize production silicon and help the company prepare for initial user trials.
To learn more about Movano Inc., please visit www.movano.com
About Movano Inc.
Founded in 2018, Movano Inc. is a health-focused technology company using non-invasive technology that is simple, smart and invisible to enable individuals and their healthcare partners to measure and manage their health conditions, so that life-changing health objectives can be achieved via valuable feedback. For more information, visit www.movano.com.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Community Holds ‘Unity Against Hate’ Rally in Oakland
- Giant Palestine Israel Protest In San Francisco Mission District
- Oakland Councilmember Dan Kalb Asks For City And Oakland Athletics To Keep Ballpark Talks Quiet
- Rombauer Upsets Medina Sprit Comes From Behind To Win The Preakness Stakes – Race Real Time Reaction
- SF Bay Area White “Journalists” Can’t Stand Black Oakland Blogger With His Own Opinion
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Pushes Coliseum Ballpark With Flooding Future
- Let’s Meet. For Real. Meet In Oakland (full video)
- Base Camp 2021 Kick Off Hype Video
- 2021 Honda CR-V EX 2WD Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 4553
- Oakland Police Investigate After Elderly Man Attacked
- POOLE PARTY! Jordan Splashes Home 38 Points in Warriors’ Win | May 14, 2021
- Warriors Talk: Jordan Poole on his 38-Point Night vs. Pelicans – May 14, 2021
- Taj Tashombe, Oakland A’s VP Of Gov Affairs Is NAACP 2021 Black Male Achievement Award Winner
- Tony Buzbee Did Approach Deshaun Watson Reps For $100K Settlement Contrary To Recent Claims
- Oakland Fire Department Sends 3,000 Baby Goats Out As News To Distract From Oakland A’s Relocation
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Accused Of Fraud By Local Atlanta TV Station WSB-TV
- dat Krunchy Couple: Trader Joe’s Snack Haul
- Oakland City Council Leaders Email To Rob Manfred MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Relocation
- Pyro’s Pastrami Jack London Square Is Oakland’s Best Kept Secret
- 1100 Himself on The Meaning Behind The Word “Hyphy” + Explains Oakland Slang. PT.2