Oakland – Mountain Mike’s is trying to take over Oakland, and The Glenview Neighborhood Association doesn’t like it.
The Oakland Planning Commission approved a permit for a Mountain Mike’s Pizza retail business to be at 2042 Mountain, Blvd. According to the Oakland Planning Commission staff report from July 5th 2017, the recommendation was to approve the permit for the Mountain Mike’s Pizza, including the sale of alcohol.
Mountain Mike’s says “Since the beginning, the idea has been simple – provide high quality and custom made food using only the freshest and finest ingredients available. With almost four decades of experience, Mountain Mike’s Pizza is holding fast to those same core values. Mountain Mike’s does not compromise on quality or value, and still makes the best pizza in the West!
Our restaurants are designed to accommodate those seeking a family-oriented casual dining environment along with delivery and carryout.
We look forward to seeing you soon!”
And Mountain Mike’s Pizza set its sites on another location at 4230 Park Blvd in the Glenview. Only, this time, the best reaction to the “We look forward to seeing you soon!”, is “Well, maybe not.”
The Glenview Neighborhood Association doesn’t want Mountain Mike’s Pizza there, and has raised $2,000 to fight the Oakland Planning Commission decision that was recently made, and based on that staff report from last year.
This was posted on the Glenview listserv, stating November 2017:
Thanks for posting this. I will definitely let the Planning Commission know my concerns about bringing a chain restaurant into our neighborhood when we already have a local family-owned pizza place. I seem to recall a very long time ago Starbucks wanted to lease a location on Park Blvd (don’t remember which storefront) and the neighbors were successful at defeating it – Jan on Ardley
And then this more recently…
With the help and generosity ($2000 raised to pay fee) of our neighbors, an appeal has been filed with the City Council opposing the Park Blvd. Mountain Mike’s approval by the Planning Commission. The process could take a few months since it needs to get on the Council’s agenda and go through procedural hoops. The necessary first steps have been taken. We will keep you posted as the appeal progresses through the process. Thanks again for all your support.
Building Community Together…
Allan Brill, GNA President”
What’s got them going about the proposal? I’ll find out more for my next post on this, but I gotta believe it has something to do with the pizza. Take a look at this tweet about the awful looking serving at the Downtown Oakland Mountain Mike’s Pizza:
Oakland Mountain Mike’s downtown. Not an option pic.twitter.com/k8wiGscixn
— Ayodele Nzinga (@wordslanger) January 10, 2018
UPDATE: The Glenview Neighborhood Association rejected the Mountain Mike’s application.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Nba Time For The 76ers To Trade Ben Simmons- By Eric Pangilinan
- Maria Ayerdi Kaplan: Salesforce Transit Center Should Have Her Statue In Front Of It, Marc Beinoff
- Dave Kaval Headed Back To Las Vegas, After The Howard Terminal City Of Oakland Alameda County Fiasco
- What Atlanta 1 Step From NBA Finals 1 Year After Donald Trump, Rayshard Brooks, The Pandemic, Means
- Atlanta Hawks Shock Philadelphia 76ers 103 – 96 – Off To 2021 Eastern Conference Finals
- Louis Riddick Says Raiders Issue Always Been Defense Not Derek Carr – By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Errol Spence Jr Belives He Is The big Dog- By Eric Pangilinan
- Gus Bradley Putting In New Defense System For The Raiders By – Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines Orders Biggest Doese Of Covid Vaccine
- Nba Western Conference Finals Devin Booker Shines By- Eric Pangilinan
- Deep Dish Pizza – Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria Classic Style At Uptown Plaza, Phoenix, 100 E Camelback Rd
- Gus Bradley Putting In New Defense System For The Raiders By- Eric Pangilinan
- 2021 Juneteenth Shooting At Oakland Lake Merritt Shows Some Black Kids Don’t Value Black Life – Our Fault
- Juneteenth Lake Merritt Shooting: Oakland City Council’s Nikki Fortunado Bas, Carroll Fife Statement
- Kumasi Aaron Of ABC 7 At Juneteenth Jubilee Oakland, Produced By Oakland City Council’s Loren Taylor
- Juneteenth Walk Down Broadway In Oakland Brings Back Memories For Instagram Poster
- 1 dead, others injured after shots fired at Lake Merritt
- Brooklyn Loses NBA Playoffs Game 7 To Milwalkee 115 – 111 Kevin Durant Reverts To Warriors Time
- NBA Super Teams Dont Win Right Away By- Eric Pangilinan
- Kevin Durant Is God Reaction – Hits Tie Shot To Send Game 7 Vs Bucks To Overtime