ONN – Moratorium On Oakland COVID-19 Related Evictions Called For By Councilmember Nikki Fortunato Bas
The Oakland District Two Councilmember sent this email:
Oaklanders are strong, resilient, and community-minded. We are focused on a major piece in stopping the spread of infection: keeping people safe in their homes.
That’s why I am calling for a moratorium on evictions. This morning, I scheduled an emergency ordinance to halt evictions caused by COVID-19 income disruptions.
Oakland would be joining San Francisco and San Jose in seeking this action.
Alameda County has urged people to take precautions; employers are encouraging employees to work from home; and I’ve heard from constituents who are staying home to avoid possible infection.
We must also protect our neighbors without homes or in danger of losing theirs.
Please join me in:
supporting a moratorium on evictions,
supporting increased public sanitation from the City and County — including expediting and increasing hand-washing stations, toilets, and distribution of hand sanitizer throughout Oakland homeless encampments and public facilities, as well as expanding trash collection at encampments — and
urging Alameda County Superior Court to pause all ongoing eviction cases and reject new filings until Oakland City Council’s next meeting on April 7.
Today, City Council ratified the proclamation of a local emergency due to the spread of COVID-19. Our regular Council meetings have been cancelled until April 7. The City is following state and federal actions to postpone or cancel large gatherings, advise event organizers throughout our community to do the same, and implement social distancing of 6 feet per person in essential gatherings that cannot otherwise be postponed or achieved without meeting in person. See Alameda County’s latest guidance on mass gatherings.
Also today, Governor Newsom issued an executive order, which includes authorization to remove the waiting period for unemployment and disability insurance for those who lose work as a result of COVID-19.
We will continue to keep you updated.
With Oakland Love,
Nikki Fortunato Bas
Councilmember, City of Oakland, District 2
A much needed piece of legislation that requires our support.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Adam Schefter Told Dan Patrick His Aaron Rogers Story Draft Day Story Was Made Up, Not From The QB
- 415 20th Street Thomas Berkeley Building Should Be Live / Work To Add Housing In Oakland
- Carroll Fife, District 3 Oakland Councilmember, Talks Housing And Homeless Problems With Experts
- Mandela Station At West Oakland BART Shows New City In City
- Self-Service Buffets Return To Las Vegas Strip
- Dogecoin Cools After Week Of Dramatic Growth Ahead Of Elon Musk On SNL
- Oakland Police Department On Unsolved Homicide Of Henry Texada
- Oakland Police Captain Jones With Ceasefire, Captain Holmgren Talk Violent Crime
- Mass Vaccination Site at Oakland Coliseum Closing
- Leigh Steinberg Talks NFL Post 2021 Draft – Will COVID-19 Be The Same Problem As 2020?
- Carroll Fife Oakland District 3 Councilmember On Housing, Homelessness, and Reform
- This Bullying Oakland Mayor Schaaf Has Gone Too Far – Terrorizing Libby As Evil As Police Brutality
- SpaceX’s Starship SN15 Makes First Landing Without Exploding
- John Jones Has A Major Surprise For Oakland California Friends, Politicians
- Oakland Planning Commission Approved Giant 415 20th Skyscraper Ignores Homeless – Thomas Berkeley?
- Oakland Planning Commission Meets Livestream On 415 20th, The Tallest Building In Oakland, If Built
- Oakland And San Francisco Hire California Movers USA For Your Next Relocation
- 415 20th Street Will Be Oakland’s Tallest Building, Draw 3,800 Employees – Planning Commission Says It Has No Impact
- Oakland Lacrosse Club, Oakland Athletic League, OUSD Partner For Girls Lacrosse League
- Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow: The Futurism Of Walt Disney