Oakland, CA — Wedgewood today again urged the Moms 4 Housing group which is illegally in its home in Oakland at 2928 Magnolia St. to leave voluntarily and peacefully and encouraged them to accept the company’s offer of free temporary shelter and moving costs.
“We are disheartened to read in Tweets and posts about the Moms 4 Housing squatter’s group statement that rejected the company’s offer of temporary shelter for two months and moving costs to be paid for by Wedgewood to Catholic Charities of the East Bay to assist the women and their children who are illegally in the company’s home.
“We again encourage the women to accept this offer before eviction. As we have said all along, we respect what they are saying, but we cannot condone the theft of the company’s home. We hope they see that we continue to reach out and ask them to depart our home voluntarily and peacefully. That is in the best interest of all parties,” said Wedgewood spokesman Sam Singer.
The Moms 4 Housing group lost a court case Friday when a judge confirmed they have no valid claim to Wedgewood’s home. They face eviction by the Alameda County Sheriff’s Department in the coming days. The group broke in and has been in the home illegally since Nov. 18 last year.
Yesterday, in an effort to provide shelter and to move the Moms 4 Housing group’s belongings out of its home, Wedgewood offered to pay Catholic Charities to house them for the next two months so the mothers and their children can find new accommodations.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Downsizing Oakland Howard Terminal Ballpark Without Knowing About It Is Brainless
- Philippines Independence Day Saturday June 12th 2021: Eric Pangilinan Philippines Reaction
- French President Macron Says America Is Back During G7 Summit At Carbis Bay
- Oakland A’s Kaval, City Council’s Gallo, Alameda County’s Miley Muddle Howard Terminal Ballpark On KGO-TV
- 🔴OMG Vegas LIVE… You Won’t Believe it. Vegas is NORMAL AGAIN!!🚨
- 12-Year-Old Shot Confronting Catalytic Converter Thieves Outside Oakland Home
- Howard Terminal Ballpark: A Gift To Oakland And Its People – By Kevin M. Corbett
- Another Djokovic Vs Nadal Classic At 2021 French Open Nearly Marred By Curfew, But Loop-Hole Found
- Fayetteville Georgia Weather: Thunderstorm High Winds At 3:22 PM EST Friday June 11th
- Ayodele Nzinga: City Of Oakland Announces Inaugural Poet Laureate
- Oakland Black NFL Football Group Coliseum Stadium Proposal On July 20th City Council Agenda
- Nate Miley Alameda County Supervisor Holds Statewide Illegal Dumping Conference April 21, 2021
- Oakland Coliseum A’s Game Security Worker YouTube Vlog Shows Typical Day
- Trayvon Mullen Las Vegas Raiders Safety Needs To Step Up Says Eric Pangilinan For Zennie62
- Have You Ever Watched The Mars Live Webcam On YouTube? If Not You’re Missing The Future Now
- WATCH: Mars Cam Views from NASA Rover during Red Planet Exploration #Mars2020
- Trayvon Mullen Las Vegas Raiders Safety Needs To Step Up Says Eric Pangilinan
- Major League Baseball Doesn’t Care About Cheating In Sticky-Substance Controversy – Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders: Could Josh Jacob’s Be A Hold Out At Mini Camp – By Joseph Armendariz
- Kevin Durant Misses Three That Would Have Put Nets Vs Bucks Game 3 Into Overtime