Oakland – I cannot get over the fact the Mayor or her “handlers”, in her recent letter to supporters, attempted to coop the whole series of recent events Protests to dancing in the streets as if she guided, orchestrated them all and should be embraced as a unifier and praised for it. What was well intended communication missing the mark even the best writer could not spin the truth. 72 hours of Looting, mayhem, property destruction, and death. Remember, “Oakland is always here for your safe space to protest” cue tear gas and broken glass…
I know the Mayor well enough to know she does not intend harm, and well enough to know she is not willing or able to take responsibility. Her use of the word “fuck” at yesterday’s presser would have been refreshing but it was scripted & planned in advance, Her on camera apology the dead giveaway.
Her pledge to help small business falls short, as the system she has put in place is a labyrinth of numbers to call that are Kafkaesque hallways that lead to nothing but frustration and wasted time for small business owners who are still on the canvas from COVID-19 and a SIP with no end in sight.
I truly believe her administration has wandered off of the righteous path, virtue signaling and going where the wind blows and is starting to build a track record that history will record as one of deception;
• The soda tax
• Measure AA
• Removing Oakland representation from BAAQMD,
• Revolving door of police chiefs,
• Saying Oakland had a shovel ready fully financed option for the Raiders…when we all know this not to be true.
• Sure, the warriors won NBA titles, she rode the snail car, and even has the ring to show for it then they left the town…
This Mayor got to preside over the best economy Oakland has ever seen. But where did the budget surplus go year after year? Did she advance local hire, reentry programs?
We did get bike friendly streets…she has worked on transitional housing, regional frame work for addressing homelessness and closing the digital divide.
I think she wanted to do good. I have supported many of her actions and want to believe in Oakland.
Our politicians are not above the law and need to embrace humility of the current situation and not have a voice. It is time for that class to listen!
No more words of your faith. Just show us action, deeds, and good works. Politics is an unforgiving system that will not relent.
I pray for her and our city, I hope she and others just admit that without each other, the collaboration of the city council, our leaders in a multitude of movements, our city goes nowhere. No one is perfect, she is no exception and should not be solely to blame, we all need to shoulder responsibility and do our part.
Has the systematic destruction of local media has failed us by pushing the narrative that suits their agenda and not calling balls and strikes, failing to report facts.
This letter is part of my healing process perhaps it is selfish, but for the wound to heal the venom must be drawn from the bite.
This is from Phil Tagami’s Facebook page entry of Saturday, June 6th, 2020
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Democrats’ Billionaire Tax Plan Puts About 700 People in Its Sights October 27, 2021
- Texas man could win $35.6 million if Astros win World Series October 27, 2021
- Blake Swished A Clean Over The Head Shot After The Whistle 😂 October 27, 2021
- NFL Trade Deadline: will the New England Patriots “Buy or Sell”? October 27, 2021
- GOP’s Execution System Halted In Oklahoma October 27, 2021
- Keke Palmer Says She Honored Ancestors Singing National Anthem At World Series | TMZ Sports October 27, 2021
- Brazil’s Bolsonaro could be charged for mishandling the pandemic October 27, 2021
- Nikita Dragun Wants To Educate Dave Chappelle On Transgender Community | TMZ October 27, 2021
- Look ahead to game 2 of the World Series October 27, 2021
- Deshaun Watson Trade To Miami DONE? Latest Dolphins Rumors On Acquiring The Franchise QB + Tua Talk October 27, 2021
- Law enforcement prepares to keep World Series crowds safe October 27, 2021
- World Series 2021 – Game 1 – National Anthem – Sang by Keke Palmer October 27, 2021
- Blake Griffin Does a H-O-R-S-E Shot after a call 😎 October 27, 2021
- ‘Wing-Nut Racism’: Howard Dean Crushes Ted Cruz October 27, 2021
- NFL refuses to release report on investigation of Washington Football Team October 27, 2021
- Calif. Urges Eligible Residents to Get COVID-19 Booster Shot as Holiday Season Nears October 27, 2021
- A happy rescue | Simba the lion finally home where he belongs October 27, 2021
- Call of Duty: Vanguard File Size Revealed | GameSpot News October 27, 2021
- Pat Beverley Gets Called for the New Rule Offensive Foul, Gives a Thumbs Up 👍 October 27, 2021
- JAY-Z Almost Spilled his Drink after BLAKE GRIFFIN DUNK 😂 October 27, 2021
- Travis d’Arnaud goes deep! Puts the Braves on the board in Game 2! October 27, 2021
- The soaring cost of inflation October 27, 2021
- Extreme weather events highlight U.S.’s failing infrastructure October 27, 2021
- 2021 World Series pits bitter Atlanta Braves against reviled Houston Astros October 27, 2021
- Event Marks Beginning of 100-Day Countdown to 2022 Beijing Olympics October 27, 2021
- San Diego Democratic Party pushes to ban state-sponsored horse racing October 27, 2021
- Group Helps Breast Cancer Survivors Find Adventure, Community And Inspiration October 27, 2021
- Raiders News : Raiders Trade For DT/DE Michael Brockers? October 27, 2021
- Gas prices continue to climb October 27, 2021
- Meet Alysa Liu: 16-Year-Old Olympic Figure Skating Hopeful From the Bay Area October 27, 2021
- British-Iranian woman faces more prison time in Tehran October 27, 2021
- NFL PICKS: Green Bay Packers vs Arizona Cardinals | 🏈 NFL Best Bets | NFL Picks Today October 27, 2021
- Bradley Beal Blows Wide Open Layup Twice – Shaqtin’ A Fool Moment October 27, 2021
- Bay Area Forecast: Great Thursday; More Rain Ahead October 27, 2021
- Authorities Identify Suspect Accused of Stabbing Good Samaritan in San Francisco October 27, 2021
- Top Democrats say a deal on Biden’s social spending plan is imminent, but roadblocks remain October 27, 2021
- California’s unemployment fraud climbs to $20 billion October 27, 2021
- COP26: What to expect at the upcoming U.N. climate summit October 27, 2021
- Santa Fe County Sheriff says Baldwin fired ‘suspected live round’ on ‘Rust’ set October 27, 2021
- Car shortage causes major increase in auto theft October 27, 2021