Oakland – I cannot get over the fact the Mayor or her “handlers”, in her recent letter to supporters, attempted to coop the whole series of recent events Protests to dancing in the streets as if she guided, orchestrated them all and should be embraced as a unifier and praised for it. What was well intended communication missing the mark even the best writer could not spin the truth. 72 hours of Looting, mayhem, property destruction, and death. Remember, “Oakland is always here for your safe space to protest” cue tear gas and broken glass…
I know the Mayor well enough to know she does not intend harm, and well enough to know she is not willing or able to take responsibility. Her use of the word “fuck” at yesterday’s presser would have been refreshing but it was scripted & planned in advance, Her on camera apology the dead giveaway.
Her pledge to help small business falls short, as the system she has put in place is a labyrinth of numbers to call that are Kafkaesque hallways that lead to nothing but frustration and wasted time for small business owners who are still on the canvas from COVID-19 and a SIP with no end in sight.
I truly believe her administration has wandered off of the righteous path, virtue signaling and going where the wind blows and is starting to build a track record that history will record as one of deception;
• The soda tax
• Measure AA
• Removing Oakland representation from BAAQMD,
• Revolving door of police chiefs,
• Saying Oakland had a shovel ready fully financed option for the Raiders…when we all know this not to be true.
• Sure, the warriors won NBA titles, she rode the snail car, and even has the ring to show for it then they left the town…
This Mayor got to preside over the best economy Oakland has ever seen. But where did the budget surplus go year after year? Did she advance local hire, reentry programs?
We did get bike friendly streets…she has worked on transitional housing, regional frame work for addressing homelessness and closing the digital divide.
I think she wanted to do good. I have supported many of her actions and want to believe in Oakland.
Our politicians are not above the law and need to embrace humility of the current situation and not have a voice. It is time for that class to listen!
No more words of your faith. Just show us action, deeds, and good works. Politics is an unforgiving system that will not relent.
I pray for her and our city, I hope she and others just admit that without each other, the collaboration of the city council, our leaders in a multitude of movements, our city goes nowhere. No one is perfect, she is no exception and should not be solely to blame, we all need to shoulder responsibility and do our part.
Has the systematic destruction of local media has failed us by pushing the narrative that suits their agenda and not calling balls and strikes, failing to report facts.
This letter is part of my healing process perhaps it is selfish, but for the wound to heal the venom must be drawn from the bite.
This is from Phil Tagami’s Facebook page entry of Saturday, June 6th, 2020
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Fata Fut News: Today Top Trending News | 11 AM | 9 May 2021 – TV9
- New Trending Instagram Reels Videos | All Famous TikTok Star | Today Viral Insta Reels | Insta Reels
- Mount Zion Oakland Mother’s Day Church Service 2021
- Home For Sale At 9124 Lawlor St Oakland, CA
- Medina Sprit Had Steroids, May Lose Kentucky Derby Win, Trainer Bob Baffert Banned
- Jarrett Stidham Vs Mac Jones For Backup To Cam Newton In Auburn Vs Alabama Clash Of Patriots QBs
- Elon Musk Talks About Dogecoin On SNL Weekend Update But Will Market Respond?
- Elon Musk SNL Host – Dogefather Musk On Saturday Night Live Real-Time Reaction Livestream
- Nancy Sidebotham Is Running For Mayor Of Oakland In 2022 Mayoral Election – Will Talk Live May 10th
- Bay Area Transparency Vlog: Homeless Man Saved From Police In Fremont, Ca
- Teenager Knows His Rights! Bay Area Transparency Shoutout
- San Francisco California On A Rainy Day
- Hines 410 20th Street’s Paul Paradis Called Thomas Berkley, Oakland Post Publisher, Politician. No
- Elihu Harris: Who Is Former Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris? A Corrected Biography
- Crash On 8th And Henry, In West Oakland, April 24, 2021
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Port of Oakland Feature: Voices Of Key Stakeholders
- Ms Talmera Richardson speaks at OUSD Board Meeting 2/24/21
- Tampa Bay Rays vs Oakland Athletics Highlights May 7, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Ford F250 on Forgiatos in Oakland California
- 2020 Ford Mustang GT Coupe Hayward Newark San Jose Oakland Pleasanton Union City