OAKLAND – Mayor Libby Schaaf invites Oakland residents to join her in celebrating Oakland’s diversity, culture, and community to mark the beginning of her second term as the city’s mayor.
“Inauguration week presents a unique moment for Oaklanders to turn toward one another to show our city’s values and celebrate our secret sauce,” said Mayor Libby Schaaf. “In addition to an Inaugural Gala to raise critical funds for our signature initiatives The Oakland Promise and Keep Oakland Housed, our vision for this week is to hold events that are inclusive, artistic and reflect the values, ideas, and cultures we all cherish.”
The week of events kicks off on Monday, January 7 at 11:00 with the traditional swearing-in ceremony for the Mayor, City Auditor, three new City Councilmembers, and Oakland Unified School District School Directors in the council chamber at Oakland City Hall. In the days following, Mayor Schaaf welcomes residents to join her for a series of inaugural events, which will include an Inaugural Gala on Friday, January 11, culminating with a free, fun filled, family-friendly celebration of Oakland Arts on Saturday, January 12.
Schedule of Public Inaugural Celebrations
· Monday, January 7, 11:00 AM
City of Oakland Oath of Office Ceremony Swearing in Mayor Libby Schaaf, City Auditor Courtney Ruby, Councilmembers Nikki Fortunato Bas, Sheng Thao, and Loren Taylor, and School Board Members Aimee Eng, Gary Yee and Shanti Gonzales.
Location: Council Chamber, Oakland City Hall, 1 Frank Ogawa Plaza, 3rd Floor
Free and open to the public, but space is extremely limited and available only on a first-come basis.
· Friday, January 11, 7:00 PM – Midnight
Mayor’s Inaugural Gala
Dinner to benefit The Oakland Promise, which aims to ensure every child in Oakland graduates high school with the expectations, resources, and skills to complete college and be successful in the career of his or her choice. Tickets for this event can be purchased here.
Location: The Fox Theater, 1807 Telegraph Avenue, Oakland, CA, 94612
Dance Party to benefit Keep Oakland Housed, a homeless prevention program committed to keeping Oakland residents from losing their housing by providing legal representation, emergency financial assistance, and supportive services. Tickets for this event can be purchased here. Early bird general admission $30.
Location: Party Tent at 19th Street at Telegraph 7:30 – 11pm AND
The Fox Theater, 1807 Telegraph Avenue 9pm – midnight
· Saturday, January 12, 1:00-5:00PM
Celebrate Oakland Arts! (see attached event flyer)
Celebrate Oakland Arts! is a free, fun-filled community festival for the entire family.
The event will include Live music and dance performances by a host of artists including Samba Funk!, Destiny Muhammad Trio, Dance-A-Vision, Diamano Coura, Axis Dance Company, Kinetic Arts Center, as well as spoken word performances by local poets, including Oakland’s own youth poet laureate Leila Mottley (a student from Oakland School for the Arts).
There will also be interactive family games and attractions courtesy of Studio One, the Golden State Warriors, the Oakland Athletics, Pollinator Posse, Children’s Fairyland and Attitudinal Healing Center.
Keeping with the week’s trend of celebrating Oakland artists, makers and culture shapers, the event with include food and libations from a range of locally owned and operated food trucks, breweries, and merchants, hosted by Oakland Grown.
For more information on these events, click here: https://www.celebrateoakland.com/
LET ZENNIE62MEDIA TELL YOUR STORY
Let ZENNIE62MEDIA Tell The Story About You The Media Refuses To Produce. Visit our site and hire Zennie62Media.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In RelocationTalks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick
- City Of Oakland Eviction Moratorium Not Impacted By Federal Ruling
- RaceTrac Fayetteville Ga Gas Pumps Out Of Gas Except Diesel Due To Cyberattack
- 2021 NFL Schedule Revealed On NFL Network’s Schedule Release 21 Show
- NFL Gives Nine Social Justice Programs $2.5 Million
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back With Bike Oakland: Bancroft And International
- Rockets Kill 2 Israelis, Airstrikes Kill 28 In Gaza | MSNBC
- Crocker Highlands Mid-Century, Oakland, CA, 94610
- Violent Israeli-Palestinian Unrest Kills At Least 33 | The 11th Hour
- MLB tells Oakland A’s to start exploring other cities
- Team Coverage: Major League Baseball Greenlights Oakland A’s To Consider Relocating
- Talk’s Las Vegas Athletics For Oakland A’s Relocation But Portland Has 50K Signatures For MLB Ballpark
- Rep Liz Chaney Speech On House Floor On Eve Of Vote To Oust Her From House GOP Leadership
- Las Vegas Raiders New Number Changers For 2021 Season. By Joseph Armendariz
- May 11, 2021
- Livestream: Blame To Go Around In Oakland A’s Relocation Threat? Start With Oakland Athletics
- MLB Ask Oakland Athletics To Threaten Relocation – Oakland City Council’s Progressive Wing Steps In
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021