Freedom From Facebook to Protest Mark Zuckerberg Appearance at Financial Services Committee Hearing. Signs will read: “Reclaiming Our Time! Facebook Breaks Democracy. Break Up Facebook”
Washington, DC — Today, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg will appear as the sole witness at a Financial Services Committee hearing focused on Facebook’s latest plan to grow their monopoly by building their own financial system. The hearing comes as Zuckerberg continues to take no meaningful action to address the harms Facebook causes to our democracy including his incredibly ironic ‘Free Speech’ event at Georgetown University last Thursday – which we also protested.
“Libra is just one more way that Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook will snake their way into and exploit consumers’ personal data and privacy,” said Freedom From Facebook Co-Char Sarah Miller. “Facebook already can’t be trusted and certainly can’t be allowed to stick their hands into your wallet while letting criminals and money launderers flourish for profit.”
With a flood of companies already abandoning Libra it should be a no-brainer for Congress and the relevant agencies to put an end to this dangerous idea before Facebook does to the global banking system what it has done to users’ privacy.
To highlight the insanity of Facebook’s monopoly creating a currency, Freedom from Facebook will protest at the hearing, holding signs, pictured below, which will read, “Reclaiming Our Time! Facebook Breaks Democracy. Break Up Facebook.”
Note: the above entry is based on a press release Freedom From Facebook sent to Zennie62Media. Minor adjustments and changes in it were made by Zennie62Media only to enhance search engine optimization.
Zennie62Media does provide a service of press release SEO adjustment and distribution. For more information, email [email protected].
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Rombauer Upsets Medina Sprit Comes From Behind To Win The Preakness Stakes – Race Real Time Reaction
- SF Bay Area White “Journalists” Can’t Stand Black Oakland Blogger With His Own Opinion
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Pushes Coliseum Ballpark With Flooding Future
- Let’s Meet. For Real. Meet In Oakland (full video)
- Base Camp 2021 Kick Off Hype Video
- 2021 Honda CR-V EX 2WD Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 4553
- Oakland Police Investigate After Elderly Man Attacked
- POOLE PARTY! Jordan Splashes Home 38 Points in Warriors’ Win | May 14, 2021
- Warriors Talk: Jordan Poole on his 38-Point Night vs. Pelicans – May 14, 2021
- Taj Tashombe, Oakland A’s VP Of Gov Affairs Is NAACP 2021 Black Male Achievement Award Winner
- Tony Buzbee Did Approach Deshaun Watson Reps For $100K Settlement Contrary To Recent Claims
- Oakland Fire Department Sends 3,000 Baby Goats Out As News To Distract From Oakland A’s Relocation
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Accused Of Fraud By Local Atlanta TV Station WSB-TV
- dat Krunchy Couple: Trader Joe’s Snack Haul
- Oakland City Council Leaders Email To Rob Manfred MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Relocation
- Pyro’s Pastrami Jack London Square Is Oakland’s Best Kept Secret
- 1100 Himself on The Meaning Behind The Word “Hyphy” + Explains Oakland Slang. PT.2
- Rose Haze | Oakland Band | Live Performance at Balanced Breakfast’s Showcase | SxSW 2021
- 2421 67th Avenue Oakland, CA | ColdwellBankerHomes.com
- Bike Oakland & Piedmont: Around Mountain View Cemetery