Today, Maria Ayerdi Kaplan’s Salesforce Transit Center Security Plan features a secret right under your feet.
As Transbay Joint Powers Authority Executive Director, Maria Ayerdi Kaplan placed a premium on security after the horrible events of September 11th, 2001. The objective was to make the giant building able to sustain a terrorist attack.
Part of the plan is under the feet of people who walk by and under Salesforce Transit Center: panels marked with yellow and black stripes to stop vehicle and bus entry into the complex.
In an emergency, the panels rise up and become barricades to the Transit Center. When activated, the thick metal panels rise to a height of six feet, and form a formidable barrier to any kind of vehicle that would try to enter the Transit Center.
In normal operation the panels seem to be a pathway, but a security official told me they would prefer that patrons walk on the white stripe walkway that’s closer to the Transit Center itself. “People think that’s the way to walk, but it’s not the right path,” a security officer told me, “that is,” he said, pointing to the white stripe walkway.
Read more about Salesforce Transit Center and the need for a beefed up security plan here: “Maria Ayerdi Kaplan Explains Need For Salesforce Transit Center Security Upgrade.”
Oakland News Now Note: this post demonstrates “Vlog News Now”: the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental mobile media video-blogging system network that’s part of a new approach to the production of media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 onYouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and social media pages. The objective is real-time on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. We are constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021
- Ben Barlett Berkeley Councilmember Meetings On Traffic, Fire Safety This Week
- Ultra Black News | Ahmed Muhammad | Oakland Tech’s First Black Male Valedictorian
- Asian American Attacks: Couple Dragged In Brazen Parking Lot Robbery In Oakland
- 5 7 2021 Auto Accident Hit N Run Oakland East 14th & 2nd
- Zennie62 YouTube At 2008 DNC Convention, United Airlines Flight To Denver, Meeting Ashley Wolfe Long
- Kenny Mayne: ESPN Tried To Keep Kenny Mayne For Less But He Said No – No Tears Here
- Andrew Peterson Oakland CIO Gets Harari Conscious Leadership And Social Innovation Award
- Oakland Councilmember Sheng Thao And Oakland Mutual Aid Collective Will Distribute PPE Kits To Students May 11th
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am
- Sharing The Beauty Of Lake Merritt, Oakland, California – Mothers Day 2021
- Mothers Day Drum Circle – Lake Merritt, Oakland, California, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Alameda, Bay Farm, and 66th Ave
- Port of Oakland Trade Boom: Wan Hai Lines Connects U.S. And Asia In 2021
- Oakland City Budget Forgets Cybersecurity As USA’s Largest Pipeline Gets Ransomwared