ONN – Maria Ayerdi Kaplan Salesforce Transit Center Temporary Closure Update As Of May 10 2019
UPDATE ON TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF SALESFORCE TRANSIT CENTER
AC Transit Representative
SF Board of Supervisors Representative
California High Speed Rail Authority Representative
SF Municipal Transportation Agency Representative
SF Board of Supervisors Representative
Tony Tavares, ex officio State Department of Transportation (Caltrans) Representative
This is an update on the progress of repairs during the temporary closure of Salesforce Transit Center. The Transit Center was built by the Transbay Joint Powers Authority, which was created by Maria Ayerdi Kaplan.
• The repair and reinforcement at Salesforce Transit Center are complete.
• Shoring has been removed from Fremont and First streets and all lanes are restored
to their original condition.
• Nighttime street closures will continue throughout May to restore lights, MUNI
overhead lines, and to reinstall ceiling panels.
• Throughout May, the building will be recommissioned, an intensive quality
assurance process that includes retesting and re-inspecting fire and life safety systems throughout the facility, retesting the building’s mechanical elements, such as elevators, escalators, and HVAC systems and retesting the electrical elements of the building. The San Francisco Fire Department, Department of Building Inspection and others are providing independent oversight.
• The independent Peer Review experts empaneled by the Metropolitan Transportation Commission continue their review. No issues, to date, found.
• A reopening date will be announced after the independent review panel concludes their review.
The Transbay Joint Powers Authority (TJPA), owner and operator of the Salesforce Transit Center, temporarily closed the facility in September 2018 as a precaution after workers discovered fissures in two steel beams on the bus deck above Fremont Street. The TJPA is fully cooperating with an ongoing independent review by the Metropolitan Transportation Commission called for by Mayor London Breed and Mayor Libby Schaaf. Transit agencies are providing bus service out of the Temporary Terminal at Howard and Main streets. Commuters may contact their bus operator or call 511 for transit information.
Oakland News Now Note: this post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network – part of a new approach to the production of media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and social media pages. The objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. We are constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Coming Out Of Retirement- By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Derek Carr Supports Teammate Carl Nassib – By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Receiver John Brown Building Chemistry With QB Derek Carr
- John McAfee, Who Ran For President vs Donald Trump In 2015, Died In Spanish Prison
- Loki Lamentis Review Recap – By Jessica Dwyer
- Loki Episode 3: Does The Ark Reference Have Symbolic Meaning To Noah’s Ark? By Joseph Armendariz
- 2412 Kingsland Ave Oakland, CA 94601
- Bike Oakland/Alameda: Bay Trail & Bay Farm Island
- Oakland City Budget 2021-23: Oakland City Council President Bas Presents Amendments
- 2020 USWNT U.S. Olympics Women’s Soccer Team Announced June 23 2021
- IKEA in Atlanta Under Fire For Juneteenth Celebration Menu By Joseph Armendariz
- Loki Is Bisexual Says Director Kate Herron – But What Would Thor Say About That?
- My Cryptocurrency Portfolio Is Up Today, June 23 2021; Changed Its Composition. What Works For You?
- Howard Terminal Oakland Ballpark Project Clearing Up Errors In Reporting Regarding TIF, SB293 Skinner
- Loki Episode 3. Did This Episode Fail To Deliver? By Joseph Armendariz
- Kathleen Matz Takes Issue With My Oakland Juneteeth Shooting Vlog, Reflects A Basic Racial Problem
- The Race To Become New York Mayor- By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Top Draft Picks Continue To Shine In Training Camp – By Eric Pangilinan
- New York City Mayoral Primary Puts Spotlight On Ranked-Choice Voting
- Downtown Berkeley BART Station
Oakland News Now Archives
- Dynamic Group to break ground on 16-unit AD facility – Bioenergy Insight Magazine
- Dutch wood pellet imports reached new high in 2020 – Bioenergy Insight Magazine
- Oakland City Council Members Join Vigil in Honor of Victims of Juneteenth Shooting – NBC Bay Area – California News Times
- Crowd gathers at Lake Merritt to mourn 22-year-old man killed in mass shooting – San Francisco Chronicle
- Bishop Barber of Oakland: Unmasked Massgoers Should Not Be ‘Policed’ – National Catholic Register
- Juneteenth Celebration at Lake Merritt in Oakland, Calif. – The Pioneer
- Athletics race to large, early lead, defeat Rangers 13-6 – Associated Press
- List of possible A’s ballpark sites grows, 3rd Las Vegas trip planned – Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Bay Briefing: Where Bay Area small businesses got help — and where they didn’t – San Francisco Chronicle
- Oakland crowd twerks on ambulance, blocks responders after deadly shooting – Fox News