ONN – Maria Ayerdi Kaplan Salesforce Transit Center Temporary Closure Update As Of May 10 2019
UPDATE ON TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF SALESFORCE TRANSIT CENTER
AC Transit Representative
SF Board of Supervisors Representative
California High Speed Rail Authority Representative
SF Municipal Transportation Agency Representative
SF Board of Supervisors Representative
Tony Tavares, ex officio State Department of Transportation (Caltrans) Representative
This is an update on the progress of repairs during the temporary closure of Salesforce Transit Center. The Transit Center was built by the Transbay Joint Powers Authority, which was created by Maria Ayerdi Kaplan.
• The repair and reinforcement at Salesforce Transit Center are complete.
• Shoring has been removed from Fremont and First streets and all lanes are restored
to their original condition.
• Nighttime street closures will continue throughout May to restore lights, MUNI
overhead lines, and to reinstall ceiling panels.
• Throughout May, the building will be recommissioned, an intensive quality
assurance process that includes retesting and re-inspecting fire and life safety systems throughout the facility, retesting the building’s mechanical elements, such as elevators, escalators, and HVAC systems and retesting the electrical elements of the building. The San Francisco Fire Department, Department of Building Inspection and others are providing independent oversight.
• The independent Peer Review experts empaneled by the Metropolitan Transportation Commission continue their review. No issues, to date, found.
• A reopening date will be announced after the independent review panel concludes their review.
The Transbay Joint Powers Authority (TJPA), owner and operator of the Salesforce Transit Center, temporarily closed the facility in September 2018 as a precaution after workers discovered fissures in two steel beams on the bus deck above Fremont Street. The TJPA is fully cooperating with an ongoing independent review by the Metropolitan Transportation Commission called for by Mayor London Breed and Mayor Libby Schaaf. Transit agencies are providing bus service out of the Temporary Terminal at Howard and Main streets. Commuters may contact their bus operator or call 511 for transit information.
Oakland News Now Note: this post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network – part of a new approach to the production of media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and social media pages. The objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. We are constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Weapons Safety Expert Looks At Safety Protocols And Alec Baldwin Movie Set Shooting October 23, 2021
- Lakers Postgame: LeBron James & Anthony Davis (10/22/21) October 23, 2021
- Bay Area Gearing Up for COVID-Safe Halloween Celebrations October 23, 2021
- LIVE SPORTS TALK! NFL week 7 preview, MLB Playoffs, a BIG career announcement, plus Nick Sharara! October 23, 2021
- Bay Area Bracing for Atmospheric River This Weekend October 23, 2021
- NBA Top 10 Plays Of The Night | October 22, 2021 October 23, 2021
- Lakers Postgame: Austin Reaves (10/22/21) October 23, 2021
- Peter Scolari, Emmy-Winning Actor From ‘Bosom Buddies’ Dies at 66 | THR News October 23, 2021
- Peter Scolari, Emmy-Winning Actor Known for ‘Girls’ and ‘Bosom Buddies’ Is Dead at 66 | PEOPLE October 23, 2021
- Alec Baldwin Fired Prop Gun That Killed Photography Director on ‘Rust’ Set October 23, 2021
- Andy Lopez’ family say they never saw justice for son killed by deputy October 23, 2021
- Exclusive: Former spy Christopher Steele warns that ‘Russian hostility is growing’ October 23, 2021
- 10/22/21 Free NBA Pick and Prediction NBA Betting Tips & Odds Aftermath 4K October 23, 2021
- Actual Audit Finds Wisconsin 2020 Election Was ‘Safe And Secure’ October 23, 2021
- FREE Sports Betting Picks October 23, 2021| Free NBA Picks Today| NBA Predictions| NBA Picks Tonight October 23, 2021
- Lakers Postgame: Frank Vogel (10/22/21) October 23, 2021
- Greta Thunberg to COP26 Climate Leaders: ‘We Are Watching’ October 23, 2021
- EAGLES vs RAIDERS NFL Picks and Predictions (Week 7) | NFL Free Picks Today October 23, 2021
- Anthony Davis & LeBron James Postgame Interview – Suns vs Lakers | 2021-22 NBA Season October 23, 2021
- Bill Carroll’s Saturday Superlatives WRs Week 5 Drake London, Jaquarii Roberson, Luuan Winningham October 23, 2021
- Trump’s ‘Coup Lawyer’ Eastman Disavows Infamous Memo October 23, 2021
- GOP Election Fraud Hype Collapses As Figurehead Is Charged With Voter Fraud October 23, 2021
- Arsenal v. Aston Villa | PREMIER LEAGUE HIGHLIGHTS | 10/22/2021 | NBC Sports October 23, 2021
- Dwight Howard on Courtside Spat With Anthony Davis October 23, 2021
- HIGHLIGHTS | LeBron James (25 pts, 5 ast) vs Phoenix Suns October 23, 2021
- HIGHLIGHTS | Anthony Davis (22 pts, 14 reb) vs Phoenix Suns October 23, 2021
- Portland Trail Blazers vs Phoenix Suns 10/23/21 Free NBA Pick and Prediction NBA Betting Tips October 23, 2021
- SPURS at NUGGETS | FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS | October 22, 2021 October 23, 2021
- Black Panther Party 55th anniversary October 23, 2021
- San Jose community service officer arrested for alt-right social media posts October 23, 2021
- LeBron Jams 25 PTS 5 AST Full Highlights vs Suns – October 22, 2021 October 23, 2021
- Red Sox vs. Astros ALCS Game 6 Highlights (10/22/21) | MLB Highlights October 23, 2021
- Chris Paul Double-Double 23 PTS 14 AST Full Highlights vs Lakers 🔥 October 23, 2021
- Dave Chappelle to come to Chase Center amid controversy October 23, 2021
- JAZZ at KINGS | FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS | October 22, 2021 October 23, 2021