Maria Ayerdi-Kaplan, Salesforce Transit Center Developer and (now former) Executive Director of the Transbay Joint Powers Authority, applauded the designation of Phase 2 of the Transit Center Project as a priority by two key government associations in 2012. This retrospective is part of the Oakland News Now series on Maria Ayerdi-Kaplan’s work to build what is now called Salesforce Transit Center.
On Thursday, May 21, 2012, the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) and the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) jointly approved the draft Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) that designates the Downtown Caltrain Extension (DTX), Phase 2 of the Transbay Transit Center project, as a regional priority for the federal “New Starts” program.
“New Starts” was the federal government’s primary financial resource for supporting this type of transit capital investment. As a regional priority for New Starts, the Transit Center project began working with the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) towards a Full Funding Grant Agreement that would allow for construction of the DTX.
Maria Ayerdi Kaplan Said The MTC / ABAG Designation Was Major Step Forward For Transit Center
At the announcement Maria Ayerdi Kaplan said “This designation is a major step forward for our project. The draft RTP includes a detailed plan to fully fund the DTX. We are thankful that MTC and ABAG have recognized the importance of this project, and we look forward to working with DOT and our regional partners to move forward with implementation.”
Kaplan continued “This extension of Caltrain into the heart of downtown San Francisco will be a major driver of economic growth for the city and region, when it happens. Between now and the year 2035, approximately 17 percent of San Francisco’s projected job growth will occur in the area surrounding the new Salesforce Transit Center. This represents the fastest projected job growth in the San Francisco. The connectivity provided by the DTX will maximize this job growth potential by connecting downtown San Francisco with employers and residents throughout the peninsula and Silicon Valley.”
Maria Ayerdi-Kaplan, Developer Of Salesforce Transit Center: Part Six Of Her Story as told to Zennie62Media. > Part One > Part Two > Part Three > Part Four > Part Five > Part Six > Part Seven > Part Eight.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Councilmember Sheng Thao And Oakland Mutual Aid Collective Will Distribute PPE Kits To Students May 11th
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am
- Sharing The Beauty Of Lake Merritt, Oakland, California – Mothers Day 2021
- Mothers Day Drum Circle – Lake Merritt, Oakland, California, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Alameda, Bay Farm, and 66th Ave
- Port of Oakland Trade Boom: Wan Hai Lines Connects U.S. And Asia In 2021
- Oakland City Budget Forgets Cybersecurity As USA’s Largest Pipeline Gets Ransomwared
- Oakland City Council President Nikki Fortunato Bas On Mayor Schaaf’s Budget
- Oakland Adams Point Apartment Target Of Would Be Robber Caught-On-Camera Mother’s Day Evening
- Elon Musk Wario – Wario Is Elon Musk On SNL And Vinny Lospinuso Shares His Vlog Thoughts
- Star Trek’s Lt. Uhura Nichelle Nichols On Meeting President Obama
- Happy Mother’s Day, Today, Everyone! Enjoy Your Mom!
- Grand Lake Theater Marquee In Oakland Says Wait Almost Over, Reopens Late May 2021
- Fata Fut News: Today Top Trending News | 11 AM | 9 May 2021 – TV9
- New Trending Instagram Reels Videos | All Famous TikTok Star | Today Viral Insta Reels | Insta Reels
- Mount Zion Oakland Mother’s Day Church Service 2021