Maria Ayerdi-Kaplan, Salesforce Transit Center Developer and (now former) Executive Director of the Transbay Joint Powers Authority, applauded the designation of Phase 2 of the Transit Center Project as a priority by two key government associations in 2012. This retrospective is part of the Oakland News Now series on Maria Ayerdi-Kaplan’s work to build what is now called Salesforce Transit Center.
On Thursday, May 21, 2012, the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) and the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) jointly approved the draft Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) that designates the Downtown Caltrain Extension (DTX), Phase 2 of the Transbay Transit Center project, as a regional priority for the federal “New Starts” program.
“New Starts” was the federal government’s primary financial resource for supporting this type of transit capital investment. As a regional priority for New Starts, the Transit Center project began working with the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) towards a Full Funding Grant Agreement that would allow for construction of the DTX.
Maria Ayerdi Kaplan Said The MTC / ABAG Designation Was Major Step Forward For Transit Center
At the announcement Maria Ayerdi Kaplan said “This designation is a major step forward for our project. The draft RTP includes a detailed plan to fully fund the DTX. We are thankful that MTC and ABAG have recognized the importance of this project, and we look forward to working with DOT and our regional partners to move forward with implementation.”
Kaplan continued “This extension of Caltrain into the heart of downtown San Francisco will be a major driver of economic growth for the city and region, when it happens. Between now and the year 2035, approximately 17 percent of San Francisco’s projected job growth will occur in the area surrounding the new Salesforce Transit Center. This represents the fastest projected job growth in the San Francisco. The connectivity provided by the DTX will maximize this job growth potential by connecting downtown San Francisco with employers and residents throughout the peninsula and Silicon Valley.”
Maria Ayerdi-Kaplan, Developer Of Salesforce Transit Center: Part Six Of Her Story as told to Zennie62Media. > Part One > Part Two > Part Three > Part Four > Part Five > Part Six > Part Seven > Part Eight.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Fata Fut News: Today Top Trending News | 11 AM | 9 May 2021 – TV9
- New Trending Instagram Reels Videos | All Famous TikTok Star | Today Viral Insta Reels | Insta Reels
- Mount Zion Oakland Mother’s Day Church Service 2021
- Home For Sale At 9124 Lawlor St Oakland, CA
- Medina Sprit Had Steroids, May Lose Kentucky Derby Win, Trainer Bob Baffert Banned
- Jarrett Stidham Vs Mac Jones For Backup To Cam Newton In Auburn Vs Alabama Clash Of Patriots QBs
- Elon Musk Talks About Dogecoin On SNL Weekend Update But Will Market Respond?
- Elon Musk SNL Host – Dogefather Musk On Saturday Night Live Real-Time Reaction Livestream
- Nancy Sidebotham Is Running For Mayor Of Oakland In 2022 Mayoral Election – Will Talk Live May 10th
- Bay Area Transparency Vlog: Homeless Man Saved From Police In Fremont, Ca
- Teenager Knows His Rights! Bay Area Transparency Shoutout
- San Francisco California On A Rainy Day
- Hines 410 20th Street’s Paul Paradis Called Thomas Berkley, Oakland Post Publisher, Politician. No
- Elihu Harris: Who Is Former Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris? A Corrected Biography
- Crash On 8th And Henry, In West Oakland, April 24, 2021
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Port of Oakland Feature: Voices Of Key Stakeholders
- Ms Talmera Richardson speaks at OUSD Board Meeting 2/24/21
- Tampa Bay Rays vs Oakland Athletics Highlights May 7, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Ford F250 on Forgiatos in Oakland California
- 2020 Ford Mustang GT Coupe Hayward Newark San Jose Oakland Pleasanton Union City