ONN – Many Facebook Users Don’t Understand Online Media, Reach For A 20th Century White Supremacist Model – video by the YouTube channel in the video’s upper left hand corner.
Many Facebook Users Don’t Understand Online Media, Reach For A 20th Century White Supremacist Model
Facebook Users, and not just in Oakland (but this post was triggered by a rather ridiculous set of comments) do not understand online media and are wont to ask for what really is a white supremacist style from the 20th Century. There, I said it.
What happens is the Facebook User I have encountered will not really watch a video on another platform; they basically guess at what it is. So, then, they assume you made the video, rather than what happens in my platform, where simply liking a YouTube video starts a chain of events that lasts a few seconds and that leads to a blog post on OaklandNewsNow.com
Now, the video in question was from someone who was at Lake Merritt; I was interested in what the person was showing and did not care one bit about the title of the video. But the Facebook User only cared about the title, and assumed I wrote it, where it read “chaos”. Well, admittedly, I disagreed with that myself, but it was not a deal-breaker for me. The video was full of news-worthy images. Generally, experienced video viewers will watch a video and draw their own story from it. That’s the idea. It’s not for me to tell the viewer how to think.
That’s, in part, what I mean by white supremacist media. What I mean, overall, is the person wants a text-based account of something, and in an authority-voice that’s what they call “objective” – no such thing. They also call that journalism. The kind of media production called American Journalism today emerged during World War II. The problem is that it removes care about the horrors of civil rights violations, and can give voice to a white supremacist view just by saying “we need to hear both sides”, when one side is really just criminal.
So, look, if you see a post on Facebook that looks like it came from a blog, click on it’s title, you will learn something. And if it has a YouTube video, watch the video, and if you don’t like it, leave a comment for the video maker explaining why.
Note from Zennie62Media and OaklandNewsNow.com : this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a YouTube channel. When the video is “liked” by Zennie62 YouTube, then it is automatically uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective here, on top of our is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours – is the use of the existing YouTube social graph on any subject in the World. Now, news is reported with a smartphone and also by promoting current content on YouTube: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary, or having a camera crew to shoot what is already on YouTube. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Thursday in Las Vegas Livestream Weekly Strip Update By Steven Campbell
- Crazy car ran over random people during car show in San Francisco, Mission street (March 27, 2021)
- Oakland Celebrates The Wonderful Life of Dorothy King At Everett & Jones BBQ Funeral
- Bike Transportation And The Oakland A’s Ballpark, A Video Discussion
- 708 32nd St Oakland, CA Home For Sale | ColdwellBankerHomes.com
- President Biden Background Press Call By Senior Administration Officials On Russia
- Coinbase Airs Commercial One Day After Going Public On Wednesday April 14th 2021
- Conservative Pat Robertson Says Derek Chauvin Should Be Put Under Jail For Killing George Floyd
- Oakland City Auditor Homelessness Report Blasts Encampments Without Solution To Problem
- Zennie Abraham Zennie62Media Presentation On Social Media For Your International Trade Business
- City Auditor, Courtney Ruby: Oakland Homeless Encampments Cost City Of Oakland $12.6 Million
- YouTube’s Creator Responsibility Initiative
- Jonathan Pentland Soldier In Jail After Assault On Black Young Man In South Carolina Is Lesson
- Jessica Dwyer Talks With Zennie Abraham About Her Tony Todd Candyman Interview
- Rotary Club of Oakland Civic Wednesday Meeting April 14, 2021
- Jadeveon Clowney Signs One Year Deal with Browns | CBS Sports HQ
- Brandon Dawkins Thanks Oakland Police Officer Mike For Service At Oakland Coliseum During Raiders Games
- AmeriCorps NCCC Team Blue 5 Oakland Mobile Vaccine Pop-Up
- Getting Vaccinated At The Oakland Coliseum Site
- Prosecuting Attorney In Chauvin Trial Reduces Chauvin Defense Pathology Expert Claims To Nothing