ONN – Mandela Station At West Oakland BART Shows New City In City – video by the YouTube channel in the video’s upper left hand corner.
Mandela Station will transform the area immediately around West Oakland. MacFarlane Partners, JRVD, and Alan Dones the project developers, envisions a
…major corporate headquarters to anchor the mixed-use development site, built on a 5.5 acres that will include up to 500,000 sf of Office Space; a 240+/- Affordable Units, 520+/i Market Rate Residential Units, and 75,000sf +/- of ground level Retail Space.
Mandela Station is ideally located at the West Oakland BART Station, the heart of the Bay Area regional transportation system with direct train access to every BART station during peak hours; the SF Financial district is just a 7 minute ride and all trains from the East Bay pass through West Oakland. SF’s emerging Mid-Market area is 12 minutes away, downtown Oakland is only a 4-minute ride and Walnut Creek is 26 minutes to the east. When seeking well located property with mixed uses, this station stands out.
The overall intent is to better connect the BART station to the community, and incorporate ways to create an attractive, livable and sustainable urban environment that ultimately enhances the quality of life in the neighborhood. Mandela Station is a timely response to the Association of Bay Area Governments’ (“ABAG”) projections of significant new job growth in West Oakland. The project will be designed to combine, and maximize, the value of its high-commuter visibility and West Oakland’s rich culture of music and the arts. Art from area artists, past and present, will be incorporated into the design to the greatest extent feasible, to create an attractive and ever-evolving unique sense of place.
San Francisco’s housing market is strong, especially in the South of Market (“SOMA”) area of San Francisco that is less than 10 minutes from the West Oakland Station. A good activity oriented development design will present office and retail uses as a way to promote reverse commutes on BART and contribute to the vibrancy of a transit friendly area. Improved property value and growing the tax base is yet another benefit of appropriate land use.
The team is capable of expanding our development concepts to enfold sites beyond the existing BART Station 5.5 acres footprint that also advances both the District’s and the City of Oakland goal of encouraging investment in West Oakland and developing great neighborhoods that adequately satisfy shopping needs.
That’s what the developer reports.
Note from Zennie62Media and OaklandNewsNow.com : this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a YouTube channel. When the video is “liked” by Zennie62 YouTube, then it is automatically uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective here, on top of our is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours – is the use of the existing YouTube social graph on any subject in the World. Now, news is reported with a smartphone and also by promoting current content on YouTube: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary, or having a camera crew to shoot what is already on YouTube. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- DC News: Michael Keaton Spotted In The Flash Movie Set Along With Supergirl? By Joseph Armendariz
- Racist Incident At Boys H.S. Basketball Game In San Diego By Joseph Armendariz
- Carl Nassib Gay: Las Vegas Raiders Mark Davis & Jon Gruden Release Statements By Joseph Armendariz
- Las Vegas Raiders Mark Davis & Jon Gruden Releasse Statements Regarding Nassib By Joseph Armendariz
- Raiders Carl Nassib Says He’s Openly Gay But Why Is This News?
- Was 2021 Juneteeth Shooting At Oakland Lake Merritt Staged For Video, Right Wing Politics? OPD Media
- Boxing Deontay Wilder Wants Revenge On Tyson – Fury By Eric Pangilinan
- NEWS CONFERENCE June 21, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Tre^von Moehrig Signs His Rookie Contract By Joseph Armendariz
- Las Vegas Raiders : DE Carl Nassib Comes Out As Openly Gay By Joseph Armendariz
- Raiders’ DE Carl Nassib Becomes First Active NFL Player To Come Out As Gay, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- NBA Time For The 76ers To Trade Ben Simmons- By Eric Pangilinan
- Port of Oakland Ready To Receive Giant Container Crane From Everport Terminal Services
- Johnathan Hankins Was Raiders Best Defense Tankle In 2020
- Steven A Smith Calls Devin Booker The next Next Kobe To Magic Johnson- By Eric Pangilinan
- Steven A Smith Calls Devin Booker The Next Kobe
- NBA Time For The 76ers To Trade Ben Simmons – By Eric Pangilinan
- Maria Ayerdi Kaplan: Salesforce Transit Center Should Have Her Statue In Front Of It, Marc Beinoff
- Dave Kaval Headed Back To Las Vegas, After The Howard Terminal City Of Oakland Alameda County Fiasco
- What Atlanta 1 Step From NBA Finals 1 Year After Donald Trump, Rayshard Brooks, The Pandemic, Means