Given the record-breaking surge of COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations, Alameda County has joined other Bay Area health departments and the City of Berkeley in implementing the State’s Regional Stay Home Order in an effort to prevent our health care systems from being overburdened and to reduce lost of life. In Alameda County, the new order took effect on Monday, December 7 at 12:01 and will remain in effect through Monday, January 4, 2021.
The stay-at-home order resembles the shelter in place from last spring. Residents of Alameda County are asked to stay home unless they have essential work or essential business to conduct like going to buy groceries or seeking medical care. Any schools that were previously granted state waivers to conduct in-classroom learning will be allowed to continue their instruction. The order requires non-essential businesses like bars, movie theaters, hair salons, and others to close for the duration of the order. Restaurants can remain open to serve customers for take-out and delivery. The complete sector closures and restrictions on activity under the State’s Regional Stay Home Order are described here. View Alameda County’s Approved Open & Closed Businesses here.
Please continue to prioritize self-care by engaging in activities like walking a dog, jogging or riding a bike for exercise, while maintaining physical distancing.
The safest way to celebrate the holiday season is at home with the people you live with. Gatherings with family and friends who do not live with you increase the chances of getting or spreading COVID-19 or the flu.
Stay up to date on the latest COVID-19 health information by clicking here (https://covid-19.acgov.org/index)
Inside this newsletter you’ll find the following information:
COVID-19 Testing Locations
Opportunities To Get Involved
Helpful Contact Information
As always, please feel free to reach out to our office with any additional questions/ follow-up. – Email us at [email protected] – and follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for more frequent updates.
Also, Please share this with any neighbors who may not have received this update!
Yours in Service of Oakland,
Loren M. Taylor, Councilmember
Oakland – District 6
Sign up for the District 6 Newsletter
1. COVID-19 Testing Locations
A. Coronavirus Testing in East Oakland
Roots Community Health Center
9925 International Blvd
Oakland, CA 94603
Mondays & Wednesdays: 9:30am – 4:00pm
Fridays: 9:30am – 1:00pm
Appointments are preferred but not required!
More Information – https://rootsclinic.org/covid-19-testing-oakland/
Register here or email [email protected]
Allen Temple Baptist Church
8501 International Blvd
Oakland, CA 94621
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 10am – 4pm
Register Here or email [email protected]
Find More Testing Sites
B. Emergency Paid Sick Leave & Right to Return Ordinances.
Oakland’s City Council unanimously approved critical protections for Oakland workers earlier this summer, the Emergency Paid Sick Leave and Right to Return ordinances.
The ordinance requires certain employers to provide leave to workers who test positive for COVID-19, present symptoms, are caring for family members who were exposed or present symptoms, or are at high risk from an infection.
Please check out and share the KYR flyer and help us spread the word so that Oakland workers are aware of their rights under this groundbreaking local law.
Questions call Fair Labor Oakland hotline:
2.Opportunities To Get Involved
A.Upcoming Community Engagement Opportunities
December 8, 2020, 6-7:30pm [TODAY!]
Reimagining Public Safety Task Force: Community Listening Session
December 8, 2020, 6:30-7:30pm
Eye of Newt & Toe of Frog: Winter Amphibians in the East Bay Regional Park District
December 9, 2020, 3-4pm
Children’s Hospital Health Literacy Talk: Childhood Mental Health
December 15, 2020, 1pm
Special Concurrent Meeting of the Oakland Redevelopment Successor Agency/City Council
December 17, 2020, 10am-2pm
Oakland Virtual Job Fair Series: To connect unemployed Oakland residents with current job opportunities, the City of Oakland Workforce Development Board is hosting a Virtual Job Fair Series.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- dat Krunchy Couple: Trader Joe’s Snack Haul
- Oakland City Council Leaders Email To Rob Manfred MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Relocation
- This Pastrami is Oakland’s Best Kept Secret | Word of Mouth
- 1100 Himself on The Meaning Behind The Word “Hyphy” + Explains Oakland Slang. PT.2
- Rose Haze | Oakland Band | Live Performance at Balanced Breakfast’s Showcase | SxSW 2021
- 2421 67th Avenue Oakland, CA | ColdwellBankerHomes.com
- Bike Oakland & Piedmont: Around Mountain View Cemetery
- Oakland Unified School District Announces 2021 Teachers Of The Year
- Colonial Pipeline Paid Darkside Hackers $5 Million In Ransom Money – Bad Idea
- Black Business Roundtable hosted by Oakland’s Own Doug Blacksher
- How The 49ers vs Raiders Preseason Games Restarted When The Silver And Black Returned To Oakland
- Rusty Hardin Says Tony Buzbee Deshaun Watson Settlement Not Happening Talk Is Ironic
- Mads Mikkelsen And Anders Jensen Blockbuster Interview With Zennie62Media’s Jessica Dwyer
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Seeks To Drown A’s Fans In Water At Coliseum
- Mads Mikkelsen Oscars: Mads Mikkelsen, Anders Jensen, Riders Of Justice Interview: Jessica Dwyer
- Oakland Schools: OUSD 2021 Classified School Employees Of The Year
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Statement On Restart of Colonial Pipeline And Continued Federal Government Efforts To Mitigate Impacts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In Relocation Talks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick
- City Of Oakland Eviction Moratorium Not Impacted By Federal Ruling