ONN – Live: Ricky Ricardo Of Oakland Raiders Fans Home Ricky’s Sports In San Leandro Bar Passes, RIP – vlog by Zennie62 YouTube
Approximately 3 hours ago, it was announced that Ricky Ricardo of Ricky’s Sports Theater in San Leandro, the home of Oakland Raiders Fans and Raider Nation, passed away.
This was written on the Ricky’s Facebook Page:
Hello to all of our loyal fans.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our beloved Ricky. The family is mourning this great loss, but do appreciate all of the love, messages and condolences being sent their way. As you can imagine our hearts are very heavy and we are responding to messages as best as we can. Thank you ALL for the many years of memories, support and undying love and devotion. Please say a prayer and light a candle.
Ricky has battled Alzheimer’s Disease which has advanced for over the past 4 years. His wife Tina Ricardo managed the sports bar but the COVID pandemic, and the shelter-in-place orders, have kept Ricky’s closed for a few months, now. The revenue from operations has stopped as a result, but the utility bills and tax payment requests have not. Financial help is urgently needed in this perfect storm of bad luck for the 74-year-old establishment. Please contribute to the GoFundMe that was started by family friend Robert Gingery with a click here.
For decades, Ricky’s was not only home to Raider Nation, but a place to gather for special meetings to keep the team in Oakland. It was and is also a place to watch Golden State Warriors games, and pro sports on television.
This livestream features the July 21, 2018 Jon Gruden “coming home” party at Ricky’s, and has my interview with him, there. That event showed how special Ricky Ricardo was to Raider Nation, and to Jon Gruden. Jon bought out Ricky’s and fed something like 2,000 members of Raider Nation. And while the Raiders are now in Las Vegas, the fact is, Ricky Ricardo will always be a part of Raider Nation.
I wrote this in 2018:
For those of you who may not know Ricky’s Sports Theater and Grill in San Leandro, first it’s located at 15028 Hesperian Blvd in San Leandro, California. Second, it’s kinda like a cool place you might see if Walt Disney were an Oakland Raiders Fan: it has neat nooks and crannys, and then larger meeting rooms, and yet it’s a bit of a maze you like getting lost in. It has 90 televisions, but they’re dotted all over so you can talk and really not miss the action. It’s hard to explain unless you experience the place.
For Oakland Raiders Head Coach Jon Gruden, Ricky wore the “Jon 317” Raiders t-shirt. For those of you not well-versed in The Bible, John 3:17 says “For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” Translated, it means that Ricky and many Raiders fans thank God and Mark Davis for sending Jon Gruden to be the coach. For all of the rightful blasting Davis gets about the Las Vegas relocation effort, hiring Jon Gruden was a move that (save for a rather sad statement against USC Offensive Coordinator Tee Martin and regarding The Rooney Rule), Davis got right. But I digress, this is about Ricky, and Ricky’s Sports Theater and Grill in San Leandro,.
If you have a chance, go down to Ricky’s and thank Mr. Ricardo for all that he’s done for Raider Nation. The event was a long time coming, and reminded me and others of the Raiders Kickoff Party at Jack London Square in 1998. Ricky was only happy to help produce the event, saying “Jon’s a good guy and I want to see more of him. He has been a long time friend of mine.”
Ricky Ricardo, RIP.
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Rep Liz Chaney Speech On House Floor On Eve Of Vote To Oust Her From House GOP Leadership
- Las Vegas Raiders New Number Changers For 2021 Season. By Joseph Armendariz
- May 11, 2021
- Livestream: Blame To Go Around In Oakland A’s Relocation Threat? Start With Oakland Athletics
- MLB Ask Oakland Athletics To Threaten Relocation – Oakland City Council’s Progressive Wing Steps In
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021
- Ben Barlett Berkeley Councilmember Meetings On Traffic, Fire Safety This Week
- Ultra Black News | Ahmed Muhammad | Oakland Tech’s First Black Male Valedictorian
- Asian American Attacks: Couple Dragged In Brazen Parking Lot Robbery In Oakland
- 5 7 2021 Auto Accident Hit N Run Oakland East 14th & 2nd
- Zennie62 YouTube At 2008 DNC Convention, United Airlines Flight To Denver, Meeting Ashley Wolfe Long
- Kenny Mayne: ESPN Tried To Keep Kenny Mayne For Less But He Said No – No Tears Here
- Andrew Peterson Oakland CIO Gets Harari Conscious Leadership And Social Innovation Award
- Oakland Councilmember Sheng Thao And Oakland Mutual Aid Collective Will Distribute PPE Kits To Students May 11th
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am