ONN – LIVE: Jesse Collins, Stacy Sher, Steven Soderbergh To Produce 93rd Oscars / Academy Awards – vlog by Zennie62 YouTube
LIVE: Jesse Collins, Stacy Sher, Steven Soderbergh To Produce 93rd Oscars / Academy Awards
Emmy®-nominated producer Jesse Collins, Oscar®-nominated producer Stacey Sher and Oscar-winning filmmaker Steven Soderbergh will produce the 93rd Oscars®, Academy President David Rubin announced today. It will be their first involvement with the Oscars, which airs live on ABC and broadcast outlets worldwide on Sunday, April 25, 2021.
“The upcoming Oscars is the perfect occasion for innovation and for re-envisioning the possibilities for the awards show. This is a dream team who will respond directly to these times,” said Academy President David Rubin and Academy CEO Dawn Hudson. “The Academy is excited to work with them to deliver an event that reflects the worldwide love of movies and how they connect us and entertain us when we need them the most.”
“We’re thrilled and terrified in equal measure. Because of the extraordinary situation we’re all in, there’s an opportunity to focus on the movies and the people who make them in a new way, and we hope to create a show that really FEELS like the movies we all love,” said Collins, Sher and Soderbergh.
“Jesse, Stacey and Steven are the ideal storytellers to harness the uniqueness of this moment and celebrate the artists who are dedicated to telling stories that stand the test of time,” said Craig Erwich, president of Hulu Originals and ABC Entertainment. “By enlisting this incredibly talented team of television and film producers, I’m confident we will deliver a prestigious event that will be remembered for years to come.”
Collins has produced numerous awards shows and events including the Grammy Awards®, BET Awards, UNCF An Evening of Stars®, Black Girls Rock! and Soul Train® Awards, and such television series and specials as “John Lewis: Celebrating a Hero,” “Bookmarks: Celebrating Black Voices,” “Change Together: From the March on Washington to Today,” “Sunday Best,” “American Soul,” “Rhythm + Flow” and “The New Edition Story.” He earned an Emmy nomination for the 61st Grammy Awards in 2019. Collins also has been tapped to co-executive produce the upcoming Grammy Awards and executive produce the Pepsi Super Bowl LV Halftime Show, both in early 2021. He is the founder and CEO of Jesse Collins Entertainment, a full-service television and film entertainment production company.
Sher earned Best Picture Oscar nominations for “Django Unchained” (2012) and “Erin Brockovich” (2000). She has produced or executive produced more than two dozen major motion pictures, including such notable films as “Pulp Fiction,” “The Hateful Eight,” “Contagion,” “Garden State,” “Man on the Moon,” “Out of Sight,” “Gattaca,” “Get Shorty” and “Reality Bites.” Her television credits include such series as “Mrs. America,” which earned 10 Emmy nominations, “Reno 911!,” “Into the Badlands” and “Sweet/Vicious.” She also served as an executive producer on the Oscar-winning documentary short subject “Period. End of Sentence.” (2018). Sher is currently a producer on the Aretha Franklin biographical film “Respect,” starring Jennifer Hudson, set for release in August of 2021.
Soderbergh won a Directing Oscar for “Traffic” in 2000 and earned a nomination for directing “Erin Brockovich” that same year. He also earned a writing nomination for “sex, lies, and videotape” (1989), his feature film directorial debut. A prolific writer, director, producer, cinematographer and editor, he has directed more than 30 films in a three-decade career, including “Magic Mike,” “Contagion,” the “Ocean’s” trilogy, “Out of Sight” and, most recently, “Let Them All Talk,” premiering this month. He also has produced or executive produced a wide range of projects for both film and television, including “Bill & Ted Face the Music,” “The Report,” “Ocean’s Eight,” “Citizenfour,” “Michael Clayton,” “Good Night, and Good Luck.” and two seasons of his own series, “The Knick.”
The 93rd Oscars will be held on Sunday, April 25, 2021, and will be televised live on ABC and in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide.
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Astros vs. Red Sox ALCS Game 3 Highlights (10/18/21) | MLB Highlights October 19, 2021
- Yet Another Bank of America, SBA EIDL Horror Story Sent For Blogging October 19, 2021
- Cowboy Bebop | Official Teaser “Lost Session” | Netflix October 19, 2021
- Cowboy Bebop | Opening Credits | Netflix October 19, 2021
- Intellectual Property Law Issues in Non Fungible Tokens (NFTs) October 19, 2021
- The New Future Of YouTube | YouTube Video NFTs – Non-Fungible Tokens | RetroPie Guy October 19, 2021
- Drugstores Blame Shoplifting for Locked Up Shelves October 19, 2021
- Nationwide spike in shoplifting October 19, 2021
- Mondays With Vish: Will the 49ers Bounce Back After the Bye Week? October 19, 2021
- MLB Picks – Atlanta Braves vs Los Angeles Dodgers – NLCS Game 3 MLB Playoffs October 19, 2021
- The BEST MLB Team That MISSED The Playoffs October 19, 2021
- 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo is Likely to Start Against the Indianapolis Colts October 19, 2021
- MLB Playoffs, MNF, NHL, NBA Opening Night, NBA Top 100 Players, News & Notes, DWTS, Best Bet October 19, 2021
- Curb Your Enthusiasm (2021) | Season 11 Official Trailer | HBO October 19, 2021
- Korn – “Coming Undone” – Live 10-18-2021 – Oakland Arena – Oakland, CA October 19, 2021
- Brutal Marriage Movie – SNL October 19, 2021
- Five players the New York Jets could deal at the NFL trading deadline October 19, 2021
- 2021 MLB playoffs Red Sox vs Astros odds ALCS Game 3 picks predictions October 19, 2021
- Astros vs Red Sox Game 3 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 19, 2021
- Lowe’s Fayetteville GA Service Tech Shelby Cooper Great Dishwasher Install Service On Call October 19, 2021
- Oakland Unified School District OUSD Celebrates 2021 National Principals Month October 19, 2021
- The Jewel of Oakland – An Aerial Cinematic View of Lake Merritt in 4K October 19, 2021
- Oakland Sideshow SEP. 2021 pt.2 October 19, 2021
- Bike Oakland: Seminary, Leona Heights, Upper Dimond, Laurel, Allendale, Maxwell Park October 19, 2021
- Bike the sunrise in Oakland, San Leandro & Alameda October 19, 2021
- Bike Oakland: Up Broadway, Broadway Heights, Down Monterey October 19, 2021
- Bike Oakland: Up Monterey, Down Park October 19, 2021
- Oakland Sideshow SEP. 2021 October 19, 2021
- Bills vs Titans Week 6 Highlights | NFL 2021 October 19, 2021
- Kate Scott embraces Philly as Sixers season begins | Sixers Talk October 19, 2021