Laura Loomer’s angry with Twitter founder Jack Dorsey. So much so that the 25-year-old self-described conservative investigative journalist who reportedly lives in New York, went to protest by chaining herself to Twitter’s New York City Headquarters. (Well, at least Laura didn’t fly to San Francisco where the real Twitter action is!)
The reason Laura Loomer was banned from Twitter is not the focus of my blog post. My take is she should not dive into commentary that would be seen as racist on a site she does not own. That just seems like common sense to me.
So a racist hateful MAGA Cultist named Laura Loomer, the female Jacob Wohl, handcuffed herself to Twitter’s HQ demanding that her hate spreading Twitter account be given back to her.
They let her stay there until she got tired and cold.
— Ricky Davila (@TheRickyDavila) November 30, 2018
What I find rather intriguing is why she didn’t have her own self-hosted WordPress blog? Why does Laura Loomer feel compelled to make Jack Dorsey accept her way of thinking and post it on what is, at the end of the day, his site?
What I find mildly disturbing is this reliance on some to leave their expressed thoughts, feelings, and emotions in a microblog platform they don’t own, and thus have no real control over?
Many Of The Oakland Elections Candidates over-relied on Twitter, too
Laura Loomer’s right in the same place of thought as those who ran for office in Oakland, across the San Francisco Bay and where this blogger established Oakland’s first true blog Oakland Focus in 2004. The majority of candidates for Mayor of Oakland used Twitter like it was some drug, leaving long tweets and in one case getting flagged for racist tweets about black Oaklanders (something you would think gets one banned from running for Mayor of Oakland, right?).
Anyway, the leading candidate for Mayor of Oakland, the incumbent Libby Schaaf, didn’t spend much time on Twitter at all – arguably, almost no time, when the total election in Oakland’s considered. In short, there was no advantage to posting a message on Twitter that actually helped a local candidate in Oakland. Yet, that didn’t stop the majority of politicos from tweeting their hearts out, when a blog, website, and YouTube channel, combined with good old walking around and meeting people, would have been a better focus of their time.
Score: Twitter and Jack Dorsey 1 million, Laura Loomer 0
In the end, the big winner is Twitter. Jack and Biz Stone and Ev Williams have figured out the itch that everyone needs to scratch. I am just proud as anything to be able to say I was at the Twitter launch party in 2007 at Mighty Nightclub in San Francisco!
Heck, I love Twitter’s approach to microblogging, even though I really love vlogging using the ultra-fast YouTube platform via my Zennie62 on YouTube Channel.
To me, Twitter is great to use to distribute blog posts and YouTube vlogs, but I would not count on it as the repository for my message. That’s what blogs are for.
Laura Loomer was obviously born 10 years too late: otherwise she would have had her own fire-brand couch-potato conservative blog, (she’s not a real, traditional William F. Buckley Jr. conservative, you know?) rather than coming to San Francisco not for the food, but to gin up publicity for Jack’s micro-blogging platform because he kicked her off of it.
And as to this question of what good she did…
Today more people online searched for Laura Loomer than:
– Kim Kardashian
– Kanye West
– Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
— Mike Cernovich ?? (@Cernovich) November 30, 2018
The answer is this: I’m not a hater or whatever but Laura’s mistake was in not owning and using her own self-hosted WordPress blog! Laura made no money from her protest, there was no blog that got a ton of traffic – but Jack Dorsey and Twitter sure did. #Used.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- NFL Notable Stats And Milestones For Week 3, 2021 Season September 27, 2021
- SF 49ers Leave 37 Secs For Green Bay Packers To Drive To Kick 53 Yd Field Goal, Win 30 To 28 September 26, 2021
- INSANE Ending! Miami Dolphins vs Las Vegas Raiders September 26, 2021
- Sarah Everard death received more attention than Sabina Nessa’s, but WHY? September 26, 2021
- Sabina Nessa – The Teacher Murdered In South London | Investigation So Far September 26, 2021
- Gruden, Carr, Renfrow, Hayward Jr., Ruggs III and Barber Postgame Pressers | Week 3 vs. Dolphins September 26, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders First Time The AFC West Is Wide Open Since 2011 By Eric Pangilinan September 26, 2021
- Ravens Locker Room Reaction After Detroit Win September 26, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Thoughts On 3-0 Raiders And L.A Booster Club Celebration By Joseph Armendariz September 26, 2021
- 2 men fatally shot near Oakland’s Laurel District September 26, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Make NFL History By Eric Pangilinan September 26, 2021
- Rob Gronkowski Injured: 2021 Bucs Vs Rams. September 26, 2021
- Marshon Lattimore on Win in Return | Saints-Patriots Postgame September 26, 2021
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Los Angeles Rams Highlights 3rd – Qtr | NFL Week 3 | September 26, 2021 September 26, 2021
- Sean Payton on Week 3 Win | Saints-Patriots Postgame September 26, 2021
- Jameis Winston on Week 3 Win at New England | Saints-Patriots Postgame September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Men’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.1] September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Women’s QF Roundup September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Men’s QF Roundup September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Men’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.2] September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Women’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.2] September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Women’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.1] September 26, 2021
- Michael Irvin SHOCKED Kansas City Chiefs loss to Los Angeles Chargers 30-24 in Week 3 September 26, 2021
- 1991 Oakland Hills Fire Focus Of Disaster Movie Starring LeVar Burton September 26, 2021
- Guns N’ Roses Sweet Child O Mine Live At Allegiant Stadium Las Vegas 2021 September 26, 2021