Filed under: female bodybuilder, female bodybuilding, female bodybuilding workout, female bodybuilder flexing, female muscle flexing, o2 fitness, o2 fitness gym, female bodybuilder instagram
ONN – In our first of a series of vlogs on Charleston South Carolina Female Bodybuilder Laura Ehlen, we got to know her. In this second vlog, I, Zennie Abraham, representing Zennie62Media, sent a set of questions for the Lowcountry female bodybuilder after her participation in the 2019 NPC (National Physique Committee) Las Vegas Contest.
1) How did you change your body on the way to the contest? How much weight did you lose? Muscle gained? And what was your diet for those who may not be familiar with a female bodybuilder’s routine?
Laura Ehlen: I started at 172 pounds when I began contest prep and my stage weight was 136 pounds. My body shrank in overall size but maintained a fair amount of muscle. My muscle definition was enhanced by the end. My diet consisted of VERY clean foods so that I could prevent any sort of digestive issues. If your digestion isn’t working properly you will not absorb all of the nutrients from the foods you are eating. I had to evaluate how foods made me feel and how nutritious they were for the calories being consumed. I mostly ate lean steak, tilapia, eggs, nuts, and non-starchy veggies.
2) How did you do at the Las Vegas NPC 2019 contest?
Laura Ehlen: I placed in the top 10 in my height class in the Figure division.
3) What’s it like to participate? Did you already know your competitors or just meet them, or a mix of both? Is there a sisterhood among female bodybuilders?
Laura Ehlen: It is very thrilling to participate in these competitions. All of the competitors have worked VERY hard to get to a national stage and are bringing their best package in an attempt to win their Pro card. I did not know any competitors at the show but did get to meet some very wonderful women competing. Most girls are very friendly and willing to be helpful if you need assistance with your suit or hair or anything else that may come up.
4) Your coaches had a lot to do with your prep; who are they?
Laura Ehlen: My coaches are wonderful people, by far the most dedicated people to my success. I work extremely closely with them on a daily basis. Lance and Kassie Fulker have been my coaches for several years now. Both of them compete in bodybuilding and Kassie has her IFBB Pro Card.
5) When is your next contest?
Laura Ehlen: I am not entirely sure of my next contest but it won’t be until next year. I need a little break from competition prep to let my body relax and maintain my health. Competing is very hard on your body, mind, and life so it is important to take time off to focus on other aspects of your life. I plan on making some progress on my physique during this off time.
6) Are you going to try for the same weight class? I personally feel you look super with even more muscle!
Laura Ehlen: Yes, I do not want to move into another category. I really enjoy Figure and feel it suits me best. Figure classes aren’t determined by weight, it goes by height.
7) What did you learn about yourself on this journey?
Laura Ehlen: I learned there are things I need to work on more when I am in prep to ensure I am set up for a more successful stage presence for me. I also gained the experience of just competing at that level where all of the competitors look phenomenal.
We think Laura looks incredible, and Zennie62Media stands ready to support her as she prepares for the future.
Oakland News Now Note: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network. This is a major part of our new approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Cincinnati Reds vs Pittsburgh Pirates Highlights September 27, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB 2021 September 28, 2021
- Chevron Ecuador’s Steven Donziger And Theranos Elizabeth Holmes Have Fraud In Common September 28, 2021
- Rebecca Kaplan and Noel Gallo Oakland CMs Call For Approval Of AASEG Oakland Coliseum Term Sheet September 28, 2021
- City of Oakland Missing Out On TENS OF MILLIONS Of Cannabis Taxes by Derrick Soo September 28, 2021
- Squash: Coll v Farag – Men’s Final Roundup – Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 September 28, 2021
- Loop Capital CEO Jim Reynolds Tells CNBC How He’s Diversifying His Firm In 2020 Interview September 28, 2021
- Frank Somerville Suspended By KTVU Update – Oakland’s Dr. Elnora T. Webb, PhD Op Ed September 28, 2021
- Zion Williamson injured and will miss preseason September 28, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Move Up In The Top 5 In The NFL Power Rankings September 28, 2021
- Gabby Petito Family Press Conference On Today September 28 2021 1:05 PM EST via CNN September 28, 2021
- How We Can Win Texas and Florida in 2022 with Shaniqua McClendon September 28, 2021
- Frank Somerville Suspended Update: KTVU’s Amber Eikel Avoids Social Media Blasts After Action September 28, 2021
- Davey D Rants on Mayor Ron Dellums After Oakland Oscar Grant Murder, Riots For Not Talking To Media September 28, 2021
- TikTok Video: Brian Laundrie Hitchhiking on August 29th, But Where Was Gabby Petito? September 28, 2021
- Reagan Shooter John Hinckley Granted Release From Court Supervision September 28, 2021
- Squash: Hany v Sobhy – Women’s Finals Roundup – Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 September 28, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders – Is Everyone Being Vetted Before Entering Allegiant Stadium? By Joseph Armendariz September 28, 2021
- National Voter Registration Day is today September 28, 2021
- National Voter Registration day is today! September 28, 2021
- Tuesday is National Voter Registration Day: Where can you register to vote? September 28, 2021
- National Voter Registration Day! September 28, 2021
- News to Go – Events Today for National Voter Registration Day September 28, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Is RB Peyton Barber The Reason For Trey Ragas Release? By Joseph Armendariz September 28, 2021
- Oakland Athletics vs Seattle Mariners Highlights September 27, 2021 September 28, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Running BackTrey Ragas Waived By The Raiders But Why? By Joseph Armendariz September 28, 2021