ONN – Las Vegas Stadium Not “Almost Done” Completion Date Now October 31, 2020
Reports that Las Vegas Stadium is “almost done” are completely wrong. The Las Vegas Stadium Authority’s own documents challenge that idea. See: https://oaklandnewsnow.com/2019/07/17/las-vegas-stadium-construction-update-october-31-2020-is-new-completion-date/
This space has told the truth about the project. It’s time rest of r
The “Page 1 Project Status Report | May 2019” reads as follows:
The project schedule was unchanged during the reporting period. Substantial completion is anticipated on July 31, 2020, the stadium’s opening event is expected to occur on August 16, 2020 and project closeout is currently scheduled for October 31, 2020.
That is very different from the previous Las Vegas Stadium Authority report of April of 2019, which read as follows:
The project schedule changed slightly during the reporting period. Substantial completion has been revised back to the originally reported July 31, 2020, with the opening event now slated for August 16, 2020.
That matches the actual video-blog made at Zennie62 on YouTube on January 29th of 2029, which has this title, “Oakland Raiders Las Vegas Stadium NFL Opening Date October 2020”, and is this:
This vlogger also blogged then that:
For some reason, the Oakland Raiders are really pushing this idea that the stadium will be ready for a full 2020 NFL Season. The reality, according to the Las Vegas Stadium Authority’s own documents, is that it’s not going to be able to host the Raiders for the entire 2020 NFL Stadium.
The facts, documents and also online reports that the stadium would have a three-month move in period were available as far back as May 17, 2017. That some can’t seem to find the documents or remember the reports simply means they were not reading and paying attention to planning for the Las Vegas Stadium project. Let alone using common sense: no one is going to move into an NFL stadium or a home when its still under construction – it’s finished, then you move in.
The new Las Vegas Stadium project status report also points to an affirmation that there was a giant problem with the way the canopy trusses were installed, and how that set back the stadium project. Here’s the words from the report:
GCDP indicated that the contractor has an average of 1,200 workers each day, has maintained an expanded work week and has added second shift work on Saturdays (primarily focused on steel erection). GCDP cited “substantial progress” relative to steel erection during the current reporting period, noting that fifteen of the twenty-four stadiumcanopy sections had been installed at the time of its most recent field visit, with seven more sections located on the ground in various stages of assembly.
GCDP (Grand Canyon Development Partners) did note a challenge with canopy section No. 5010, which had not been released due to an alignment issue. Now resolved, the canopy section was removed to allow for realignment of the supporting truss columns. This resulted in a delay in placing subsequent canopy sections on the west side of the stadium and will potentially delay the centering of the interior ring beam originally scheduled for July 30, 2019, to mid-August. Respecting that this remains a critical milestone date for the project, GCDP reiterated its belief that the contractor can manage the other elements of the schedule to achieve substantial completion by July 31, 2020. Notably, the second critical path issue identified by GCDP was the cable net roof and ETFE installation, anticipated for completion by mid-March 2020. GCDP noted that there is no required adjustment to the timing of this element.
Staff has requested that GCDP continue to closely monitor the progress of the project with particular attention given to the items outlined above.
From that, it’s not hard to put two and two together and come up with four: the new date of October 31, 2020 happens to be in the same report noting the canopy problem, and stating “This resulted in a delay in placing subsequent canopy sections on the west side of the stadium and will potentially delay the centering of the interior ring beam originally scheduled for July 30, 2019, to mid-August,” meaning two delay points.
The reports, which originally stated in February of 2019 that..
The project schedule was unchanged during the reporting period. Substantial completion is scheduled for August 4, 2020, with the opening game slated for August 6, 2020.
..have not mentioned any game, no football game, for 2020. A stadium “opening event” is not a football game, and now the word is the stadium will not be complete until October 31, 2020. Thus, its reasonable, at this point, to conclude that a full NFL 2020 Season can’t be played at Las Vegas Stadium.
Oakland News Now Note: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network. This is a major part of our new approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland supervisors to push ballpark project forward October 27, 2021
- 남자 ASMR FOOD SPICY CHINESE FOODS MUKBANG #3349 October 27, 2021
- Houston Astros vs Atlanta Braves VOL 4 | World Series – Game 2 | MLB 2021 October 27, 2021
- Lightyear | Teaser Trailer October 27, 2021
- Mehdi Challenges Joe Lieberman On Centrism, Manchin, and Iraq | The Mehdi Hasan Show October 27, 2021
- Inside Allegiant Stadium for Raiders vs. Eagles Week 7. Oct 24, 2021 October 27, 2021
- WIZARDS at CELTICS | FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS | October 27, 2021 October 27, 2021
- Raiders vs Eagles Live At Circa! October 27, 2021
- Caught on camera: Sacramento County auto shops hit by gas thieves October 27, 2021
- Atlanta Hawks vs New Orleans Pelicans – Full Game Highlights | October 27, 2021 | 2021-22 NBA Season October 27, 2021
- Fred VanVleet 26 PTS 10 REB, 6 THREES Full Highlights vs Pacers | 2021 NBA Season October 27, 2021
- Santa Fe DA on Alec Baldwin Facing Criminal Charges: ‘All Options Are on the Table’ October 27, 2021
- Houston Astros vs Atlanta Braves Highlights – World Series Game 2 – 10/27/2021 October 27, 2021
- PACERS at RAPTORS | FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS | October 27, 2021 October 27, 2021
- Las Vegas Halftime Performance by the Grambling State World Famed Tiger Marching Band! October 27, 2021
- Where you can find affordable housing in the greater Sacramento area October 27, 2021
- Washington Wizards vs Boston Celtics – Full Game Highlights | October 27, 2021 | 2021-22 NBA Season October 27, 2021
- What John Eastman Says In Public Vs. Private | The Mehdi Hasan Show October 27, 2021
- Nightly News Full Broadcast – October 27th October 27, 2021
- Houston Astros vs Atlanta Braves VOL 3 | World Series – Game 2 | MLB 2021 October 27, 2021
- Houston Astros vs Atlanta Braves VOL 2 | World Series – Game 2 | MLB 2021 October 27, 2021
- ‘Marker’ the Robot | The machine that patrols launching site October 27, 2021
- Sunday’s storm leaves lasting impact on cars, as mechanics work to fix repairs October 27, 2021
- Oakland School Board Meets to Discuss Reinstating Police Mentoring Program October 27, 2021
- Indiana Pacers vs Toronto Raptors – Full Game Highlights | October 27, 2021 | 2021-22 NBA Season October 27, 2021
- Miami Heat vs Brooklyn Nets – Full Game Highlights | October 27, 2021 | 2021-22 NBA Season October 27, 2021
- Sexual predator to be placed in East Palo Alto, police warn October 27, 2021
- Hayes: How The Second Amendment Is Threatening The First October 27, 2021
- Off-duty cop accused of punching woman in face during road rage incident October 27, 2021
- Durant & Harden in Disbelief after Losing Another Game October 27, 2021
- Shipping Industry Meets In San Francisco, Warn Backlog To Stretch Past Holidays October 27, 2021
- Newsom weighs in on controversy over In-N-Out’s vaccine stance October 27, 2021
- Houston Astros with WILD 2nd inning! (Score 4 runs in chaotic fashion!) October 27, 2021
- Florida’s Manatees Are Dying in Record Numbers in 2021 Due to Food Shortage October 27, 2021
- What is COP26? October 27, 2021
- ABC 10 News San Diego KGTV Latest Headlines | October 27, 6pm October 27, 2021
- Scottie Barnes With the POSTER DUNK on Pacers 🔥 October 27, 2021
- John Salley on Will Staying with Jada After Her ‘Entanglement’ (Flashback) October 27, 2021
- Raskin: We Won’t Play ‘Hide And Seek’ With Targets Of Jan. 6 Subpoenas October 27, 2021
- Knicks @ Bulls- Thursday 10/28/21- NBA Betting Picks and Predictions | Picks & Parlays October 27, 2021