ONN – Las Vegas Stadium Construction Update Reveals It Will Not Be Finished On Time
A new review of photos of Las Vegas Stadium construction reveals, once again, that it will not be finished on time. The main areas that need to see structural progress continue to be on the south side and Polaris Street side of the giant venue.
Note that the vast majority of Las Vegas Stadium construction photos only show the Interstate 15 side of Las Vegas Stadium. But when one can see the other side of the future home of the Oakland Raiders, and again the southwest side of the stadium, it’s clear that the steel and concrete required to support the remaining canopy truss segments have not been installed entirely.
On the matter of the canopy truss segments, Raider 1967 on YouTube uploaded a new, long video that provides an update on what happened with one of the other truss segments – the one that is over the Lanai Door and what he calls the “Lanai Truss.” The video reveals that the truss had to be taken down and then reinstalled, with a delay due to wind speeds so high, replacing the 65-ton constructed was delayed.
While I disagree with Raider 1967 on the notion that Las Vegas Stadium will be finished on time (McCarthy’s own information disputes that idea), I do enjoy his work.
Raiders And Las Vegas Stadium Authority Must Issue Weekly Updates To The Public
Once again, it must be repeated that the Oakland Raiders and the Las Vegas Stadium Authority have failed to issue timely, weekly reports to the media and to social media. This under-reporting of construction progress is unusual for large scale public projects in America. The public sector (Federal, State, and Local) will contribute over $1 billion to the construction of Las Vegas Stadium by the time its finished and the roadways are upgraded, yet the lack of weekly press releases makes one think no one cares about the Clark County taxpayer.
And on the matter of reporting, kudos to AEG Facilities, the newly secured stadium manger for Las Vegas Stadium, for telling the truth. First, the team is still the Oakland Raiders because they don’t play NFL Games in Las Vegas. Second, there’s no reporting of a Super Bowl game in the future because the Raiders haven’t landed a game. Third, the Las Vegas 2020 NFL Draft will be held before Las Vegas Stadium is open.
This is what AEG posted, presented in part, in its press release:
“The National Football League’s Oakland Raiders have announced that AEG Facilities, a stand-alone division of the world’s leading sports, venue and live entertainment company AEG, has been selected to operate their new 65,000-seat stadium now under construction. Set to open in August 2020, the approximately $2 billion, state-of-the-art multi-purpose domed stadium will serve as the new home of the NFL’s most iconic and popular franchise in addition to hosting the NCAA FBS University of Nevada Las Vegas Rebels football team along with events including concerts, collegiate championships, international sporting events, family shows, festivals and corporate and special events including the Las Vegas Bowl pitting a Pac-12 team against an opponent from either the SEC or Big Ten Conferences each year.
As part of a comprehensive management agreement, AEG Facilities will be responsible for the stadium’s operations beginning with providing pre-opening functions including overseeing the hiring and training of the venue’s full-time staff and planning and executing the stadium’s grand opening schedule of events and activities while managing key departments such as guest services, event operations, booking, security, ticketing, finance and human resources…”
Finally, someone is involved in telling it like it like it is.
Oakland News Now Note: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network. This is a major part of our new approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Zennie Abraham Live On WKDEEFM.ORG Talking Oakland A’s Howard Terminal Ballpark Issue
- Inside Fairyland Park, Lake Merritt Oakland.
- Letter From Oakland City Council Leaders To MLB Commissioner On A’s Howard Terminal Project
- Oakland City Council Leadership Sends Nasty Letter To MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Ballpark
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back: Bike Oakland: Redwood Rd & Park, Skyline, Leona Canyon
- Elizabeth Olsen Reunited With Anthony Mackie At MTV Awards 2021
- Kathryn Hahn Wins Best Villain For WandaVision At MTV Awards 2021
- Conservative Commentator Candace Owens May Run For President
- Howard Terminal Or Bust Dave Kaval Is Right Because Oakland A’s Have No Place To Go
- Vanessa Bryant Hall of Fame Speech | Kobe Bryant NBA Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- Browns owners unveil new proposal for Cleveland lakefront
- The Optimistic Oakland A’s Report By Michelle Milliken – May 16,2021
- Asian woman spit on at red light in Oakland
- Las Vegas Raiders 2021 NFL Schedule Review Livestream At Zennie62 YouTube
- Golden Gate Bridge daredevils sought
- SF Bay Area White “Journalists” Can’t Stand Black Oakland Blogger With His Own Opinion
- Hearst Media Services Uses San Francisco Chronicle For Reputation Management Services
- Warriors Steph Curry Highlights: Uses His Head In An Unusual Way To Score On Grizzlies Kyle Anderson
- Naismith SCHOOLS Cooperstown With Its 2021 Basketball Hall Of Fame Class, By: Vinny Lospinudo
- Oakland Youth Beat To Host Creating in Place Virtual Screening Party, Fundraiser