A Las Vegas Stadium Construction lawsuit over a disputed payment that the Oakland Raiders claim isn’t in their area of responsibility is masking the real truth: the stadium completion date was moved back.
In this Las Vegas Stadium Construction Update, the newest report on the website of the Las Vegas Stadium Authority and for the July 18th meeting, reveals that October 31, 2020 is the new date that the giant venue will be finished.
The “Page 1 Project Status Report | May 2019” reads as follows:
The project schedule was unchanged during the reporting period. Substantial completion is anticipated on July 31, 2020, the stadium’s opening event is expected to occur on August 16, 2020 and project closeout is currently scheduled for October 31, 2020.
That is very different from the previous Las Vegas Stadium Authority report of April of 2019, which read as follows:
The project schedule changed slightly during the reporting period. Substantial completion has been revised back to the originally reported July 31, 2020, with the opening event now slated for August 16, 2020.
That matches the actual video-blog made at Zennie62 on YouTube on January 29th of 2029, which has this title, “Oakland Raiders Las Vegas Stadium NFL Opening Date October 2020”, and is this:
This vlogger also blogged then that:
For some reason, the Oakland Raiders are really pushing this idea that the stadium will be ready for a full 2020 NFL Season. The reality, according to the Las Vegas Stadium Authority’s own documents, is that it’s not going to be able to host the Raiders for the entire 2020 NFL Stadium.
The facts, documents and also online reports that the stadium would have a three-month move in period were available as far back as May 17, 2017. That some can’t seem to find the documents or remember the reports simply means they were not reading and paying attention to planning for the Las Vegas Stadium project. Let alone using common sense: no one is going to move into an NFL stadium or a home when its still under construction – it’s finished, then you move in.
So, the Oakland Raiders have, really, two seasons to play in the logical place, the Oakland Coliseum, before going to Las Vegas and Las Vegas Stadium.
The New Reason For The Schedule Change? The Las Vegas Stadium Canopy Truss Issue
The new Las Vegas Stadium project status report also points to an affirmation that there was a giant problem with the way the canopy trusses were installed, and how that set back the stadium project. Here’s the words from the report:
GCDP indicated that the contractor has an average of 1,200 workers each day, has maintained an expanded work week and has added second shift work on Saturdays (primarily focused on steel erection). GCDP cited “substantial progress” relative to steel erection during the current reporting period, noting that fifteen of the twenty-four stadiumcanopy sections had been installed at the time of its most recent field visit, with seven more sections located on the ground in various stages of assembly.
GCDP (Grand Canyon Development Partners) did note a challenge with canopy section No. 5010, which had not been released due to an alignment issue. Now resolved, the canopy section was removed to allow for realignment of the supporting truss columns. This resulted in a delay in placing subsequent canopy sections on the west side of the stadium and will potentially delay the centering of the interior ring beam originally scheduled for July 30, 2019, to mid-August. Respecting that this remains a critical milestone date for the project, GCDP reiterated its belief that the contractor can manage the other elements of the schedule to achieve substantial completion by July 31, 2020. Notably, the second critical path issue identified by GCDP was the cable net roof and ETFE installation, anticipated for completion by mid-March 2020. GCDP noted that there is no required adjustment to the timing of this element.
Staff has requested that GCDP continue to closely monitor the progress of the project with particular attention given to the items outlined above.
From that, it’s not hard to put two and two together and come up with four: the new date of October 31, 2020 happens to be in the same report noting the canopy problem, and stating “This resulted in a delay in placing subsequent canopy sections on the west side of the stadium and will potentially delay the centering of the interior ring beam originally scheduled for July 30, 2019, to mid-August,” meaning two delay points.
The reports, which originally stated in February of 2019 that..
The project schedule was unchanged during the reporting period. Substantial completion is scheduled for August 4, 2020, with the opening game slated for August 6, 2020.
..have not mentioned any game, no football game, for 2020. A stadium “opening event” is not a football game, and now the word is the stadium will not be complete until October 31, 2020. Thus, its reasonable, at this point, to conclude that a full NFL 2020 Season can’t be played at Las Vegas Stadium.
Just as this space and this video-blogger have reported for some time.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- NBA players flirting with officials September 25, 2021
- Little Italy – Standoff ends with man almost hitting pedestrians September 25, 2021
- Search for Brian Laundrie continues Saturday after false-alarm at the family house September 25, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Running Back Josh Jacobs And Richie Incognito Still Injured By Eric Pangilinan September 24, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders ESPN Named QB Derek Carr The Most Underappreciated In The NFL By Eric Pangilinan September 24, 2021
- Frank Somerville Of KTVU Suspended For Gabby Petito Social Media Comments He Told Blogger Richard Lieberman September 24, 2021
- Cam Jordan on Mac Jones, Belichick’s Offense | New Orleans Saints September 24, 2021
- Jameis Winston on Sean Payton & Bill Belichick | New Orleans Saints September 24, 2021
- Coach Gruden on Final Prep for Miami and Richie Incognito’s Progress | Las Vegas Raiders | NFL September 24, 2021
- Leyton CES 2022 Challenge September 24, 2021
- Are Oakland A’s Baseball Fans Voting NO to Dave Kaval and Organization by Derrick Soo September 24, 2021
- Jake Ellenbogen LA Rams Vlogger At Downtown Rams Interviewed By Zennie62Media’s Bill Carroll September 24, 2021
- Are Oakland Baseball Fans Voting NO to Dave Kaval and Organization by Derrick Soo September 24, 2021
- Deshaun Watson – 60 Percent Of The Tony Buzbee Lawsuits Look Fake – Here’s Why September 24, 2021
- When will the Dolphins make their big push for Deshaun Watson? | Pro Football Talk | NBC Sports September 24, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Solstice Art ride (Oyster Bay, Airport, Bay Farm) September 24, 2021
- Deshaun Watson Remains Committed to Forcing His Way out of Houston | THE ODD COUPLE September 24, 2021
- Christian McCaffrey Injury Status – Panthers Matt Rhule Gives Injury Update After Win Over Texans September 24, 2021
- Oakland A’s Dave Stewart Wants To Own Coliseum Land, But Blasts Councilmember Kaplan On Twitter September 24, 2021
- Oakland Hit With Lawsuit for Failure to Clean Up Homeless Camps September 24, 2021
- Readout of Biden Administration Convening to Discuss and Address Semiconductor Supply Chain September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Vs Dolphins Won’t Be Aired On Some Tv Market In California By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Defense Is The Key To Victory In Week By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- RecallOakland.com Website For Stupid Idea Recalling Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf Months Before She’s Termed Out September 23, 2021
- Nintendo Reveals Cast For The Mario Movie in 2022. Yes This Is Real, By: Vinny Lospinuso September 23, 2021
- BREAKING: Arrest Warrant Issued for Brian Laundrie in Gabby Petito’s Death September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Tom Flores To Receive Hall Of Fame Ring At Allegiant Stadium By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- Justin Fields First NFL Start Will Come Against The Browns | Pat McAfee Reacts September 23, 2021
- Coach Bradley, Coach Olson, Denzel Perryman and Kenyan Drake Presser – 9.23.21 | Las Vegas Raiders September 23, 2021
- Supermodel Linda Evangelista Has Been “Brutally Disfigured” by Procedure Done 5 Years Ago | PEOPLE September 23, 2021
- Author Jameis1of1 Talks About Jameis Winston And Gives Thoughts On Pats vs Saints Game September 23, 2021
- Kate Scott | Kate Scott Is Philadelphia’s First Female Sports Broadcaster – That’s No Accident – Here’s Why September 23, 2021
- Mom Gets Surprise Giant Gift Box From Rocket Mortgage Sent Via UPS September 23, 2021
- How U.C. Berkeley Beat Harvard And Yale To Become The Best College In America | Forbes September 23, 2021
- Judge Orders UC Berkeley To Freeze Enrollment After Neighborhood Group Sues September 23, 2021
- Save 1921 Walnut St. Berkeley – Tenants Protest Demolition, UC Berkeley, Mayor Jesse Arreguin Actions September 23, 2021
- 30 Weirdest Things Ever Caught On Security Cameras & CCTV ! September 23, 2021
- The Raiders Are LETHAL With Derek Carr and Jon Gruden in Sync | Tiki and Tierney September 23, 2021
- Melvin Van Peebles on Bill Cosby Allegations; Being a Pioneer September 23, 2021
- Unstoppable: Melvin Van Peebles, Gordon Parks, and Ossie Davis in Conversation (2005) September 23, 2021