Oakland News Now – MGM Resorts International President Bill Hornbuckle takes center stage in Las Vegas Stadium Authority Raiders Meeting Livestream For Sept 20 2018.
The stream started off rather weird because the link from the Stadium Authority website led to another video altogether. I noted this problem on Twitter and an account called “Bruce Sierra” said it was on, but did not provide a link. I asked for it and he did post it – which turned out to be the right one. Very strange.
At any rate, Don Webb, the Raiders Stadium construction boss, give a report that indicated that while certain processes were taking longer than anticipated, the stadium would be finished “ahead of schedule.”
It was an interesting double speak, where Webb constantly pointed to specific issues that he said slowed down the process, but then assured the board the stadium would be finished in 680 days from today, or July 31, 2020.
Near the end of Webb’s presentation, Steven Hill, the new Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority Executive Director, said “That’s the head of construction giving notice to the contractors on his expectations,” or words to that effect. In other words, Webb was telling everyone, “Yeah, we have these problems, but we’re going to be open on time, we’re just not ready now.”
Before he finished Webb got into a testy disagreement with MGM Resorts International President Bill Hornbuckle. Mr. Hornbuckle is the one board member who’s not afraid to question the Raiders on the Stadium Project. He let it be known that MGM Resorts International believes, as do others on the Las Vegas Strip, that their events and properties would be, as he put it “choked out” by the traffic demand for Raiders games. He was not a fan of the Raiders Parking Plan, which Webb said would be in a constant state of flux for the next “30 to 40 years” of the life of the stadium (wow). They agreed to keep working toward a plan that solved the problem, but it’s very clear MGM Resorts International is not happy.
The meeting ended with the transfer of $1.7 million to the Debt Service Fund that was reported here. There was no discussion of the bond issue or the hotel stadium tax revenue or where it is, or what the stadium’s real cost is – just a presentation of reports that were three months old.
Oakland News Now Note: this post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental mobile media video-blogging system network that’s part of a new approach to the production of media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 onYouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and social media pages. The objective is real-time on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. We are constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Home For Sale At 6690 Outlook Ave Oakland, CA 94605 September 28, 2021
- John Guillory Stars In What Happened to the Black People in Oakland? Part One September 28, 2021
- The Optimistic Oakland A’s Report – 09.26.21 September 28, 2021
- FISHER BLOCK PARTY – Oakland 2021 – 4K September 28, 2021
- Fisher block party (Oakland) 9/25/21 September 28, 2021
- Fisher Block Party Oakland Live Technomusic Experience September 28, 2021
- Britney Spears’ Dad Allegedly Bugged Her Phone and Home September 27, 2021
- Why Jamie Lynn Spears Isn’t As Innocent As She Claims September 27, 2021
- South Carolina Earthquakes – Dr Wendy Rocks Explains Why They Happened Today September 27, 2021
- Parents deny involvement in Brian Laundrie’s disappearance as FBI continues search September 27, 2021
- Howard Terminal Update – Oakland Doesn’t Need Alameda County For TIF, Loren Taylor Town Hall Tonight September 27, 2021
- Coach Gruden Presser | 9.27.21 | Las Vegas Raiders September 27, 2021
- Bay Area Transparency Clashes With Oakland Police At Public Works Annex, Again September 27, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Is QB Derek Carr Leading In The MVP Race Right Now? By Eric Pangilinan September 27, 2021
- Oakland Police YouTube Video – Meet Deputy Chief Drennon Lindsey September 27, 2021
- KTVU’s Dave Clark Reports Sideshow Draws 70 Spectators in Oakland September 27, 2021
- Oakland Dynamites (8U) Big Play Highlights – 09.25.21 September 27, 2021
- With Double Slaying Sunday, Oakland Marks 102 Homicides So Far in 2021 September 27, 2021
- Rapper R Kelly Guilty Of Racketeering Sex Trafficking And Assault Expected To Get Decades In Jail September 27, 2021
- South Carolina Earthquake Today | Magnitude 3.1 earthquake Near Summerville, North Charleston September 27, 2021
- Crete earthquake – Brit tourists terrified as mag-6 quake rocks Greek island September 27, 2021
- WorldView: Earthquake hits Greece; Volcano erupts in Spain’s Canary Islands September 27, 2021
- Magnitude 5.8 earthquake strikes the Greek island of Crete September 27, 2021
- Beck Bennett Leaves SNL Saturday Night Live After Historic 2020, 8 Years – Check His Instagram Page September 27, 2021
- Here’s where Dog the Bounty Hunter thinks Brian Laundrie is September 27, 2021