ONN – Las Vegas Stadium Authority Has Budget Deficit As Of July 2019 Agenda
Filed under: las vegas stadium authority board of directors, las vegas stadium authority jobs, las vegas raiders stadium cam, las vegas stadium live cam, las vegas raiders season tickets, las vegas raiders schedule, las vegas stadium concessions, las vegas stadium suites
The Las Vegas Stadium Authority is running a budget deficit of a quarter-of-a-million-dollars according to the latest report issued before the July 18th meeting of the group formed to build the Oakland Raiders and University of Nevada-Las Vegas new domed stadium.
The overall budget (or expected) revenue is at $111,405,016 versus actual revenue of $111,163,348, for a difference of a negative -$241,669 or two-tenths of one percent.
That marks the first time in the short history of the Las Vegas Stadium Authority that there has been so much of a shortage in expected hotel tax revenue that the organization could not avoid the truth that it was not taking in enough money.
According to the latest report, monthly revenue by jurisdiction is down in the largest areas of Las Vegas Valley represented in the area of hotel tax collection controlled by the Las Vegas Stadium Authority: Clark County, Las Vegas, and Henderson, and at 4.2, 4.5, and 4.1 percent for March when 2019 and March 2018 are compared.
Why Does This Las Vegas Stadium Authority Revenue Problem Exist?
So, why does this Las Vegas Stadium Authority revenue problem exist? The answer is that after a ten-year pattern of year-over-year growth in visitors to Las Vegas, the party happened to stop in 2017, the same year the NFL approved the Raiders to move from Oakland to Sin City, and the same year the Clark County Stadium Hotel Tax started to be collected and tallied.
The Raiders, then, were and still are, the victims of very bad timing. The drop of visitors and the resultant depression in stadium hotel taxes collected was something that was structural.
To put it simply, today, anyone living in any city in America is at most one-hour from a casino. That hurts Las Vegas. Add to that the nose-bleed resort fees, and many Americans have a great incentive to go somewhere else other than Las Vegas to do their gambling. And that fact extends to the rest of the World, and in particular, Asia.
When that’s considered, one would have to agree that to base the financing for the Las Vegas Stadium primarily on hotel taxes and one large private loan from Bank of America is a massive mistake. Indeed, the original financing plan for Las Vegas Stadium was to include a tax-increment-financing zone of 25 miles in diameter, but it was removed from the final legislation because Sheldon Adelson said he would pay for all “cost overruns or unanticipated shortfalls“.
Then, Adelson dropped out of the Las Vegas Stadium project on February 26th, 2017, and after claiming that Oakland Raiders managing partner Mark Davis was trying to double-cross him.
So, while Bank of America stepped in with a $600 million line of credit, it’s money the Raiders have to pay back.
The next question is how will the Las Vegas Stadium Authority Board deal with this problem, now that it’s an obvious problem?
Oakland News Now Note: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network. This is a major part of our new approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Big Oil heads to Washington to discuss climate change, disinformation October 28, 2021
- FREE Sports Betting Picks October 28, 2021|Free NBA Picks Today | NBA Predictions| NBA Picks Tonight October 28, 2021
- Ethel M Cactus Garden returns for the holidays October 28, 2021
- Asia is the epicenter for wealth creation: Citi CEO October 28, 2021
- Day 2 of the Assange extradition hearing October 28, 2021
- As NFL trade deadline nears, one move would signal Packers are all in on Aaron Rodgers October 28, 2021
- 2022 GMC Sierra AT4X vs 2022 Chevrolet Silverado ZR2 October 28, 2021
- Earnings roundup: Caterpillar, Ford, & eBay beat estimates – here’s what this means for the stocks October 28, 2021
- Santa Fe County sheriff discusses ‘Rust’ shooting investigation October 28, 2021
- FDA warns about drug packaged to look like candy October 28, 2021
- Pistons vs. 76ers 10/28/21 FREE NBA Picks and Predictions on NBA Betting Tips for Today October 28, 2021
- Spurs vs. Mavericks 10/28/21 FREE NBA Picks and Predictions on NBA Betting Tips for Today October 28, 2021
- No injuries in fire at low-income housing complex for seniors October 28, 2021
- New details on gun used in fatal shooting on ‘Rust’ set October 28, 2021
- Storm brings tornado and flood threats to South October 28, 2021
- Food Truck Sem Menu I Episódio 04 October 28, 2021
- Braves vs Astros World Series Game 2 Recap | CBS Sports HQ October 28, 2021
- LIVE: New Orleans Saints Interviews 10/28/21 Week 8 vs Tampa Bay Bucs October 28, 2021
- 2021 MLB on FOX World Series Game 2 Intro/Theme October 28, 2021
- Biden To Unveil New Framework For Human Infrastructure Plan October 28, 2021
- FIRST TAKE | Stephen A. “Derek Carr is NFL MVP” as Las Vegas Raiders BEAT Philadelphia Eagles Week 7 October 28, 2021
- Food Truck Sem Menu I Episódio 02 October 28, 2021
- Food Truck Sem Menu I Episódio 03 October 28, 2021
- Attempted kidnapping in Sacramento County: Surveillance video shows man jumping in to help October 28, 2021
- Marine praised for stopping attempted robbery October 28, 2021
- 5 #Short Facts about Happy Corbin! October 28, 2021
- Kroenke In Financial Trouble – Zakaria Linked With Arsenal Move – Leicester Game Is Crucial October 28, 2021
- Full interview: Dan Wallach breaks down the latest drama between NFL, Kroenke in St. Louis lawsuit October 28, 2021
- Could Stan Kroenke be setting stage for NFL’s return to St. Louis? | Pro Football Talk | NBC Sports October 28, 2021
- Final Thoughts: Packers vs. Cardinals October 28, 2021
- Former player with Chicago Blackhawks breaks silence about alleged abuse by coach October 28, 2021
- Why the Alameda County vote was CRITICAL for Howard Terminal Ballpark October 28, 2021
- Delta College creates accelerated program for certified nursing assistants October 28, 2021
- White House announces new framework on spending priorities October 28, 2021
- Mattel CEO Kreiz weighs in on supply chain issues amid holidays October 28, 2021
- Tim Szymanski talks about fire at Arthur McCants Manor October 28, 2021
- The Watchman News – Resurgent – Book Nine In The Borrowed World Series – Franklin Horton Released October 28, 2021
- Biden to meet with House Democrats before departing for Europe October 28, 2021
- Biden set to meet with Pope Francis during visit to Europe October 28, 2021
- Dinosaur To United Nations: ‘Going Extinct Is A Bad Thing’ October 28, 2021