ONN – Las Vegas Raiders Stadium, Sponsors, And Sponsorships Suffer During COVID-19 Pandemic
The Las Vegas Raiders has found 12 “founding partner” sponsors with the help of Legends Entertainment. They include Allegiant Airlines, MGM Resorts, Caesars Entertainment, PPG Paint, Cox Communications, The San Manuel Casino, ROKIT Phones, Intermountain Health, Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling, Twitch, Credit One Bank, and America First Credit Union. While no official number has been released, this blogger estimates the Raiders potential revenue from these sponsorships at $1 billion.
But it’s important to note the use of the words “potential revenue”. The Allegiant Airlines sponsorship deal is said to be worth $400 million over 20 years, or $20 million a year. What’s unknown is how much money is collected when a sponsorship deal is struck, but a window toward the answer to that question was provided in last year’s Las Vegas Stadium Construction Monitor Report.
The Stadium Progress Report dated November 2019 has this note:
LV Stadium Events Company (“StadCo”) submitted its monthly project report on October 31, 2019, providing a general overview of the status of: (1) design planning; (2) the project budget; (3) the construction schedule; (4) permitting, licenses and approvals; (5) compliance with various provisions of Senate Bill 1 and (6) compliance with the provisions of the community benefits plan. StadCo cited no variance in the project schedule or the project budget. StadCo did note that it “will be increasing the Sources as third-party funding commitments are put in place to cover sponsorship and concession fulfillment costs reflected in the Uses.” To date, no such budget augmentations have been requested of the Authority.
That wording “sponsorship and concession fulfillment costs” refers to the need to, for example, put Allegiant Airlines name on the stadium. That was done. But there are a range of signage obligations for a score of sponsors that remain outstanding, in other words, not done.
Thqt could point to a situation where the pandemic accelerates the chance that first sponsorship monies are withheld. For example, it may be that the rush to put the Allegiant Airlines name up was to make sure the first payment of $20 million to the Raiders was made by the airline. Now, comes a report that, because of COVID-19, Allegiant Airlines is losing $2 million each day. In addition to the airline’s losses, the Raiders casino partners are taking massive financial hits.
As noted in reports, MGM Resorts has furloughed 60,000 employees and stopped all shows through May 10th in an effort to save money. The San Manuel Casino is “closed until further notice.” Caesars Entertainment started layoffs, and its acquisition by the Eldorado was put on hold.
On the good news front, ROKIT Phones has announced unlimited free calls through their ROKiT Talk service, for all new and existing customers, for 12 months, and to help cope with the pandemic. And Intermountain Health, Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling, Twitch, Credit One Bank, and America First Credit Union, all appear to be weathering the storm, thus far. But, with Allegiant Airlines and the three casinos in dire straights, there will be cutbacks in sponsorship payments, if only to help dig out of the financial mess COVID-19 has caused. That, in turn, impacts the un-finished Las Vegas Stadium.
Still Las Vegas Stadium Off-Site Infrastructure Improvements Not Done Or Funded
And there are still improvements to streets and roads around Las Vegas Stadium, that need to be started, let alone done. The total cost for that has not been officially released, though, since 2017 and the famous, or infamous, Nevada Department of Transportation report. The one that said the off-site infrastructure improvements would cost $900 million.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Bye Bye New England! INSANE Ending Cowboys vs. Patriots October 18, 2021
- Nation’s Top Cannabis Companies Partner to Deliver Point of Purchase Data on Cannabis Products to Consumers, Manufacturers October 18, 2021
- West Oakland skate park fire October 18, 2021
- Film Study: Derek Carr was incredible for the Las Vegas Raiders Vs the Denver Broncos October 18, 2021
- 1044 Aquarius Way Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale October 18, 2021
- 4601 Grass Valley Rd Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale October 18, 2021
- 30 years since firestorm tore through Oakland hills October 18, 2021
- FIRST TAKE | Stephen A. EXCITED Las Vegas Raiders win vs. Denver Broncos, after Gruden’s resignation October 18, 2021
- Broncos season slipping from grasp after Raiders loss October 18, 2021
- NFL News, Dak Injury, NFL Trade Rumors On Von Miller & Odell Beckham, Cam Newton Destinations + Q&A October 18, 2021
- Best of Stephen Curry’s 2021-2022 Preseason 👌 October 18, 2021
- 49ers News & Rumors: Trade Jimmy Garoppolo For Odell Beckham? Sign Cam Newton? Kendricks Signs w/ SF October 18, 2021
- Is J.T. O’Sullivan Right About 49ers QB Trey Lance October 18, 2021
- Raiders Rumors, Overreaction Monday On Rich Bisaccia, Derek Carr + Winners & Losers vs. Broncos October 18, 2021
- Cal Men’s Basketball: Pac-12 Men’s Basketball Media Day Press Conference October 18, 2021
- Cal Women’s Soccer: Karlie Lema’s late goal gives Cal a 1-0 road win over Utah October 18, 2021
- Falcons News & Rumors: Grady Jarrett Trade Rumors? Josh Andrews Back? Falcons vs Dolphins EASY Win? October 18, 2021
- Mike Golic: Las Vegas Raiders used Broncos game as ‘safe haven’ | Pro Football Talk | NBC Sports October 18, 2021
- Statement from President Barack Obama on the Passing of General Colin Powell October 18, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders | The Jon Gruden Era Is Over In Las Vegas October 18, 2021
- A Retired East Bay Teacher Raised More Than $300K for Schools. Now, He Has a New, Ambitious Goal October 18, 2021
- Colin Powell RIP – Endorsement Of Barack Obama in 2008 Marked Major Change In Black Relations October 18, 2021
- COWBOYS y PATRIOTS luchan hasta el TIEMPO EXTRA | Semana 6 2021 NFL Game Highlights October 18, 2021
- ‘Bloomberg Technology’ Full Show (10/15/2021) October 18, 2021
- Dodgers vs. Braves NLCS Game 2 Highlights (10/17/21) | MLB Highlights October 18, 2021
- Derreck Johnson Runs For Mayor Of Oakland In 2022 Elections October 18, 2021
- Tech Byte – Tech for Tracking MLB Playoffs October 18, 2021
- Hisense | Washing Machine | All in One October 18, 2021
- Hisense X Laser TV | Bring cinema home October 18, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine & My Career | Funky Fridays w/ Cam Newton October 18, 2021