ONN – Las Vegas Raiders New Oakland Coliseum NFL Stadium Concept You Never Saw
This is the Las Vegas Raiders from-when-they-were-the Oakland Raiders New Coliseum NFL Stadium Concept Design and Drawings by MEIS Architects, commissioned by the Las Vegas Raiders / Oakland Raiders in 2016, but never shown to the public.
Except for pages on the MEIS Architects website, there’s no record of any news organization showing this to a public audience, save for Zennie62Media. The reason for this one can only guess is because the Raiders didn’t want anyone to see it. Full post: https://oaklandnewsnow.com/2018/12/17/oakland-raiders-new-coliseum-nfl-stadium-concept-you-never-saw/
Moreover, a look at the MEIS Architects website coding for the webpage on the Raiders reveals a note that says “dan-meis-2018” – that means the website page was installed in this year, even though the project was done for the Oakland Raiders in 2016.
Which brings up a lot of questions.
Did the NFL see this? Did the Mayor of Oakland see it? Who has seen it, and why did they cover up its existence?
MEIS Architects wrote this to introduce the design study effort:
“Design study for a 75,000 seat NFL Stadium for the Oakland Raiders. In an effort to retain the Raiders in the Oakland Market, MEIS was engaged to design a cost-effective state of the art stadium. The design embodies the brand of the Raiders in a structurally expressive design in black steel and silver metal panels.
Location: Oakland, CA USA
Client: Oakland Raiders
Size: 75,000 seats
Project Type: Stadium, Sports-Anchored Districts, Interior Design and Branding, Sponsor Integration & Activation”
So, this was made in 2016, and would seem to answer the question I asked Alameda County Supervisor Nate Miley about a new stadium in 2016. Miley told me that he had seen drawings for a new Raiders Stadium at the team’s headquarters. Miley said that it looked a little “like the Seattle Stadium.” Indeed, one of the concepts shown on the MEIS website was for a stadium in Oakland that looked a lot like CenturyLink Stadium it its design. But the MEIS Architects design never saw the eye of the public until now, and when they put up the web-page, this year, 2018.
Even then, as noted in the livestream, the MEIS Architects website does not list the Oakland Raiders Stadium Design Study in its menu list of projects, and that includes NFL stadiums in Los Angeles and in San Diego. So, why was this covered up?
This blogger will offer one speculation: that the Raiders may not have wanted the NFL to know it had a plan for Oakland. That way, the Raiders could invent the idea that there was no Oakland plan, and that Las Vegas had the only plan.
It also helps to explain why Larry McNeil, who the Oakland Raiders hired as their stadium point person in 2016, is now nowhere to be seen. It’s hard to find out what happened to him, or who he’s working for now. Why?
This marks a new development in this ongoing and messy saga of the Oakland Raiders quest for a new stadium, and what they did to wind up becoming the Las Vegas Raiders.
UPDATE: The Oakland Raiders has the plan done in secret. It was secretly ordered by an Alameda county official at the Raiders request in 2016 and then sent to the Raiders organization. Claudia Cappio, who was then Oakland CAO, was in the meeting at Raiders HQ, as was one other person who’s name I can’t yet reveal until they say it’s OK. This is not the Floyd Kephart plan. Floyd was removed from the project by Mayor Schaaf in 2015.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Berkeley Councilmember Ben Bartlett Says FAA Threatens City’s Skies
- President Biden, First Lady, Vice President Harris Statements On Walter Mondale’s Passing
- Oakland A’s Road Warrior Ways Produce 8-Game Win Streak, 9-7 Record
- City of Oakland, Partners, Welcome New Brooklyn Basin Affordable Housing Units Residents
- VP Kamala Harris On Diplomacy With Mexico Northern Triangle Countries During Press Gaggle
- Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings | Official Teaser
- Oakland Schools News: OEA & OUSD Reach Tentative Agreement On 21-22 School Year Calendar
- Rusty Hardin, Deshaun Watson Lawyer, Asserts Client’s Innocence In Statement After Filing Response
- WhereDoWeGoOakland Is An Oakland Success By Derrick Soo
- Texans QB Deshaun Watson Answer To 22 Tony Buzbee Lawsuits Details Lies, Money Grab
- First Flight of the Ingenuity Mars Helicopter: Live from Mission Control
- LIVE: Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team — 4/19/21
- WHITE HOUSE LIVE CAM – Washington D.C. | USA | earthTV®
- USS Oakland (LCS-24) Commissioning Ceremony
- Capolow Talks Oakland, The Bay Area, Having His Own Strain, Signing To Cinematic
- USS Oakland (LCS 24) Joins the Fleet
- Daunte Wright and Adam Toledo Protest – Oakland 4/16
- Oakland A’s 2021 Final Out and Win Celebration VS Detroit Tigers 4/17/21
- Oakland Pre-K Through 6th Grade Classes Set to Reopen Monday
- Port of Oakland Drone Flight 4K