ONN – Las Vegas Allegiant Stadium Roof Problem Bigger Than Oakland Raiders Admit
Citizen Journalist Tina Quizon is the star of this livestream talk about Oakland Raiders Las Vegas Allegiant Stadium. She reports that there were workers who wished to remain unnamed, but claim there were problems with the bolts used in stadium construction.
Out at the construction site for the new @nfl @raiders Allegiant Stadium were I following up on allegations of flaws with the bolts being installed on some of the structural areas in Las Vegas https://t.co/aTsKBaulOt
— Tina Quizon (@TinaQuizon) November 12, 2019
Ms. Tina Quizon also wrote this to me:
Tina Quizon: I will try to find out more but folks are afraid to talk any further then the original allegations told to me in fear of retaliation, especially after the New Orleans Hard rock hotel incident ….workers tried to tell of usage conditions prior and were meant with hostility & now harassment from GOVT …from what I was able to gather it happened about the week or two before my arrival on the 9th of Nov. but will try to reach back out to get more details of the location of the small collapse … many construction company’s been using inferior steel, rebar and bolts from China .. could be the cause here also ..
And it has been reported that Las Vegas and this project has been short on skilled steel workers and skilled steel welders …
So it adds to the possibly of structural integrity problem …and if the Allegient Stadium is doing some first in designs then the concepts have not been previously tried and proven as sound.
In the livestream, we go back to the June 15, 2019 report on Oakland News Now, where Jedi Rich and Jedi Joy reported on the problem with an incorrectly installed truss, and they wrote that “As of Friday morning, the truss was on the ground. The bolts were not fitting right. It was a big deal, because they got it almost set and then had to bring it back down. This causes a lot of people wasted time for the crew.”
Afterward, it was assumed that the “bolts were not fitting right” problem was solved, but according to Tina, and putting two stories together, it seems that it may not have been fixed.
I write that, because Oakland Raiders Chief Operating Officer Don Webb did not explain why the roof structure lift was delayed to December – only that it was delayed to December 2019. His explanation that the roof was not on the schedule “critical path” was even more confusing when he said to the Review Journal that ““Moving the cable up and out of the way in order for the cranes to come in to place the rest of the 800 pieces of precast seating was vitally important,” Webb said. “The cable net being up and out of the way let us bring in excavation equipment and move this dirt and to be able to work on the rail system (for the retractable field tray), underground utilities and the concrete slab itself. Now that the cable is up and out of the way it really is no longer significant in terms of the current schedule’s critical path.””
Then, the Review Journal author added “That said, at some point leading up to July 31, every task has the potential of becoming part of the critical path.” So, since Webb must have been the source of that take, the roof problem spells potential trouble. It’s like the bent over backwards not to say there was a problem.
In closing, the other new news is the Oakland Raiders Coliseum Stadium Rent will be the same as the previous year, should the Raiders chose to activate the lease option to play at the Oakland Coliseum in 2020, rather than Las Vegas Stadium.
Stay tuned and read about Insight Terminal Solutions here.
Note from Oakland News Now Technical: this video-blog post shows the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. The main system is a major part of Zennie62Media’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. There, an uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. This part allows rapid conversion of YouTube videos from any source channel (with permission and from Zennie62 on YouTube) to Oakland News Now blog posts. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Timeline of disappearance of Gabby Petito September 19, 2021
- Saints Loss To Panthers Because Coaches Weren’t Prepared, Left Jameis Winston With Bad Game Plan September 19, 2021
- Oakland, CA – Random BAY AREA ROAD TRIP VLOG w Best Fren Lolo! – IamLindaElaine September 19, 2021
- Body Found In Gabby Petito Search Effort In Wyoming – Update September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Upset Win vs Pittsburgh Steelers 26 – 17, Derek Carr On 7,000 Yd Pace For 2021 September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders QB Derek Carr Last Two Games Has 817 Total Passing Yards By Eric Pangilinan September 19, 2021
- Raiders Live: Postgame Pressers – 9.19.21 | Week 2 | Las Vegas Raiders September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders 2-0 Henry Ruggs III Stepped It Up In Week Two By Eric Pangilinan September 19, 2021
- Golden Bears earn first win of season in 42-30 victory over Hornets September 19, 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | September 19, 2021. 10am September 19, 2021
- LIVE: Saints-Panthers Postgame Show Week 2 | 2021 NFL September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Alex Leatherwood Out For 2nd Half With Injury By Joseph Armendariz September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Offensive Line Struggles In First Half At Steelers By Joseph Armendariz September 19, 2021
- Saints At Panthers – Will Jameis Winston Run Sean Payton’s Mike Martz Passing Approach? September 19, 2021
- Raiders vs Steelers Game Betting Prediction – Take Pittsburgh Give Points To Las Vegas September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts 8th Grade Promotion 2021 September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts Class 2021 Graduation September 19, 2021
- Twenty-Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time – Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes – Oakland – September 12th, 2021 September 19, 2021
- Best Nursing Schools in Oakland, California, United States September 19, 2021
- #1 Alabama vs #11 Florida: Extended Highlights | CBS Sports HQ September 19, 2021
- Nick Saban talks Alabama’s win vs. Florida | ESPN College Football September 19, 2021
- UCLA vs. Fresno State Postgame Press Conference After Upset Loss To Fresno State September 19, 2021
- Fresno State stuns No. 13 UCLA after an unforgettable fourth quarter September 19, 2021
- Ben Bartlett Berkeley City Council Member on “Democracy and Defending our Civil Rights” September 19, 2021
- Berkeley’s Homeless Crisis with Ben Bartlett Berkeley City Council Member September 19, 2021