L.A. Rams DT Sebastian Joseph-Day Releases Op-ed Demanding Equal Education Reform
L.A. Rams Player and Member of Players Coalition Highlights Importance of Racial Justice Beginning with Our Schools
Los Angeles – Los Angeles Rams nose tackle Sebastian Joseph-Day published an op-ed on Medium demanding equal education for all children regardless of race or economic status. As an active member of Players Coalition, Joseph-Day discusses the relationship between the lack of educational funding in low-income communities and systemic oppression. He urges the United States Senate and the Administration to team up with the House to pass the HEROES provisions to address education inequities and the digital divide.
Joseph-Day wrote, “This past week has been a tough one for the African-American community and in America as a whole. I’ve been thinking long and hard about the systemic oppression that has consumed this country…What this country fails to realize is that systemic oppression is so deep that it is running within our school systems. The fact is, low-income communities are not getting the same amount of resources and opportunities that other schools are getting.”
COVID-19 has not made closing the educational gap any easier. Schools across the nation have turned to using online platforms to teach children of all ages. Joseph-Day points out that before the coronavirus outbreak nonwhite school districts already receive $23 Billion less than white districts and now that students are at home, children from low-income communities do not have access to the same learning resources.
Sebastian Joseph-Day is a member of Players Coalition which is a foundation that works with athletes, coaches and owners across leagues to improve social justice and racial equality in our country. Recently, Joseph-Day took part in signing a letter to Congress, alongside 1,400 other athletes, coaches and front office personnel urging passage of the Ending Qualified Immunity Act, also known as the Amash-Pressley Act. The bill, introduced by Representatives Justin Amash (L-MI) and Ayanna Pressley (D-MA), would help restore the public trust in government and law enforcement by ending qualified immunity for public officials, including police officers.
About Sebastian Joseph-Day:
Sebastian Joseph-Day is a nose tackle for the Los Angeles Rams of the National Football League. Before being selected in the 2018 draft, Joseph-Day played for Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey. With a Bachelor’s degree in Media Studies and Journalism, Joseph-Day is pursuing a Master’s Degree in Labor Studies. As a member of the Players Coalition, Sebastian is actively helping the community with education and economic advancement. This 2020 football season will be Joseph-Day’s third season with the Rams.
About Players Coalition
Players Coalition is an independent 501(c)(3) (charity) and 501(c)(4) (advocacy) organization, working with professional athletes, coaches and owners across leagues to improve social justice and racial equality in our country.
This post based on a press release from Players Coalition to Zennie62Media, Inc.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Councilmember Nikki Fortunato Bas’ Heartfelt Newsletter To The Black Community
- Cryptocurrency Market Crash Based On Questionable U.S. Treasury Crackdown Rumor
- Redefine Quartet from McAlester, OK live at Oakland Full Gospel Holiness Church in Oakland, OK
- Upcoming Events at Allen Temple Baptist Church Oakland for the week of 4/18/21
- Shooting at the Gallery Art Bar in Oakland, Ca
- Oakland Police Possibly To Arrest Me For Protest – By Derrick Soo
- Oakland News Now at OaklandNewsNow.com Is The Most Advanced Active News Blog Website Ever In Oakland
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft V2 Livestream By Zennie62Media For April 17th
- Former Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris On ESPN 30-For-30 Raiders Al Davis vs. NFL – The Aftermath
- Elihu Harris Former Oakland Mayor On ESPN 30-For-30, “Al Davis Versus The NFL”
- Walk Down MacArthur Blvd To Grand Av In Oakland Adams Point Made Into Instagram Art
- Oakland Marriott City Center Has Striking Mural Of Young Black Girl At Play That’s Amazing
- Detroit Tigers vs Oakland Athletics Highlights April 16, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Peaceful Demonstration Over Deadly Police Shootings Turns Violent in Oakland
- Demonstration in Oakland to Protest Police Shootings Turns Violent
- Kevin Samuels And Kevin Durant Use White-Owned Social Media To Say Bad Things About Black Folks
- Oakland NAACP Response to District Curriculum Adoption Recommendation.
- COVID-19 Vaccine At Dodger Stadium – By Joseph Armendariz
- The Alley Cat Bar In Oakland At 3325 Grand Avenue To Reopen Thursday April 22 2021
- Erica Chapman Makeup Artist In Deshaun Watson Lawsuit Poses Prostitute Problem For Tony Buzbee