Oakland News Now – The Oakland Raiders traded star Khalil Mack to the Chicago Bears, and the Bears were not only willing to give up two first round picks in 2019 and 2020, but also pay Mack $141 million and a $90 million guaranteed check.
At his Sunday Press Conference, Oakland Raiders Head Coach Jon Gruden remarked that the Raiders didn’t want to match a $90 million guarantee, sending the obvious signal that the coach who was signed for $100 million guaranteed money did not feel the best defensive end in the NFL was worth as much as he was as an unproven head coach, 10 years removed from the NFL.
The Raiders also release E.J. Manuel, and brought in AJ McCarron, who haa no experience in Gruden’s newly installed offense. At the Raiders Press Conference, Gruden said that they are counting on Derek Carr to remain healthy. So, if the Rams happen to injure Carr Monday night of next week – AJ McCarron would come in as the starter who has no real knoweldge and experience in preseason or training camp of the playbook.
The Raiders were not able to sign Mack, but they found $100 million for Jon Gruden and found $135 million for Derek Carr. The Raiders got rid of Martavius Bryant and Gruden had remarked that he was not picking up the playbook. Basically he said ““He’s got to get out here and play better,” Gruden said. “He’s in a competitive situation. Right now, a lot of the other receivers have had a nice camp. He’s just got to learn the offense. He’s got to stay out here. He’s had some illnesses. He’s got to get on the field. He’s got to master the offense and become more versatile, and that’s the key to making this team better.” Gruden basically implied that Bryant wasn’t adept at abstract thinking enough to pick up his offense, rather than asking if his teaching ways were good enough for what Bryant needed. He basically insulted a black guys’ smarts.
Do the Raiders have an issue with valuing black players and paying them top dollar. With Mack, the question is, why did the Raiders fail to find money to pay him? That’s not Gruden’s fault, but his words were that the Raiders executives were all on the same page and it was the right decision. In reality, the Raiders must be compared to other teams, like the Dallas Cowboys, who were able to make new and innovative sponsorship deals to get, in the Cowboys case, Deion Sanders.
When was the last time the Raiders opened the books and paid a player who was black top money? That was the talk on the Zennie62 Livestream.
Oakland City Council Candidate Joe Tanios Calls Oakland Corrupt In Rant
Also I called Joseph Tanios my friend who celebrated his birthday today. He’s also running for Oakland City Council District Four.
Tanios, to my surprise, launched into a rant, accusing Oakland of being corrupt, and specifically named the Mayor of Oakland, and others – not by actual name, but by position. I will break out that part of the video for presentation later in the week.
Oakland News Now Note: this post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental mobile media video-blogging system network that’s part of a new approach to the production of media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 onYouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and social media pages. The objective is real-time on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. We are constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Black Business Roundtable hosted by Oakland’s Own Doug Blacksher
- How The 49ers vs Raiders Preseason Games Restarted When The Silver And Black Returned To Oakland
- Rusty Hardin Says Tony Buzbee Deshaun Watson Settlement Not Happening Talk Is Ironic
- Mads Mikkelsen And Anders Jensen Blockbuster Interview With Zennie62Media’s Jessica Dwyer
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Seeks To Drown A’s Fans In Water At Coliseum
- Mads Mikkelsen Oscars: Mads Mikkelsen, Anders Jensen, Riders Of Justice Interview: Jessica Dwyer
- Oakland Schools: OUSD 2021 Classified School Employees Of The Year
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Statement On Restart of Colonial Pipeline And Continued Federal Government Efforts To Mitigate Impacts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In Relocation Talks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick
- City Of Oakland Eviction Moratorium Not Impacted By Federal Ruling
- RaceTrac Fayetteville Ga Gas Pumps Out Of Gas Except Diesel Due To Cyberattack
- 2021 NFL Schedule Revealed On NFL Network’s Schedule Release 21 Show
- NFL Gives Nine Social Justice Programs $2.5 Million
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back With Bike Oakland: Bancroft And International
- Rockets Kill 2 Israelis, Airstrikes Kill 28 In Gaza | MSNBC
- Crocker Highlands Mid-Century, Oakland, CA, 94610
- Violent Israeli-Palestinian Unrest Kills At Least 33 | The 11th Hour
- MLB tells Oakland A’s to start exploring other cities
- Team Coverage: Major League Baseball Greenlights Oakland A’s To Consider Relocating