Jovanka Beckles is stacking up more and more support across California AD 15. On Saturday, August 25, Beckles received the endorsement of the John George Democratic Club. “I’m greatly honored!” Jovanka said. “John George was the first African-American elected to the Alameda County Board of Supervisors. For more than 30 years he fought for civil rights and dignity for all, and I’ll be proud to carry on his fight in Sacramento.”
Jovanka Beckles Gets Wellstone Democratic Renewal Club Endorsement
Then, on Sunday, she swamped her opponent at the Wellstone Democratic Renewal Club endorsement meeting. The counts are still being tallied for the multitude of races, but for AD15, Jovanka was unofficially reported to have garnered more than 70% of the vote. The Wellstone Club is the largest Democratic club in the East Bay.
“This proves that our people-powered, corporate-money-free campaign is really a movement and its time has come!” Beckles said. “I’m so grateful to have earned the Wellstone endorsement. The East Bay has always led the way in bold, progressive ideas—and with your support I’ll keep that tradition alive as your Assemblywoman for #AD15.”
On Monday, August 27 came the news that AFSCME Council 57 solely endorsed Jovanka for the AD15 race. Council 57 is comprised of 23 local unions representing 27,000 members throughout Northern California and the Central Valley.
Then there is the powerful endorsement of Shirley Dean, mayor of Berkeley 1994-2002 – “That’s a lot of years of wisdom and I’m humbly grateful!” said Beckles.
And during the previous week members of the East Bay Jewish community gathered to share ideas with Jovanka about maintaining open and constructive communication among the East Bay’s diverse communities. “I was especially moved to hear their opinions about the prejudices that many of us face,” Beckles said. After that meeting she received the personal endorsements of Michael Saxe-Taller, Executive Director, Kehilla Synagogue, and Ruth Atkins, former Mayor and City Councilmember, Emeryville.
“My new endorsements follow the pattern of being from people who are deeply ensconced in our community and care passionately about the people’s concerns,” Beckles said.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Crash on 8th and Henry, April 24, 2021
- Port of Oakland Feature: Voices of Key Stakeholders
- Ms Talmera Richardson speaks at OUSD Board Meeting 2/24/21
- Tampa Bay Rays vs Oakland Athletics Highlights May 7, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Ford F250 on Forgiatos in Oakland California
- 2020 Ford Mustang GT Coupe Hayward Newark San Jose Oakland Pleasanton Union City
- Blue Shield Of California Provides $300,000 To Support Communities Of Color
- Terrell Owens On Dallas Cowboys QB, NFL Draft Asked At 2016 Night Of 100 Stars Oscars Party
- Lou Ferrigno Talks “Instant Death” Movie At 2016 Night Of 100 Stars Oscars Party
- Patrick Warburton National Car Rental Spokesman At 2016 Night Of 100 Stars Oscars Party
- Christopher McDonald On His Favorite Roles – Asked At 2016 Night Of 100 Stars Oscars Party
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home – Full YouTube Movie At Oakland News Now
- Oakland Planning Commission Hearing On 410 20th St Thomas Berkley Way Tall Building May 5th 2021
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back: Bike Oakland: Foothill Commute Route Loop A Year Later
- Zennie62 YouTube Gets Live Shout Out From Steven Campbell On Not Leaving Las Vegas Channel
- Las Vegas Live on a Friday – The Positive Vibes Livestream By Steven Campbell
- Looks Like Oakland Lake Merritt Racists From Nextdoor Have Migrated To Facebook
- Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf Proposes $3.85 Billion “Just Recovery Budget”
- VP Kamala Harris Meets With Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador – Remarks
- VAX LIVE Concert To Reunite America And Encourage Vaccine Equity Stars Harry And Meghan