Another environmental endorsement! I am beyond gratified that 350 Bay Area Action has joined today with seven local and statewide environmental action organizations to endorse my campaign to represent Assembly District 15 in Sacramento. 350 Bay Area Action promotes aggressive, science-based action. I am honored to be endorsed by many environmental groups because of my demonstrated commitment to do something, now.
We are coming together to march and fight to save our beloved earth! But it’s getting late. Our air and our water are crying out! We have to do something. I’ll be marching Saturday at the 350 Rising Action rally in San Francisco! Come join us!
AD 15, one of the most progressive in California, encompasses East Bay towns from Hercules to North Oakland, Piedmont and Montclair – home to one of the Bay Area’s five refineries and two ports. I have been working hard to support local environmental justice advocates to:
• Keep a planned coal export terminal out of Oakland;
• Shut down a coal and petcoke export terminal in Richmond;
• Secure a comprehensive, thorough remediation of the extensively polluted Zeneca site on Richmond’s Southeast Shoreline next to the Bay Trail.
I run corporate-free. Billionaires and corporations buy elections to maintain their own power, sabotaging working people’s interests. I have never taken contributions from corporations or billionaires and never will.
A children’s mental health professional with nearly eight years’ service on the Richmond City Council, I am backed by Our Revolution, the national network of progressive groups that grew out of Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign. I also have earned endorsements from the Sierra Club, California Environmental Justice Alliance (CEJA) Action, Asian Pacific Environmental Network (APEN) Action, Communities for a Better Environment (CBE) Action, California League of Conservation Voters (CLCV), and Sunflower Alliance.
For complete list of my endorsements—which includes more than 50 national, state, and regional unions, political action organizations, student organizations, and political parties—visit my website at www.jovanka.org.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders: Running BackTrey Ragas Waived By The Raiders But Why? By Joseph Armendariz September 28, 2021
- Three earthquakes near Charleston, South Carolina September 28, 2021
- Home For Sale At 6690 Outlook Ave Oakland, CA 94605 September 28, 2021
- John Guillory Stars In What Happened to the Black People in Oakland? Part One September 28, 2021
- The Optimistic Oakland A’s Report – 09.26.21 September 28, 2021
- FISHER BLOCK PARTY – Oakland 2021 – 4K September 28, 2021
- Fisher block party (Oakland) 9/25/21 September 28, 2021
- Fisher Block Party Oakland Live Technomusic Experience September 28, 2021
- Britney Spears’ Dad Allegedly Bugged Her Phone and Home September 27, 2021
- Why Jamie Lynn Spears Isn’t As Innocent As She Claims September 27, 2021
- South Carolina Earthquakes – Dr Wendy Rocks Explains Why They Happened Today September 27, 2021
- Parents deny involvement in Brian Laundrie’s disappearance as FBI continues search September 27, 2021
- Howard Terminal Update – Oakland Doesn’t Need Alameda County For TIF, Loren Taylor Town Hall Tonight September 27, 2021
- Coach Gruden Presser | 9.27.21 | Las Vegas Raiders September 27, 2021
- Bay Area Transparency Clashes With Oakland Police At Public Works Annex, Again September 27, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Is QB Derek Carr Leading In The MVP Race Right Now? By Eric Pangilinan September 27, 2021
- Oakland Police YouTube Video – Meet Deputy Chief Drennon Lindsey September 27, 2021
- KTVU’s Dave Clark Reports Sideshow Draws 70 Spectators in Oakland September 27, 2021
- Oakland Dynamites (8U) Big Play Highlights – 09.25.21 September 27, 2021
- With Double Slaying Sunday, Oakland Marks 102 Homicides So Far in 2021 September 27, 2021
- Rapper R Kelly Guilty Of Racketeering Sex Trafficking And Assault Expected To Get Decades In Jail September 27, 2021
- South Carolina Earthquake Today | Magnitude 3.1 earthquake Near Summerville, North Charleston September 27, 2021
- Crete earthquake – Brit tourists terrified as mag-6 quake rocks Greek island September 27, 2021
- WorldView: Earthquake hits Greece; Volcano erupts in Spain’s Canary Islands September 27, 2021
- Magnitude 5.8 earthquake strikes the Greek island of Crete September 27, 2021