Jovanka Beckles’s endorsements to represent Assembly District 15 continue to astound!
In the last week, she received endorsements from:
$ Author and environmental pioneer Frances Moore Lappé;
$ LGBTQ-oriented Bay Area Reporter newspaper;
$ Massive public employee union AFSCME California;
$ East Bay Young Democrats;
$ Black Young Democrats of the East Bay;
$ Rainbow PAC – the political action committee of the Rainbow Chamber of Commerce headquartered in Sacramento.
Renowned author and ecology activist Frances Moore Lappé, co-founder, Small Planet Institute wrote the path-breaking 1971 book Diet for a Small Planet drawing wide attention to the ecologically destructive nature of the American food production system and presented a holistic vegetarian alternative. Joining the California Sierra Club, seven additional environmental organizations and other environmental leaders, Lappé plans to help publicize Beckles’ continuing commitment to respond to East Bay, California’s and national environmental challenges.
Then the Beckles campaign received notification from massive public employees’ union AFSCME California that she had earned its statewide endorsement.
“My @AFSCME brothers and sisters care for the sick, keep our cities clean and safe, educate our kids, and so much more. I’m so grateful for your support!,” Jovanka declared.
The Bay Area Reporter’s long editorial favoring Jovanka included this:
We admire Beckles because she stands up for her principles and her community. The 15th Assembly District is one of the most progressive in the state, and . . . Beckles has broad support. In fact, most of her primary challengers have endorsed her. . . .
Beckles is an outspoken leader, and in today’s charged political climate, that’s an asset . . . . Democrats in the Legislature run the gamut from moderate to progressive. We need a strong, progressive voice for the under-represented, including LGBTs, and particularly, trans women of color in the East Bay. Beckles will use the Assembly seat to fight for everyone in her district.
More locally, Jovanka received notification of endorsement by both the East Bay Young Democrats and the Black Young Democrats of the East Bay, adding to her broad, diverse, progressive and youthful support base.
“I’m honored that these young people who are very particular have endorsed me. All of our futures are at stake, and they’re in it for the long haul. I look forward to working with them in Sacramento!”
The Rainbow Chamber of Commerce Political Action Committee RainbowPAC, headquartered in Sacramento, also decided Jovanka’s the way for AD 15 to go! RainbowPAC supports candidates and promotes legislation supportive of small business and economic development and that uphold the principles of diversity, inclusion and equal rights for all Californians.
Environmentalists, a regional newspaper, youthful political activists, statewide workers and inclusive small businesses – the broad range of Jovanka’s support continues to broaden all in one week!
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- KTVU’s Frank Somerville Suspended For Good – Not Over Gabby Petito Social Media Debate Says Rich Lieberman September 25, 2021
- Free Football Pick UCLA Bruins vs Stanford Cardinal Prediction, 9/25/2021 College Football Best Bet September 25, 2021
- Stanford Football: UCLA Motivational September 25, 2021
- Washington vs Cal 9/25/21 Free College Football Picks and Predictions Week 4 2021 September 25, 2021
- Mail thieves caught on camera in Oakland September 25, 2021
- Home For Sale – 2364 E 16th St Oakland, CA 94601 September 25, 2021
- 2018 SUBARU Outback Walnut Creek, San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley, Vallejo J3219216 September 25, 2021
- Brian Laundrie search: INSIDE motel where Gabby Petito’s fiancé stayed after the traffic stop September 25, 2021
- Oakland Residents Starting to Inquire About Getting COVID Boosters September 25, 2021
- Houston Astros vs Oakland Athletics Highlights September 24, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021 September 25, 2021
- Rep. Lauren Boebert Paid Rent, Utilities With Campaign Funds, Filing Shows September 25, 2021
- Kroger Fayetteville GA Store’s Produce Bag Dispensers Placed Too High To Reach September 25, 2021
- TOP 15 YouTube Mistakes Small YouTubers Make – Why Your Channel Isn’t Growing September 25, 2021
- Palo Alto woman accused of starting Fawn Fire allegedly had lighter in her pocket: DA September 25, 2021
- PG&E charged in Zogg Fire that killed 4 last year September 25, 2021
- The Road to 3-0, Dolphins’ Change at QB and More Storylines Heading Into Week 3 | Raiders | NFL September 25, 2021
- Shaquille O’Neal’s Credit Card was Declined at Walmart September 25, 2021
- NBA players flirting with officials September 25, 2021
- Little Italy – Standoff ends with man almost hitting pedestrians September 25, 2021
- Search for Brian Laundrie continues Saturday after false-alarm at the family house September 25, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Running Back Josh Jacobs And Richie Incognito Still Injured By Eric Pangilinan September 24, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders ESPN Named QB Derek Carr The Most Underappreciated In The NFL By Eric Pangilinan September 24, 2021
- Frank Somerville Of KTVU Suspended For Gabby Petito Social Media Comments He Told Blogger Richard Lieberman September 24, 2021
- Cam Jordan on Mac Jones, Belichick’s Offense | New Orleans Saints September 24, 2021
- Jameis Winston on Sean Payton & Bill Belichick | New Orleans Saints September 24, 2021