Jovanka Beckles, Richmond Councilmember and California Assembly District 15 Candidate, issued the following statement on the election:
As the ballots continue to be counted, we are celebrating our victory in bringing together an unprecedented coalition of community, labor, environmental, LGBTQ and national political organizations in our East Bay movement to put people over profit.
Our dynamic campaign by and for working people has taken on many of the wealthiest and most powerful players in the Democratic Party establishment. No matter where the final count rests, we will continue to strengthen and expand this movement for a California for the many, not the few. With urgency, we will face the plight of our planet and an increasingly unequal society that desperately needs immediate solutions. We will continue to bring hundreds and thousands of working people into political action for the first time.
We respect and appreciate every single vote and all of the workers and volunteers who engaged in the voting efforts. Every vote deserves to be counted. Every voice in Assembly District 15 deserves to be heard, regardless of the ultimate outcome. For that reason we will await the full accounting of the votes before we make a final statement.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Carroll Fife, District 3 Oakland Councilmember, Talks Housing And Homeless Problems With Experts
- Mandela Station At West Oakland BART Shows New City In City
- Self-Service Buffets Return To Las Vegas Strip
- Dogecoin Cools After Week Of Dramatic Growth Ahead Of Elon Musk On SNL
- Oakland Police Department On Unsolved Homicide Of Henry Texada
- Oakland Police Captain Jones With Ceasefire, Captain Holmgren Talk Violent Crime
- Mass Vaccination Site at Oakland Coliseum Closing
- Leigh Steinberg Talks NFL Post 2021 Draft – Will COVID-19 Be The Same Problem As 2020?
- Carroll Fife Oakland District 3 Councilmember On Housing, Homelessness, and Reform
- This Bullying Oakland Mayor Schaaf Has Gone Too Far – Terrorizing Libby As Evil As Police Brutality
- SpaceX’s Starship SN15 Makes First Landing Without Exploding
- John Jones Has A Major Surprise For Oakland California Friends, Politicians
- Oakland Planning Commission Approved Giant 415 20th Skyscraper Ignores Homeless – Thomas Berkeley?
- Oakland Planning Commission Meets Livestream On 415 20th, The Tallest Building In Oakland, If Built
- Oakland And San Francisco Hire California Movers USA For Your Next Relocation
- 415 20th Street Will Be Oakland’s Tallest Building, Draw 3,800 Employees – Planning Commission Says It Has No Impact
- Oakland Lacrosse Club, Oakland Athletic League, OUSD Partner For Girls Lacrosse League
- Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow: The Futurism Of Walt Disney
- Weather Forecast Oakland, California 05/05/2021
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back With: Bike Oakland Ride To The New Ghost Town