As a mental health professional for Contra Costa County, I take public health very seriously. And that includes making sure everyone’s kids get the vaccines they need.
Here are the facts about where I stand on vaccines:
In 2015, the California legislature passed SB277, ending personal belief exemptions from vaccination requirements for entry into public schools. I support this law.
Vaccination for children should be mandatory except for those who are immuno-compromised or have other medical conditions.
The epidemiological evidence is clear: vaccination programs have saved millions of people from sickness and death. Community immunity depends on the vast majority of people being vaccinated.
Anyone who refuses a vaccine is increasing the danger for those who cannot be safely vaccinated.
Bottom line: the debate is over. Vaccines are safe, and they work.
To read my plan to bring healthcare—including vaccines—to all Californians, go to https://www.jovanka.org/healthcare.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But A Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele
- Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds
- Amtrak Capital Corridor #527 train Southbound at The Oakland Coliseum Amtrak Station 4KHD
- More Oakland Unified Elementary Students Return to School
- The Sounds Of Oakland: The OPD Engagement Of The 2021 Protest Season
- 11370 Golf Links Road, Oakland, CA | Michael and Nicole Wilhelm, Compass
- Oakland Vigil & Protest for Daunte Wright & Adam Toledo 4/16/2021
- Berkeley Councilmember Ben Bartlett Says FAA Threatens City’s Skies
- President Biden, First Lady, Vice President Harris Statements On Walter Mondale’s Passing
- Oakland A’s Road Warrior Ways Produce 8-Game Win Streak, 9-7 Record
- City of Oakland, Partners, Welcome New Brooklyn Basin Affordable Housing Units Residents
- VP Kamala Harris On Diplomacy With Mexico Northern Triangle Countries During Press Gaggle
- Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings | Official Teaser
- Oakland Schools News: OEA & OUSD Reach Tentative Agreement On 21-22 School Year Calendar
- Rusty Hardin, Deshaun Watson Lawyer, Asserts Client’s Innocence In Statement After Filing Response
- WhereDoWeGoOakland Is An Oakland Success By Derrick Soo