Oakland Raiders Josh Jacobs is NFL Rookie of The Year Finalist!
The National Football League announced that Oakland Raiders Running Back Josh Jacobs was one of the five finalists for NFL Rookie of The Year. Ah, excuse me, The National Football League today announced the five finalists for the 2019 PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR award – one of them is former Alabama and now Oakland Raiders Running Back Josh Jacobs! Vote for Josh Jacobs as NFL Rookie of The Year, here: http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2019/YEAR/0
Starting today, fans can vote for one of these five players on NFL.com/rookies through Monday, January 20 at 3:00 PM ET to determine the 2019 PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR.
The 2019 PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR award will be recognized in Miami during Super Bowl LIV festivities and online at NFL.com/rookies.
The five finalists were selected for their outstanding performances through the 2019 NFL season. Each week, five nominees were chosen for the Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week and fans voted for the winner on NFL.com. Those results were used to help determine the finalists.
A closer look at the 2019 PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR finalists:
Oakland Raiders RB Josh Jacobs
Jacobs led all rookies with 1,150 rushing yards and seven rushing touchdowns, while his 1,316 scrimmage yards led all AFC rookies in 2019. Jacobs surpassed Pro Football Hall of Famer Marcus Allen (697 in 1982) for the most rushing yards by a rookie in team history. This season, Jacobs also became the first rookie since Cincinnati’s Ickey Woods (1988) to have at least two rushing touchdowns in three of his first eight career games.
San Francisco 49ers DE Nick Bosa
A 2020 Pro Bowl selection, Bosa set a rookie franchise record with 16 tackles for loss, in addition to nine sacks in 2019. He began the season with seven sacks in his first seven games, tied for the second-most by a player in his first seven games since 1982, when the individual sack became an official statistic. In Week 8, Bosa also joined Julius Peppers (October 13, 2002) and Kevin Williams (December 28, 2003) as the only rookies to record at least three sacks and an interception in a single game since 1982.
Tennessee Titans WR A.J. Brown
Brown led all rookies with 1,051 receiving yards and tied for the most receiving touchdowns among rookies with eight. Brown became the second wide receiver to reach 1,000 receiving yards as a rookie in franchise history, joining Ernest Givins in 1986. This season, Brown joined Isaac Curtis (five in 1973), Willie Gault (four in 1983) and Pro Football Hall of Famer Randy Moss (five in 1998) as the only rookies with at least four touchdown receptions of 50-or-more yards since 1970.
Arizona Cardinals QB Kyler Murray
Murray led all rookie quarterbacks with 3,722 passing yards and 544 rushing yards in 2019. His 2019 season set rookie franchise records in passing yards, passing touchdowns (20) and passer rating (87.4). Murray joined Carolina’s Cam Newton (2011) as the only rookie quarterbacks with at least 3,500 passing yards and 500 rushing yards in NFL history.
Philadelphia Eagles RB Miles Sanders
Sanders led all rookies with 1,327 scrimmage yards (818 rushing, 509 receiving) in 2019 and joined Saquon Barkley as the only rookies with at least 800 rushing yards and 500 receiving yards since 2000. He surpassed LeSean McCoy (637 in 2009) for the most rushing yards by a rookie in franchise history and surpassed DeSean Jackson (1,008 in 2008) for the most scrimmage yards by an Eagles rookie in team history.
This is Pepsi’s 18th year as the official soft drink sponsor of the NFL and the 17th year that Pepsi will present the NFL Rookie of the Week and NFL Rookie of the Year award.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Grand Lake Theater Marquee Says Theater Reopens May 27th With Quiet Place 2 & Cruella 3200 Grand Av
- Zennie Abraham Live On WKDEEFM.ORG Talking Oakland A’s Howard Terminal Ballpark Issue
- Inside Fairyland Park, Lake Merritt Oakland.
- Letter From Oakland City Council Leaders To MLB Commissioner On A’s Howard Terminal Project
- Oakland City Council Leadership Sends Nasty Letter To MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Ballpark
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back: Bike Oakland: Redwood Rd & Park, Skyline, Leona Canyon
- Elizabeth Olsen Reunited With Anthony Mackie At MTV Awards 2021
- Kathryn Hahn Wins Best Villain For WandaVision At MTV Awards 2021
- Conservative Commentator Candace Owens May Run For President
- Howard Terminal Or Bust Dave Kaval Is Right Because Oakland A’s Have No Place To Go
- Vanessa Bryant Hall of Fame Speech | Kobe Bryant NBA Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- Browns owners unveil new proposal for Cleveland lakefront
- The Optimistic Oakland A’s Report By Michelle Milliken – May 16,2021
- Asian woman spit on at red light in Oakland
- Las Vegas Raiders 2021 NFL Schedule Review Livestream At Zennie62 YouTube
- Golden Gate Bridge daredevils sought
- SF Bay Area White “Journalists” Can’t Stand Black Oakland Blogger With His Own Opinion
- Hearst Media Services Uses San Francisco Chronicle For Reputation Management Services
- Warriors Steph Curry Highlights: Uses His Head In An Unusual Way To Score On Grizzlies Kyle Anderson
- Naismith SCHOOLS Cooperstown With Its 2021 Basketball Hall Of Fame Class, By: Vinny Lospinudo