ONN – Jon Gruden Oakland Raiders Head Coach At 2019 NFL Owners Meeting
Coach Gruden did his least favorite thing to do this morning: meet with the NFL Media. The man who came in with great fanfare and giant $100 million guaranteed contract, said he was happy with the shape his Oakland Raiders were taking as they head toward the 2019 NFL Draft. But he was most effusive about his new star wide receiver Antonio Bryant.
The Raiders earned the services of the former Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver in NFL Free Agency this year, and after a much publicized squabble between Steelers QB Ben Rothlisberger and Bryant. The Raiders, aided by a large salary cap space, were able to offer Bryant a deal that made him the highest paid wide-out in the NFL.
“I love Antonio Bryant’s energy,” Gruden said during our 40 minute talk. He’s the kind of guy who brings it. I’m gonna have him work out with (San Francisco 49ers Wide Receiver) Jerry Rice on that hill. I like players who bring it.”
I asked Coach Gruden to assess his 2018 NFL performance and his first year back as a head coach after a 10-year-absence, and he said “4 and 12 That’s all: 4 and 12.”
On the subject of the controversial pass interference no-call against the Los Angeles Rams in the NFC Championship Game, and the list of new pass interference penalty proposals, Gruden said “You can’t take human error out of the game. There are always situations that you’re going to disagree.
I talked to Atlanta Falcons Head Coach Dan Quinn about Coach Gruden’s take and he agrees as does San Francisco 49rs Head Coach Mike Shanahan.
Stay tuned. There are more highlights from the Jon Gruden Interview at the 2019 NFL Annual Meeting.
Oakland News Now Note: this post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network – part of a new approach to the production of media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and social media pages. The objective is real-time on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. We are constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- dat Krunchy Couple: Trader Joe’s Snack Haul
- Oakland City Council Leaders Email To Rob Manfred MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Relocation
- This Pastrami is Oakland’s Best Kept Secret | Word of Mouth
- 1100 Himself on The Meaning Behind The Word “Hyphy” + Explains Oakland Slang. PT.2
- Rose Haze | Oakland Band | Live Performance at Balanced Breakfast’s Showcase | SxSW 2021
- 2421 67th Avenue Oakland, CA | ColdwellBankerHomes.com
- Bike Oakland & Piedmont: Around Mountain View Cemetery
- Oakland Unified School District Announces 2021 Teachers Of The Year
- Colonial Pipeline Paid Darkside Hackers $5 Million In Ransom Money – Bad Idea
- Black Business Roundtable hosted by Oakland’s Own Doug Blacksher
- How The 49ers vs Raiders Preseason Games Restarted When The Silver And Black Returned To Oakland
- Rusty Hardin Says Tony Buzbee Deshaun Watson Settlement Not Happening Talk Is Ironic
- Mads Mikkelsen And Anders Jensen Blockbuster Interview With Zennie62Media’s Jessica Dwyer
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Seeks To Drown A’s Fans In Water At Coliseum
- Mads Mikkelsen Oscars: Mads Mikkelsen, Anders Jensen, Riders Of Justice Interview: Jessica Dwyer
- Oakland Schools: OUSD 2021 Classified School Employees Of The Year
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Statement On Restart of Colonial Pipeline And Continued Federal Government Efforts To Mitigate Impacts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In Relocation Talks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick
- City Of Oakland Eviction Moratorium Not Impacted By Federal Ruling