ONN – Join Steph Curry: Help Save Oakland Warriors House, Lloyd Canamore’s Home For 50 Years
The latest on this problem is that Golden State Warriors star Steph Curry gave the fund-raising effort a cyber push online. Now, the effort started by Warriors Superfan Lloyd Canamore’s neighbor Ali Roth has gained $195,000 of a targeted need of $350,000. Here’s the story as written by Mr. Roth on the GoFundMe page where you can donate here https://ift.tt/2ZfxUqk
If you live in West Oakland, you’ve no doubt seen Lloyd’s house. Even if you’re just passing through you’e probably noticed the bright blue and gold paint and Warriors flags waving as you get on the freeway. It’s become a local attraction; people come to take pictures, news crews have done interviews, and members of the team have even come to show their appreciation.
What you might not know is that this house has been in Lloyd’s family for 50 years. Lloyd is now 58 and has lived here since he was a kid. His mom tragically passed away last year, leaving him alone in the house and living off a fixed disability income.
Normally, Lloyd would be able to support himself in the home but when she passed they discovered that she had been a victim of a predatory lending scheme and a reverse mortgage had been taken our in her name by an old caretaker. Suddenly, the bank is requiring a payment of $350,000 to keep the house. They call him regularly and threaten to kick him out of the house he’s lived in his whole life. We can’t let that happen.
With so many families being pushed out and priced out of Oakland, this is infuriatingly not uncommon. If Lloyd loses his house, his options are extremely limited.
If you are able, please help share this campaign. It would be great to get the attention of the Warriors and hopefully help keep this little slice of Oakland in the family.
**My name is Ali and I’ve been Lloyd’s neighbor for 12 years. I’m personally born and raised in Oakland and have chosen to stay here and raise my family here as well. I’m trying to help Lloyd because, well, he needs help. He doesn’t have access to internet or a computer and is having a difficult time navigating his options. It breaks my heart seeing all the families who have lost their homes due to the gentrification of this area; generations of history uprooted. If you know of alternative ways to help him save his home without paying off this predatory lender, please send me a message. It would be great to get this done without the bank getting richer off of yet another Oakland family.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Coming Out Of Retirement- By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Derek Carr Supports Teammate Carl Nassib – By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Receiver John Brown Building Chemistry With QB Derek Carr
- John McAfee, Who Ran For President vs Donald Trump In 2015, Died In Spanish Prison
- Loki Lamentis Review Recap – By Jessica Dwyer
- Loki Episode 3: Does The Ark Reference Have Symbolic Meaning To Noah’s Ark? By Joseph Armendariz
- 2412 Kingsland Ave Oakland, CA 94601
- Bike Oakland/Alameda: Bay Trail & Bay Farm Island
- Oakland City Budget 2021-23: Oakland City Council President Bas Presents Amendments
- 2020 USWNT U.S. Olympics Women’s Soccer Team Announced June 23 2021
- IKEA in Atlanta Under Fire For Juneteenth Celebration Menu By Joseph Armendariz
- Loki Is Bisexual Says Director Kate Herron – But What Would Thor Say About That?
- My Cryptocurrency Portfolio Is Up Today, June 23 2021; Changed Its Composition. What Works For You?
- Howard Terminal Oakland Ballpark Project Clearing Up Errors In Reporting Regarding TIF, SB293 Skinner
- Loki Episode 3. Did This Episode Fail To Deliver? By Joseph Armendariz
- Kathleen Matz Takes Issue With My Oakland Juneteeth Shooting Vlog, Reflects A Basic Racial Problem
- The Race To Become New York Mayor- By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Top Draft Picks Continue To Shine In Training Camp – By Eric Pangilinan
- New York City Mayoral Primary Puts Spotlight On Ranked-Choice Voting
- Downtown Berkeley BART Station
Oakland News Now Archives
- Dynamic Group to break ground on 16-unit AD facility – Bioenergy Insight Magazine
- Dutch wood pellet imports reached new high in 2020 – Bioenergy Insight Magazine
- Oakland City Council Members Join Vigil in Honor of Victims of Juneteenth Shooting – NBC Bay Area – California News Times
- Crowd gathers at Lake Merritt to mourn 22-year-old man killed in mass shooting – San Francisco Chronicle
- Bishop Barber of Oakland: Unmasked Massgoers Should Not Be ‘Policed’ – National Catholic Register
- Juneteenth Celebration at Lake Merritt in Oakland, Calif. – The Pioneer
- Athletics race to large, early lead, defeat Rangers 13-6 – Associated Press
- List of possible A’s ballpark sites grows, 3rd Las Vegas trip planned – Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Bay Briefing: Where Bay Area small businesses got help — and where they didn’t – San Francisco Chronicle
- Oakland crowd twerks on ambulance, blocks responders after deadly shooting – Fox News