“John J Siegel, Jr, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Insight Terminal Solutions, LLC”
Louisville, Ky – Much has been written about the Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal and its developer Phil Tagami, and to a lesser extent Insight Terminal Solutions, LLC (ITS), but what about John J Siegel, who is the CEO of ITS?
Since Zennie62Media has been commissioned to tell the story of OBOT from the perspective of its developers and proponents, it’s a good idea to introduce all to Insight Terminal Solutions’s John J Siegel. Here’s his bio, based on the entry at the Insight Terminal Solutions website:
John J Siegel, Chairman, CEO, Insight Terminal Solutions LLC, Biography
Mr. John J Siegel has over 30 years of experience as a founder, owner and operator of vertically integrated coal mining, sales and related companies. Mr. Siegel was the founder, Executive Chairman and CEO of Bowie Resource Partners, LLC, formed in 2013, between Mr. Siegel and a subsidiary of Trafigura, AG (one of the largest commodities traders in the world).
At the time, Bowie Resource Partners (BRP) was the largest producer of Western Bituminous coal and the only producer with US West Coast export capacity through the Ports of Stockton and Richmond, California. John Siegel successfully sold significant quantities of Western Bituminous coal into Japan, South Korea, China, Mexico, Guatemala, and Chile, as well as other countries served by Bowie Resource Partners (BRP). Later, Mr. Siegel transferred the majority of his equity in BRP to Trafigura and its subsidiary earlier this year to concentrate on the Port of Oakland project.
Prior to Bowie Resource Partners and Insight Terminal Solutions, Mr. Siegel founded Green Bay Fuels in 1985, purchased Jader Fuels in 1998, and purchased the Bowie No. 2 Mine in Colorado in 2009, (the precursor of Bowie Resource Partners).
ITS John Siegel And The Creation Of The “Distribution Center” Concept
While heading Green Bay Fuels Mr. Siegel pioneered the “Distribution Center” concept where he partnered with consuming utilities by delivering unit trains of coal to the utility (for its own consumption) and then trucking additional product on a “just in time” basis from the utility to industrial consumers which greatly reduced transportation, logistics, storage and handling costs to the industrial consumers. The coal industry lauded the concept, with one observer saying that the “Kentucky company would revolutionize industrial procurement.”
John Siegel later partnered with the former Director of Tax of General Electric Energy Financial Services (division of GE Capital) to produce and market nearly $1 billion of Synthetic Fuels Tax Credits to Deutsche Bank and Lehmann Brothers. Mr. Siegel is also active in Tax Credits generated from Refined Coal under §45 of the Internal Revenue Code dealing principally with Berkshire Hathaway Energy and PacifiCorp sites.
John Siegel Creates Insight Terminal Solutions
Early in 2018, Mr. Siegel founded Insight Terminal Solutions, LLC for the purpose of working with Oakland-based California Capital And Investment Group’s Phil Tagami on subleasing the subject West Gateway Property or known as the Former Oakland Army Base from Oakland Bulk Oversized Terminal, LLC (“OBOT”). OBOT has a 66-year lease with the City of Oakland of the subject Terminal property.
Insight Terminal Solutions (Facebook Page) plans to build and operate a state-of-the-art multi-bulk commodities terminal in Oakland and with annual throughput capacity of 6-10 million tons of bulk product, which will transform how various commodities are moved throughout the world.
John J Siegel holds a Bachelor of Science degree from St. Joseph’s college of Rensselaer, Indiana. He attended Law School at the University of Louisville-Louis D. Brandeis School of Law.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Kev Choice Tribute to Michael Morgan October 20, 2021
- Best of Week 7 of the 2021 College Football Season – Part 1 ᴴᴰ October 20, 2021
- Astros vs. Red Sox ALCS Game 4 Highlights (10/19/21) | MLB Highlights October 20, 2021
- Skateboarders Making Pilgrimage to San Francisco’s Pier 7, Following Vandalism October 20, 2021
- NEW NBA odds released, plus MLB playoffs and NFL WEEK 6 Recap October 20, 2021
- 30 Years Later: East Bay Remembers Oakland Hills Fire October 20, 2021
- San Francisco In N Out temporarily closed over city’s proof of COVID 19 October 20, 2021
- Public Enemy – 30th Anniversary Oaktown’s On Fire! – Kaiser Conv. Center – Oakland, CA – 10/20/1991 October 20, 2021
- Anthrax – 30th Anniversary Oaktown’s On Fire! – Kaiser Convention Center – Oakland, CA – 10/20/1991 October 20, 2021
- Primus – 30th Anniversary Oaktown’s On Fire! – Kaiser Convention Center – Oakland, CA – 10/20/1991 October 20, 2021
- Lakers Postgame: Anthony Davis (10/19/21) October 20, 2021
- Mark Zuckerberg’s Post On Facebook’s Impact On America Forgets U.S. Diversity Makes It Ripe Target For Hate Content October 20, 2021
- Lakers Postgame: LeBron James (10/19/21) October 20, 2021
- Lakers Postgame: Frank Vogel (10/19/21) October 20, 2021
- Oakland PD Hates On Doja October 20, 2021
- Astros vs Red Sox Game 4 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 20, 2021
- HIGHLIGHTS | Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors October 20, 2021
- HIGHLIGHTS | LeBron James (34 pts, 5 ast, 11 reb) vs Golden State Warriors October 20, 2021
- HIGHLIGHTS | Anthony Davis (33 pts, 11 reb) vs Golden State Warriors October 20, 2021
- Stephen Curry Tallies a Triple-Double in Season Opener! | Oct. 19, 2021 October 20, 2021
- Oakland City Council Unanimously Approves Vice Mayor Rebecca Kaplan’s Proposal To Support Litigation Against Ghost Guns October 20, 2021
- Henry Ruggs III Mic’d Up vs. Broncos: ‘All Bama on the Board!’ | Week 6 | Las Vegas Raiders | NFL October 20, 2021
- Boxing Sandor Martin Stuns Boxing World By Defeating Former Champ Mikey Garcia By Eric Pangilinan October 19, 2021
- Meet Jon Bean, Oakland Rising’s Deputy Director Taks With Liz Suk, Executive Director October 19, 2021
- Philadelphia Eagles vs Las Vegas Raiders | Week 7 NFL Game Preview October 19, 2021
- Oakland hills firestorm marks 30th anniversary October 19, 2021
- 30 years later: Remembering the Oakland Hills Fire October 19, 2021
- Los Bukis ULTIMO CONCIERTO 2021 Oakland CA I Mi Mayor Necesidad October 19, 2021
- In-N-Out Burger in Battle With San Francisco Health Officials Over COVID Rules October 19, 2021
- Braves vs Dodgers Game 3 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 19, 2021