John Bolton Said His Twitter Account Was Turned Off After Tweeting To Correct Trump. Hey Jack Dorsey
ONN – John Bolton Said His Twitter Account Was Turned Off After Tweeting To Correct President Trump. Hey Jack Dorsey, You Working For The White House?
I just finished watching John Bolton’s interview with ABC’s Martha Raddatz and Bolton said that, in presenting the set of circumstances that occurred leading up to his ressignation from the White House, that he told President Trump that he was going to resign the day before intended to do it, and had his assistant draft a letter that was to be delivered to President Trump and put on his desk, where Bolton himself intended to, for all practical purposes, not be in the vicinity of the White House when it arrived.
But, what happened was that Trump did something that another president wouldn’t do: he turned it around on Bolton and said “hey look” by a tweet essentially “I’m firing John Bolton”.
When Bolton went to Twitter to correct Trump and say “No, no, no. Trump didn’t fire me, I resigned”, John Bolton told Martha Raddatz that his Twitter account was “turned off” – his words – “turned off”.
BOLTON: I came into the West Wing as usual — about 6 o’clock. I wrapped up a bunch of things that had been pending. I had my resignation letter prepared. I gave it to Christine Samuelian, my assistant, to take down to the Oval Office. I left to go home so I would be out of range when the letter hit.
And we were preparing to announce it a few hours later, when the president, obviously stunned at what had happened, tweeted first. So — we tweeted the actual circumstances of the resignation. And at that point, my Twitter account was shut off.
RADDATZ: Shut off? And he said he fired you?
Martha Raddatz didn’t pick up on that. She didn’t ask how that happened. She just simply said “Turned off?”, and he said “Turned off”, and they went on to talk about other related subjects. But I stopped right there, because that happened on the 24th excuse me on the 10th of September of 2019 last year. Now, during June 14th of 2019 (actually April 23rd) Twitter chief executive officer Jack Dorsey and a number of his key staff members visited President Trump at the White House, and while they gave a very broad brushed explanation, no details were provided.
Then, something really funny started to happen around September 2019: Twitter began to change a number of different policies they began to lop off different Twitter accounts ostensibly for violation of Twitter rules that didn’t exist before – like for example “platform manipulation”, a policy was created on the 19th of September 2019.
But, I digress, Kay Madati, who was Twitter’s Global VP Content and Partnerships at Twitter, resigned on the 24th of November of 2019.
I had the pleasure of meeting Kay at the Consumer Electronics Show earlier that year, that 2019 – and we did stay in touch. But I found that quite mysterious, that Kay left the way that he did, without an explanation. Just a platitude; comments pointing to great cordial relations and the assembly of a smooth transition.
That was it. He did say he didn’t know what he was going to do next. A comment that was quite puzzling, and left me to wonder what happened. But it left me to wonder what happened more when just days before the Consumer Electronics Show over to 2020, and just about a few hours after Ivanka Trump’s father President Trump announced a far more warlike stance with Iran (one that I interpreted and others did as World War Three: that we’re going to war against Iran).
I made a video blog expressing my concern that Ivanka Trump was coming to see us to give a keynote when her father was essentially putting much of the international tech world in danger, essentially because of his actions with respect to Iran so close to CES.
Now I stated before, and I will say again, especially especially after having attended Ms. Trump’s keynote, I have nothing against and I had nothing against Ivanka Trump herself being at CES to deliver a keynote.
And, I have said, and I will say again, that she and I quote “killed it” unquote – she did a fantastic job. And I said then I’ll say again, I think would make an amazing presidential candidate someday. And I mean that my criticism had to do with the circumstance, but that wasn’t enough for a number of Trump trolls. And it wasn’t enough for Twitter, which suspended my account just approximately two hours after I released the tweet that was associated with the video blog and the blog post that that was created automatically through the system I developed.
And it took Twitter a full two weeks to get back to me to explain what the reason was – unlike their press platitudes that they send to you emails and messages explaining exactly what tweeted – that led to the ouster.
With me, it wasn’t hard to figure out exactly which one it was, but the fact that they took so long to do it, and when they did said that it had to do with “platform manipulation”, I had multiple accounts, rang hollow.
Why? Because, if you go to Google right now, right this moment, and type “Twitter multiple accounts” in Google search. the number one result will be a help page on the Twitter website which shows you how to maintain multiple accounts on Twitter!
So why would Twitter just block my account for something they allow everybody in the Twitter universe to do? (And I’m not the only person this has happened to.)
So I now, look back at these events: Jack Dorsey meeting with President Trump in April of 2019, the action of basically freezing or stopping John Bolton’s access to his own account and suspending his own account after President Trump fired him. And then, when Trump trollin Bolton delivered back that he resigned and the president was wrong, his account was, as he put it, turned off, suspended
And then of course Kay Madati’s resignation as the Global VP Content and Partnerships at Twitter on the 24th of November of 2019. Why do I point to it? It’s not because I met him, no. But it did make it easier to figure out the trail because no action like that on that high level would occur without the blessing of the Global VP Content and Partnerships at Twitter – that would be Kay, at the time. That was September: two months before he resigned.
So, it’s obvious to me, at least, that Kay felt he was being asked to do something that was against his principles, and could no longer work with Twitter or for Twitter, and regardless of where he was going to go next, decided that escaping was the best action.
But for any head of state, for anybody in any position of prominence on Twitter, or actually has a who has an account on Twitter, that example should give you pause and you should ask Jack Dorsey the CEO of Twitter exactly what was going on?
This whole recent business of tagging tweets by President Trump now, to me, rings hollow in terms of any absolute example that Twitter is not in some type of partnership with the President of the United States to essentially control messages that are sent.
Sure, the President can go and step his bounds from time-to-time and Twitter can step in and look like it’s correcting him, and so this cover story exists. A cover story that shields our view from the real one just what is going on, with Twitter actually in partnership with President Trump.
Oh, and by the way, Jack please restore my Twitter account to unsuspended status. Thank you and subscribe to Zennie62 on YouTube and bookmark Oakland News Now.com
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland City Council Unanimously Approves Vice Mayor Rebecca Kaplan’s Proposal To Support Litigation Against Ghost Guns October 20, 2021
- Henry Ruggs III Mic’d Up vs. Broncos: ‘All Bama on the Board!’ | Week 6 | Las Vegas Raiders | NFL October 20, 2021
- Boxing Sandor Martin Stuns Boxing World By Defeating Former Champ Mikey Garcia By Eric Pangilinan October 19, 2021
- Meet Jon Bean, Oakland Rising’s Deputy Director Taks With Liz Suk, Executive Director October 19, 2021
- Philadelphia Eagles vs Las Vegas Raiders | Week 7 NFL Game Preview October 19, 2021
- Oakland hills firestorm marks 30th anniversary October 19, 2021
- 30 years later: Remembering the Oakland Hills Fire October 19, 2021
- Los Bukis ULTIMO CONCIERTO 2021 Oakland CA I Mi Mayor Necesidad October 19, 2021
- In-N-Out Burger in Battle With San Francisco Health Officials Over COVID Rules October 19, 2021
- Braves vs Dodgers Game 3 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 19, 2021
- TITANS y BILLS se baten en un ASOMBROSO duelo de MONDAY NIGH | Semana 6 2021 NFL Game Highlights October 19, 2021
- LIVE SPORTS TALK! Monday Night Football Bills Titans Recap, MLB Playoffs, Next LSU Head Coach? October 19, 2021
- San Francisco Leaders Offer Cash Rewards in Hopes of Reducing Car Break-Ins October 19, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans Full Highligh 4th Quarter | NFL Week 6, 2021 October 19, 2021
- Deputy chase underway in LA County October 19, 2021
- New Plan to Fight Car Break-Ins in San Francisco October 19, 2021
- Every Team’s Best Play From Week 6 | NFL 2021 Highlights October 19, 2021
- 49ers News TODAY: 49ers Injury Report, DeForest Buckner RETURNS, Trent Williams, Aaron Banks, Lynch October 19, 2021
- 30 years later: KTVU reporter recalls being trapped by Oakland Hills firestorm October 19, 2021
- Film Study: Raiders Defensive Line is causing Havoc October 19, 2021
- Raiders Sign Desmond Trufant + Raiders Rumors On Clelin Ferrell Trade, D.J. Hayden & Derek Carr October 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Alex Leatherwood Playing Better At The Guard Position By Eric Pangilinan October 19, 2021
- Raw Video: San Francisco Announces Cash Rewards To Stop Auto Burglary-Fueled Fencing Operations October 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Former Pro Bowl DB Desmond Trufant Signs With Raiders By Joseph Armendariz October 19, 2021
- ILUW Local 10, The Shipping Backlog & The Working Class with ILWU Local 10 Pres Trent Willis October 19, 2021
- MLB LIVE: Los Angeles Dodgers vs Atlanta Braves Live stream – Braves vs Dodgers Live October 19, 2021
- Raiders Rumors & News On Trade Clelin Ferrell, Derek Carr & Josh Jacobs + 2021 NFL Trade Candidates October 19, 2021
- Cal Football: Jake Tonges Press Conference (10.19.21) October 19, 2021
- Cal Football: Femi Oladejo Press Conference (10.19.21) October 19, 2021
- Cal Football: Justin Wilcox Press Conference (10.19.21) October 19, 2021