Oakland Police Commission Announces John Alden as the new Executive Director for the Community Police Review Agency in press release sent to Zennie62Media.
Oakland, CA — The Oakland Police Commission is pleased to announce that John Alden will serve as the Executive Director for the Community Police Review Agency effective Monday, July 29, 2019.
“Following a lengthy and extensive recruitment process where the Police Commission ultimately submitted two highly qualified candidates to fill the CPRA Executive Director position, I am elated that John will be taking the helm of the CPRA and directly support the Police Commission in the important work of civilian police accountability,” said Police Commission Chair Jackson. “John brings extensive and in depth experience in civilian oversight work that will serve us well.”
John Alden brings to Oakland a decade of deep experience in police accountability. Mr. Alden previously worked for the San Francisco Department of Police Accountability (DPA), formerly known as the Office of Citizen Complaints, and also for the Internal Affairs Division of the San Francisco Police Department. In those offices, he managed the investigation of complaints of police misconduct and use of excessive force, litigated disciplinary hearings, and advocated for changes in police policies and procedures. Mr. Alden also served as the Managing Attorney of the Independent Investigations Bureau (“IIB”) in the San Francisco District Attorney’s Office, a unit specializing in the investigation and prosecution of Officer Involved Shootings, In Custody Deaths, and other forms of potentially criminal officer misconduct.
Before working in police accountability, Mr. Alden began his career as a prosecutor, working in Sonoma and Marin Counties, and then transitioned to private practice litigating employment law matters. Early in his career, he worked in the State Legislature as an Unruh Fellow.
Mr. Alden received both his law degree and bachelor’s degree from the University of California, Berkeley.
Upon his appointment to the position of Executive Director of the Community Police Review Agency, Mr. Alden said: “The City of Oakland’s renewed investment in civilian oversight in the last few years has been inspirational to me. The public’s passage of Measure LL and city leaders’ continuing support for reform make clear that Oakland will be a cutting-edge model of accountability and transparency in the years to come. I am thrilled to be part of such a team, and honored to serve the people of Oakland.”
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Rep Liz Chaney Speech On House Floor On Eve Of Vote To Oust Her From House GOP Leadership
- Las Vegas Raiders New Number Changers For 2021 Season. By Joseph Armendariz
- May 11, 2021
- Livestream: Blame To Go Around In Oakland A’s Relocation Threat? Start With Oakland Athletics
- MLB Ask Oakland Athletics To Threaten Relocation – Oakland City Council’s Progressive Wing Steps In
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021
- Ben Barlett Berkeley Councilmember Meetings On Traffic, Fire Safety This Week
- Ultra Black News | Ahmed Muhammad | Oakland Tech’s First Black Male Valedictorian
- Asian American Attacks: Couple Dragged In Brazen Parking Lot Robbery In Oakland
- 5 7 2021 Auto Accident Hit N Run Oakland East 14th & 2nd
- Zennie62 YouTube At 2008 DNC Convention, United Airlines Flight To Denver, Meeting Ashley Wolfe Long
- Kenny Mayne: ESPN Tried To Keep Kenny Mayne For Less But He Said No – No Tears Here
- Andrew Peterson Oakland CIO Gets Harari Conscious Leadership And Social Innovation Award
- Oakland Councilmember Sheng Thao And Oakland Mutual Aid Collective Will Distribute PPE Kits To Students May 11th
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am