Jesse A. J. Smith, this author’s guest on Zennie62 On YouTube Live, this past Wednesday, May 23rd, (and which you can watch above) said be was a running for Mayor of Oakland as a “single issue candidate” who’s singular focus has been on improving the Oakland Police Department.
The Occupy Oakland member (yep, it still exists folks) says OPD is the most powerful political institution in the City of Oakland, the one with the most money, and he says is out of control. On the livestream interview, Jesse said that “OPD is involved in drugs and pimping,” referring to the Celeste Guap Scandal involving the underage woman who was taken advantage of by a number of officers “We’ve got to get control of it,” Smith said.
Mr. Smith is running for Mayor of Oakland for the first time, and he’s doing it on the cheap: he has no website, not even a free one, and openly points out that the best way you can reach him, or read about his platforms and ideas, is via his Twitter account: @OakSmith2018.
Jesse explained what motivated him to run for Mayor: “I started something called the “Get Free” project, which is still going on, and is being ran by other people. They are training candidates for 2020. I’ve always pushed people to be candidates. After a while, I’ve ran capaigans in the past and I saw my ideas being used, and thought ‘I am just going to have to get out there and do this myself.’” He says running for Mayor is something he feels he needs to do for the community. “There needs to be radical change,” in how Oakland deals with its many problems, he says.
Smith, 29 years old, is an interesting person – a truly different sort of dude running for Mayor of Oakland. He doesn’t expect to win, but would be happy to get enough votes to be Mayor. He says he has but one concern (which I will get to below) but is very conversant on various Oakland problems and issues. He isn’t seeking giant donations, but won’t turn donations away. He doesn’t have a full plan for Oakland, but is open to melding the idea of others into a mix that centers around his core concern – which I’ll mention below.
And, most notably, Jesse wants to communicate that the process of running for Mayor of Oakland is something every Oaklander should know, and can easily do. To the end of showing that’s so, he has pinned this thread on his Twitter account:
In this thread, I document my process for running for mayor. I encourage you to run as well, and hope this can help. Please contact me here with questions, corrections, or insights.
This thread will be updated as I take steps in this process.
— Jesse Smith for Mayor (@OakSmith2018) March 8, 2018
Take time to watch the one-hour and 22 minute talk with Jesse and make up your own mind regarding his run for Mayor of Oakland.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Nba Time For The 76ers To Trade Ben Simmons- By Eric Pangilinan
- Maria Ayerdi Kaplan: Salesforce Transit Center Should Have Her Statue In Front Of It, Marc Beinoff
- Dave Kaval Headed Back To Las Vegas, After The Howard Terminal City Of Oakland Alameda County Fiasco
- What Atlanta 1 Step From NBA Finals 1 Year After Donald Trump, Rayshard Brooks, The Pandemic, Means
- Atlanta Hawks Shock Philadelphia 76ers 103 – 96 – Off To 2021 Eastern Conference Finals
- Louis Riddick Says Raiders Issue Always Been Defense Not Derek Carr – By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Errol Spence Jr Belives He Is The big Dog- By Eric Pangilinan
- Gus Bradley Putting In New Defense System For The Raiders By – Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines Orders Biggest Doese Of Covid Vaccine
- Nba Western Conference Finals Devin Booker Shines By- Eric Pangilinan
- Deep Dish Pizza – Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria Classic Style At Uptown Plaza, Phoenix, 100 E Camelback Rd
- Gus Bradley Putting In New Defense System For The Raiders By- Eric Pangilinan
- 2021 Juneteenth Shooting At Oakland Lake Merritt Shows Some Black Kids Don’t Value Black Life – Our Fault
- Juneteenth Lake Merritt Shooting: Oakland City Council’s Nikki Fortunado Bas, Carroll Fife Statement
- Kumasi Aaron Of ABC 7 At Juneteenth Jubilee Oakland, Produced By Oakland City Council’s Loren Taylor
- Juneteenth Walk Down Broadway In Oakland Brings Back Memories For Instagram Poster
- 1 dead, others injured after shots fired at Lake Merritt
- Brooklyn Loses NBA Playoffs Game 7 To Milwalkee 115 – 111 Kevin Durant Reverts To Warriors Time
- NBA Super Teams Dont Win Right Away By- Eric Pangilinan
- Kevin Durant Is God Reaction – Hits Tie Shot To Send Game 7 Vs Bucks To Overtime