Atlanta, GA – When Jameis Winston, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Franchise Quarterback, was at Florida State, he was called by many “The Chosen One” for his remarkable passing talent during his freshman year. But, placed in a less-than-state-of-the-art offense under Tampa Bay’s first offensive coordinator and then head coach Dirk Koetter, Winston still performed well, but was placed in an inordinate number of terrible passing play schemes, leading to statistics and performance that were less than his talent points to.
Some in the mainstream media, influenced in part by racism, other parts lack of knoweldge of how to look at a football game, and assisted by Jameis Winston’s own off-field past bad luck and bad judgment (he’s doing fine today), constantly write in such a way as to create a bad image for the Bucs’ star. (A shoutout to ESPN’s Jeanna Laine for not being one of them.) The latest example comes under the headline “Bruce Arians Will Have a Hard Time Making a New QB Out of Jameis Winston.”
The article says that Winston has a problem throwing deep. Meanwhile, here’s the same Jameis Winston throwing deep in practice to Justin Watson:
Jameis Winston connects with Justin Watson on the deep post for a huge gain. pic.twitter.com/UnVWWxIhYW
— PewterReport (@PewterReport) August 6, 2019
There’s also video of Winston throwing deep to Mike Evans, among others – all the MMQB had to do was look. So, here’s an effort to set the record straight from Zennie62Media. Here’s 5 reasons why Jameis Winson will be the NFL MVP under Bruce Arians:
1) Bruce Arians passing offense features both controlled short passes, option routes, and the deep ball and spread formations for Jameis Winson. Coach Arians built his reputation forming the offense that made Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger a star.
2) Bruce Arians Bucs Offense for Jameis Winson has a number of short, timed passes. The problem with Dirk Koetter’s Bucs Offense was that it lacked a set of specific short passes from spread formation. In watching video from Arians training camp this year, Winston’s in Heaven: short, timed passes of 5 yards to wideouts and “stick” routes, too.
3) Bruce Arians Offense for Jameis Winson will not put him in stupid passing situations. Who can forget when Dirk Koetter had Winston throw a short play action pass out of I-formation against Bengals Defense that had eight-in-the-box and short zone-man coverage. Result: no one was open, Winston’s pass was tipped and intercepted, and the media blamed him, even as he was forced to make a bad scheme look good.
4) Tampa Bay’s Defense under Defensive Coordinator Todd Bowles and featuring star defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh and 2019 NFL Draft 1st Round Pick Devin White, will give the ball back to the Bucs Offense, resulting in more offensive plays per game.
5) Tampa Bay’s offensive rushing attack will be more effective because it will come from wider-split and spread formations more often than under Dirk Koetter.
All of those reasons, and more, will cause Jameis Winston to rise to the level of NFL MVP and quite possibly Super Bowl 54 MVP. Remember, you read it here, first.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- WATCH LIVE: Jury in Derek Chauvin trial expected to return a verdict
- Oakland School News: OUSD Unveil’s New Green Schoolyard In Celebration Of Earth Day
- A Shooting Has Taken Place At A Stop & Shop In West Hempstead, NY, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Look At Oakland Lake Merritt Instagram Videos Shows Fun Gathering – Are Complaints Just Racism?
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele, Oakland A’s Announcer
- Oakland Police Chief Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds
- Amtrak Capital Corridor #527 train Southbound at The Oakland Coliseum Amtrak Station 4KHD
- More Oakland Unified Elementary Students Return to School
- The Sounds Of Oakland: The OPD Engagement Of The 2021 Protest Season
- 11370 Golf Links Road, Oakland, CA | Michael and Nicole Wilhelm, Compass
- Oakland Vigil & Protest for Daunte Wright & Adam Toledo 4/16/2021
- Berkeley Councilmember Ben Bartlett Says FAA Threatens City’s Skies
- President Biden, First Lady, Vice President Harris Statements On Walter Mondale’s Passing
- Oakland A’s Road Warrior Ways Produce 8-Game Win Streak, 9-7 Record
- City of Oakland, Partners, Welcome New Brooklyn Basin Affordable Housing Units Residents
- VP Kamala Harris On Diplomacy With Mexico Northern Triangle Countries During Press Gaggle