Iowa Corn Growers Association President Curt Mether sent this statement to Zennie62Media and in support of President Trump’s $16 billion in aid.
We, The Iowa Corn Growers Association, along with other agriculture groups, are welcoming the $16 billion issued by the Trump Administration today in assistance to help farmers with potential loss due to the recent tariffs and China’s retaliatory tariffs. These funds will be used to calm the destruction of the perfect agriculture storm. Us farmers are caught right in the middle of the agriculture storm with low prices due to the current trade disputes, demand destruction of ethanol by the EPA granting RFS waivers to oil refiners, plus devastating weather conditions this spring.
All these factors are affecting farm incomes and farmers need fair treatment during these uncertain times. Although the amount as not yet been issued for bushels of corn, The Iowa Corn Growers Association continues to push for more aid than was given in the first trade aid last year.
ICGA issued a call to action last week encouraging members to express to the Trump Administration that one cent per bushel of corn is not enough due to the economic situation for corn farmers. This week, there was a media report stating a draft of the Trump Administration’s plan will allocate 4 cents per bushel of corn.
ICGA has continued daily dialog with the Administration and Congress continuing to state that 4 cents does not reflect trade impact on corn. According to an NCGA-commissioned economic analysis conducted last May, corn farmers suffered a loss of at least 44 cents per bushel in the price of corn. We continue daily to speak up for our corn farmers by saying a couple cents is not enough.
Iowa Corn Growers Association President Curt Mether
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Police possibly to Arrest Me for Protest by Derrick Soo
- Oakland News Now at OaklandNewsNow.com Is The Most Advanced Active News Blog Website Ever In Oakland
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft V2 Livestream By Zennie62Media For April 17th
- Former Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris On ESPN 30-For-30 Raiders Al Davis vs. NFL – The Aftermath
- Elihu Harris Former Oakland Mayor On ESPN 30-For-30, “Al Davis Versus The NFL”
- Walk Down MacArthur Blvd To Grand Av In Oakland Adams Point Made Into Instagram Art
- Oakland Marriott City Center Has Striking Mural Of Young Black Girl At Play That’s Amazing
- Detroit Tigers vs Oakland Athletics Highlights April 16, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Peaceful Demonstration Over Deadly Police Shootings Turns Violent in Oakland
- Demonstration in Oakland to Protest Police Shootings Turns Violent
- Kevin Samuels And Kevin Durant Use White-Owned Social Media To Say Bad Things About Black Folks
- Oakland NAACP Response to District Curriculum Adoption Recommendation.
- COVID-19 Vaccine At Dodger Stadium – By Joseph Armendariz
- The Alley Cat Bar In Oakland At 3325 Grand Avenue To Reopen Thursday April 22 2021
- Erica Chapman Makeup Artist In Deshaun Watson Lawsuit Poses Prostitute Problem For Tony Buzbee
- Marshawn Lynch: Sitting Down With Dr. Anthony Fauci
- OUSD Oakland Girls To Be In Soroptimist International’s “Steps to Success” On Saturday
- Derrick Soo Says WhereDoWeGoOakland.tv, A Remarkable Oakland Housing Effort, Is Active
- Sam Wilson Becomes Captain America In The Epic Falcon And The Winter Soldier Episode 5
- President Joe Biden Statement On The Mass Shooting In Indianapolis, Indiana