ONN – Insight Terminal Solutions OBOT Development Held Up By City Of Oakland
The Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal project has not got off the ground, so to speak, because of stall tactics by the City of Oakland.
It’s not that permits were not issued, as the FAQ for Insight Terminal Solutions stated, it’s that the City of Oakland has behaved in a way that the developers contend is not illegal, and court cases won back their claims.
The City of Oakland, in its proprietary capacity (as landlord), has failed to provide required documents and review ITS construction drawings as required under the ground lease.
The City of Oakland in its regulatory capacity, refused to engage in a process with ITS to obtain building permits.
The City of Oakland has claimed that Insight Terminal Solutions OBOT is a coal terminal. It’s not. OBOT is a bulk terminal that will be capable of handling various commodities including coal.
Moreover, the City of Oakland knew this as far back as 2009, but later allowed Tom Steyer to influence its economic development decision making away from OBOT, even though it had given Phil Tagami and by extension ITS, the permission via development agreement to build the OBOT – it just needed a few approvals. But that written, from the start, plans were to use covered cars, sealed storage facilities, and just-in-time rail to container ship shipping to reduce zero as much as possible emissions from OBOT.
That includes the planned use of zero-emissions rail trains.
Insight Terminal Solutions has a contractual relationship with Phil Tagami and California Capital Investment Group.
Oakland News Now Note: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network. This is a major part of our new approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders And NFL Announce 2021 Preseason Schedule Dates, Times – A Quick Review
- NFL Announces 2021 Preseason Schedule Dates, Times – A Quick Review
- Howard Terminal: City Of Oakland, SB 293 Skinner, Mello Roos, And Private Activity Bond
- LA Clippers Rally From Down 25 Points To Advance To The WCF For The First Time, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Nba Western Conference Finals Set Suns Vs Clippers By- Eric Pangilinan
- NFL News: Cole Beasley Bill’s WR Anti Vaxxer Rant On Twitter My Take By Joseph Armendariz
- San Francisco Giants And Oakland as Both Winning
- ILWU Speak Out Against Oakland Athletics Howard Terminal But Praises Chase Center by Richard Haick
- Lights Go Out At Hawks State Farm Arena – Replay Of 2013 Super Bowl
- Hawks Trey Young 35-Foot 3-Pointer Vs 76ers Keeps Steph Curry Comparisons Alive
- Raiders Sign Former Chiefs Players By – Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines To Deploy Nurses Abroad By- Eric Pangilinan
- Who Is Caleb Scott ?Raiders Singed
- If Manny Pacquaio Beats Errol Spence Where Would Manny Rank
- AASEG And WNBA Press Conference Oakland At Everett And Jones BBQ By Vasu Vaddiparty
- WNBA Press Conference Oakland – By Vasu Vaddiparty
- Two SF Bay Area Women, VP Kamela Harris, Oakland Rep Barbara Lee, At Juneteenth Holiday Bill Signing
- For Beautiful Legs Build Strength And Balance Through Yoga
- Oakland Police Video Features Sgt Doria Neff Of The Mental Health Unit In Video Interview
- Governor Newsom visits small businesses in Oakland